Mike Rhoades (Penn State) our new guy in “Comparable 4”

Folks have been saying that, in order for Johnson to demonstrate sufficient progress, we need to get out of the bottom four. This roster isn't there yet and would have to be augmented considerably, filling the remaining openings, to get there.
What folks are saying is meaningless. Coyle will make a decision based on what he sees.

You play to win the game. The measure is absolutely where you finish amongst your peers.
Yes, your measure as a fan. Not necessarily the bigger picture the AD will look out to make a decision after next season.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Here is the MN mentality, in writing...........you must be in Admin at the U overseeing sports.
Of all the places you could ever have found me, being an administrator at any university is dead last on the list.

We are fans. We are emotional about Gopher teams. The AD looks at it differently. Maybe his judgment will agree with ours, maybe not.

Yes, your measure as a fan. Not necessarily the bigger picture the AD will look out to make a decision after next season.
Yep. Fans fixate on the record and while that is also going to be a huge part of what the AD looks at when making decisions about the future it isn't going to be the only factor. So while I think that Johnson gets fired if the team comes in last again, I also understand that there may be circumstances where a 14th place finish doesn't lead to him getting fired. What those circumstances would be I can't say with any certainty but it could happen.

Yep. Fans fixate on the record and while that is also going to be a huge part of what the AD looks at when making decisions about the future it isn't going to be the only factor. So while I think that Johnson gets fired if the team comes in last again, I also understand that there may be circumstances where a 14th place finish doesn't lead to him getting fired. What those circumstances would be I can't say with any certainty but it could happen.
I want the same thing for next year whether Johnson gets fired a year from now or not. Improvement. Be competitive every game. Play better defense and more disciplined offense.

If we improve wins will come. Whether it will be enough wins to satisfy fans, probably not. But Coyle has to look at the bigger picture. He may see a trajectory of improvement that he believes is acceptable.

What? Because I think winning games matters, I also want to shut down discourse? The guy I was responding to actually posted that people's opinions don't matter and it's all up to Coyle, so I'm not sure why you're calling me out.
Oops, replied to the wrong post. My apologies. I'll edit.

What folks are saying is meaningless. Coyle will make a decision based on what he sees.
Are you one of these people telling everyone to stop posting here because it's pointless? I don't think you're going to be successful shutting this site down.

Top Bottom