Miles Fleming Commits to Gophers!

TBH, not sure how I feel about this whole flipping business ... but I guess if everyone else is trying to do it, you’ve got do it too.

That said, I would not and certainly don’t “blame” Mr. Fleming. He has made the best decision for himself at this time, and that is excellent. Welcome aboard!

time to whine we're running out of spots

Flipped from Miami, OH in case anyone was wondering.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

23 commits with Kaden Johnson and Joe Moore listed as warm on 247, kinda seems like PJ is gonna take 25 commits...needs a decent amount of churn after this season to make that feasible.

23 commits with Kaden Johnson and Joe Moore listed as warm on 247, kinda seems like PJ is gonna take 25 commits...needs a decent amount of churn after this season to make that feasible.

Well, I'm going to trust Fleck has a plan

Wonder if he’s trying to convince a few of these to take “Maroon Shirts”? Ie, get them to agree to pay for their first year out of pocket and be a PWO, with the soft promise of a scholarship in year two.

Yeah, this one lowered the average for the class. Fleck will probably need to land those two in order for this class to stay inside of the top 40.

Wonder if he’s trying to convince a few of these to take “Maroon Shirts”? Ie, get them to agree to pay for their first year out of pocket and be a PWO, with the soft promise of a scholarship in year two.

I wouldn't be surprised

From the commitment post on The Daily Gopher:

247 Sports’ Bill Greene named Fleming as his overall MVP at the annual Best of Midwest Combine back in April. His words: “Columbus (Ohio) Bishop Hartley athlete Miles Fleming began his day with a 4.46 40-yard dash, among the fastest of the day before throwing a consistent and accurate football going through position drills and 1-on-1s. Fleming then used his speed to torch defensive backs and projects as a receiver or cornerback on the next level.”

Yeah, this one lowered the average for the class. Fleck will probably need to land those two in order for this class to stay inside of the top 40.

Who cares.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe his rating will be upped now that he’s with a P5 instead of MAC.

I often wondered how hard it is to sell that to some players and their parents. For some families it may not be a problem; but if it were my kid, it would have to be a pretty good pitch for me to not say "son, you'll go where you have a scholarship. Period."

CB according to the 247 article.

Based on some of his highlights, I’m thinking he’s a potential punt returner too.

Be nice to have a PR who isn't a front line player elsewhere.

I really worry when Williams or other folks who are critical to offense or defense take punts and /or kicks.

I often wondered how hard it is to sell that to some players and their parents. For some families it may not be a problem; but if it were my kid, it would have to be a pretty good pitch for me to not say "son, you'll go where you have a scholarship. Period."

Heck I knew kids who wanted to quit a high school sport ... but they were also good enough to get a scholarship. Parents would have none of that quitting.

Granted those kids have since graduated and now very much like that they don't have school loans.

I know Moore is scheduled to announce in a few weeks. Anyone know anything about Kaden?

He was concerned with the state of the 2017 class a month before signing day. More lies.
Coyle is constantly talking about how important recruiting rankings are, bragging about them, stating as a reason to hire/fire a coach. He definitely cares.

Coyle is constantly talking about how important recruiting rankings are, bragging about them, stating as a reason to hire/fire a coach. He definitely cares.

Show me a quote from him talking about the average rating of the class.

New commit today?

He “constantly” talks about recruiting rankings as a reason to fire a coach? I think that came up with Claeys. I don’t think PJ has anything to worry about.

Last edited:

He “constantly” talks about recruiting rankings as a reason to fire a coach? I think that came up with Claeys. I don’t think PJ has anything to worry about.

I think you missed the comma.

Top Bottom