Mike Max thinks the Air Force and MSU games will be at night

BleedGopher

Reaction score
He said tonight that he is hearing that the Air Force and Michigan State games will be night games, with the latter on Halloween night.

We'll see if he's right.

Go Gophers!!

night game for the home opener would be awesome! hopefully it happens...

hopefully we will get some espn coverage along with that!

Air Force game most likely on Big Ten Network.

i bet the MSU game could also be Big Ten Network.

i have a betting mind that the Big Ten Opener vs Wisconsin get on ABC.

Problem is, USC-Ohio St is already slated for primetime ESPN/ABC.

I think a 3:30 start would be ideal from a viewing/coverage perspective. Or else ESPN2 carries it in primetime.

re:

I thought there was a "flyover" during the AF game? How does that work at night??

Is Michigan State going to be homecoming? Date-wise that game or Purdue (Oct. 10) seem to make the most sense. My hunch is that the only reason they are playing around with the game time for an Oct. 31 game is because it is homecoming.

You're Joking, Right? ;-)

I thought there was a "flyover" during the AF game? How does that work at night??

Assuming your question is "legit" (I'm not biting, necessarily):

Even if it were midnight, and there wasn't direct, or ambient, autumn sunlight (like there will be at even 6:45, or even 7:45 p.m. on 9/12/09), a flyover in pitch dark, even with the stadium lights all off, would be impressive.

The fighters, or Blackhawks should they choose and given the opponent, have navigation and strobe lights; and if it is fighters, the sound and light from the afterburners alone would be impressive.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

In the likely event you've given another electronic yank on the chain:

Of course, it's a good thing this will happen for the Air Force game, and not the Wisky game, or you'd have to disclose the no-flyover to your Bucky fans buying "your (alleged) seats". Alas, less profit, but since the dollar is a big motivator for you . . .

I also applaud your subversion and understated pot-stirring techniques.

:clap:

Assuming your question is "legit" (I'm not biting, necessarily):

Even if it were midnight, and there wasn't direct, or ambient, autumn sunlight (like there will be at even 6:45, or even 7:45 p.m. on 9/12/09), a flyover in pitch dark, even with the stadium lights all off, would be impressive.

The fighters, or Blackhawks should they choose and given the opponent, have navigation and strobe lights; and if it is fighters, the sound and light from the afterburners alone would be impressive.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

In the likely event you've given another electronic yank on the chain:

Of course, it's a good thing this will happen for the Air Force game, and not the Wisky game, or you'd have to disclose the no-flyover to your Bucky fans buying "your (alleged) seats". Alas, less profit, but since the dollar is a big motivator for you . . .

I also applaud your subversion and understated pot-stirring techniques.

:clap:

Maybe at 29 Palms, but not in a metro filled with perifial light pollution.

Since you are mired in a sea of unawareness, you owe me $25 for the info on the flyover.

Unless these games are on the B10 Network the time will be unknown until 2 Mondays before the game. ABC/ESPN announces it that far in advance.

Air Force game most likely on Big Ten Network.

i bet the MSU game could also be Big Ten Network.

i have a betting mind that the Big Ten Opener vs Wisconsin get on ABC.

I agree with this, though MSU could potentially be on ABC primetime if both teams are rolling at that point.

Unless these games are on the B10 Network the time will be unknown until 2 Mondays before the game. ABC/ESPN announces it that far in advance.

Night games are actually determined before the start of the season because they take more resources and planning to prepare for. (i.e. broadcasting, security, etc)

If there are any night games on the schedule, we will know probably in mid-july to august.

All the rest of the games will be filled in via the BTN/ESPN picking lottery 2 weeks before kick.

gopherguy05, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. As a fan of another fanbase, I will not say which, a big game is announced two Mondays prior by ESPN/ABC. B10 games are always known, like the IA-MN game this year. I don't think ESPN would schedule a night game in advance because of the possibility of it not being a big game. Now, Thursday night games in the Big East are different because they know if it's on a Thursday it is at night and on ESPN. Do you know some inside info that I don't? I'm more curious on this issue rather than looking for an argument.

gopherguy05, I'm going to have to disagree with you on this one. As a fan of another fanbase, I will not say which, a big game is announced two Mondays prior by ESPN/ABC. B10 games are always known, like the IA-MN game this year. I don't think ESPN would schedule a night game in advance because of the possibility of it not being a big game. Now, Thursday night games in the Big East are different because they know if it's on a Thursday it is at night and on ESPN. Do you know some inside info that I don't? I'm more curious on this issue rather than looking for an argument.

To correct myself, I guess some can be scheduled after the fact. I know last year all the Gopher 6 pm kickoffs on the BTN were determined before the start of the season. Just like the USC/Ohio State is allready scheduled for a 7 pm kick. I know the Wisconsin/ PSU and OSU games were both scheduled several weeks out as night games last year. The one thing I could see would be a really marquis game being moved later in the year to a prime time ABC kick, but for the most part those Prime time games are scheduled far ahead of time, and don't take into consideration how the teams are doing. ABC probably has 95% of its Saturday night prime time games scheduled right now just by looking at the schedule. As long as the teams are decent now or have reputations of being decent like Wisconsin they will schedule those OSU/WI or OSU/PSU games in prime time early because they know they will be good, or should no matter what be good. It will still be several good seasons before they schedule a Michigan State/ MN game for prime time in July.

Any night games MN has will most likely be BTN games predetermined in the next month or two like the opener last year.

Thanks for putting it into perspective. Of course after I asked that question Penn State coach Jay Paterno was quoted saying the Iowa game would be at night. I could've saved myself the lecture. ;)

Top Bottom