Minn. H.S. Recruiting Success ≠ Winning

False.

I could literally go on for days about how your perception of this is wrong, but I'll offer one example:

Ja'Juan Story has offers from (among others) Florida, Auburn, Clemson, Florida State, Georgia, Georgia Tech, Iowa State, Kentucky, Louisville, LSU, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Minnesota, North Carolina, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Pittsburgh, Rutgers, South Florida, Tennessee, Texas A&M, and
West Virginia.

Now, surely, a prospect with Florida, LSU, Michigan, Notre Dame, OSU and Tennessee offers is a surefire 5-star, top 25 prospect, right?

So how is it that Ja'Juan Story is the #31 WR, and not even in the Rivals Top 250? I mean, the quality and number of offers are the only thing that's important, right?

Aw, hell, just for fun, I'll add one more example.

Glen Faulkner has one offer. From Kentucky. A school that has won 2 conference titles (the last in 1976) despite being in the SEC forever. Surely, this lad with one offer that is from a mediocre school is a 2-star, possibly even low 3-star prospect, yes? Why, no! Faulkner is the #3 safety in the land, #83 overall, and is quite safely a 4-star prospect. How can this be? A player with a mere one offer, one not even from a good school? Surely this is in error!

F-tard. Make a logical argument if you want, but don't come up with this garbage. How long did it take you to find these three examples?

Listen, I've been working in the recruiting business for a decade. Ask any coach and they'll tell you that they'll use any varifyable third party information they can and the DON'T use Rivals or Scout - it's not because they're BS sites, it's because of who those sites' target audiences are.

I'm not going to be a know-it-all and tell you I'm intimately familiar with the recruitment of these three kids, but I'd be willing to bet a month's salary that there are extraordinary circumstances regarding each that you so gracefully cite.

F-tard. Make a logical argument if you want, but don't come up with this garbage. How long did it take you to find these three examples?

Listen, I've been working in the recruiting business for a decade. Ask any coach and they'll tell you that they'll use any varifyable third party information they can and the DON'T use Rivals or Scout - it's not because they're BS sites, it's because of who those sites' target audiences are.

I'm not going to be a know-it-all and tell you I'm intimately familiar with the recruitment of these three kids, but I'd be willing to bet a month's salary that there are extraordinary circumstances regarding each that you so gracefully cite.

You must be a real professional, coming on here in the guise of a recruiting expert, and calling people names (swearing nonetheless). You stay classy.

I've given plenty of verifiable data to disprove your point. Why don't you go ahead and provide some to back up yours? You saying "because I'm Mr. Recruiting Expert" doesn't make it so. And I'm the "F-tard".

(P.S. I provided two examples. Counting ordinal numbers must not be a prerequisite for being a recruiting expert.)

Listen, I've been working in the recruiting business for a decade.

Recruiting for charm school? Executive search?

You must be a real professional, coming on here in the guise of a recruiting expert, and calling people names (swearing nonetheless). You stay classy.

I've given plenty of verifiable data to disprove your point. Why don't you go ahead and provide some to back up yours? You saying "because I'm Mr. Recruiting Expert" doesn't make it so. And I'm the "F-tard".

(P.S. I provided two examples. Counting ordinal numbers must not be a prerequisite for being a recruiting expert.)

1) Alright. I work in college athletics recruiting. I should not have brought it up. I'm not going to get into my profession, so like I said, I shouldn't have cited it. My bad.

2) Rivals and Scout are built for fans. Storied programs' classes are ranked higher by those Rivals and Scout (and others) because those programs are "storied." Without digging too hard to find hard examples, I'll site many of the points made in Stewart Mandel's "Bowls, Polls, and Tattered Souls." Programs' recruiting classes and their ranking by Scout and the like are self-fulfilling.

3) I'm not into picking fights on boards. But when you flat out tell me that Scout and Rivals' status as fan based is "false," it's like teasing a lion with a steak. Don't try to come off so innocent, dpodoll68.

4) College recruiting is a business. So long as we college football rubes PAY for subscriptions to things like Scout, Rivals, etc., there will always be motivations for those publications to cater to geographic centers of college football.

Top Bottom