Mike Max talks to Bobby Bell and Judge Dickson about stadium

Why did the end of the story seemed chopped off?

Thanks for the link!

Also, checkout the attached. At the end of the Twins story they give another different overhead shot of the "Bank" - Brewsters word for it.

I'm good with that name.

GM

http://www.wcco.com/video/[email protected]

Bell & Dickson

Its great to see the loyalty and enthusiasm these two football stars have for the U nearly 50 years after leading the Gophers to B10 and national football titles. They both realize and are appreciative of the opportunity the U gave them in life.

Link to a story, and you have two all time greats standing outside the stadium, holding on to the chainlink fence. Come on Maxie, get some access for Bell and Dixon. Maybe there is more to the story than meets the eye. Maybe that's a close as Maxie is allowed to get. That is great news.

In the overhead shot it looks like half the field is darker than the other which probably means they were half finished with putting the final layer of rubber pellets down. When you look at the darker side it appears that the maroon in the endzone now looks pretty close if not exactly matches the maroon seat color. Hopefully all the people who were worried about this can now relax.

Thanks cduff . . .

grateful for the link and that you had Judge Dickson's name correct. Too bad the WCCO staff had his name incorrect (Dixon) in the caption. Oh well, not as big a faux pax as the ticket fiasco a couple years back with Sandy Stephens name.

Go Gophers!!

I agree on the maroon.

What do you think of the gold in the endzones? Still looks too dull (old gold) for me. I'd like to match the seats/endzone we had for the bowl game last year.

GM

I will "relax" the day it is done.

You obvisously have no memory of 9 different shades of maroon, and 4 different golds. Your blind trust of this administration hopefully is well placed. I will be the first to say I was wrong if I am wrong. How about you guys?

The overhead shots remind me a lot of those first computer simulations we got to see way-back-when. It is fun to know that it is now the REAL THING.

I also think it is funny to see others fretting over silly things like the color of gold in the lettering in the end zones. This is exactly the kind of things I find myself paying attention to and it is nice to see I am not alone with this "disease". I found the right place.

I felt bad the football legends had to look through the fence to see the stadium. Shows you how much pull that idiot Max has at the U. Any way to get Max out of town? I can't stand him.

You obvisously have no memory of 9 different shades of maroon, and 4 different golds. Your blind trust of this administration hopefully is well placed. I will be the first to say I was wrong if I am wrong. How about you guys?

Didn't say I had "blind trust" in the administration. Just basing my opinion on what my eyes tell me when I look at the overhead shot.

I felt bad the football legends had to look through the fence to see the stadium. Shows you how much pull that idiot Max has at the U. Any way to get Max out of town? I can't stand him.

speaking of fences. hopefully they will put fat pat reusse in a little fenced-off cage when he tries to enter "the bank" this coming season. coach brewster can come out and say "sorry fat ass, but you are not getting into this place!" ;)

There seems to be a thread within a thread. Who should not be allowed in TCF?
Here is my list:

1. Mike Max
2. Dan The Burrito
3. The Fat A$$ from Fulda
4. Dan Cole
5. Sid's Kid and his side kick

They all know why, and if they don't it doesn't matter. They have been a thorn in Gopher Athletics for their careers. Never a friend, never a contributor, too often scornful, or outright bashing. It has no place in College Athletics. It is fair game in the professional ranks but they pick on those who cannot or were not willling to defend themselves. They feel entitled, they find it cute. We don't need them. I personally dislike those who did not play the game, didn't teach or coach the game, they simply talk about the game or write about it. Dislike them more than any opponent. They are the ultimate opponent.

Mike Max

Mike Max is just the worst as far as I am concerned. He has a real smarmy way about him that really turns me off. It is a kind of arrogance like he is a real insider, and he is not. Anyone who has read the paper that morning is as much of an insider as Maxie. He talks down to sports fans. He also has some of that sarcastic, negative thing going that so many of the local sports media think is "real journalism." I don't want homerism, but these guys could make so much more out of their perch in the local sports media.

Too bad the WCCO staff had his name incorrect (Dixon) in the caption. Oh well, not as big a faux pax as the ticket fiasco a couple years back with Sandy Stephens name.

I also noticed that misrepresentation of a Gopher great's name in the film clip - and saw it repeated in a later post in this thread. Fortunately, WCCO TV corrected the spelling to Dickson by the time the feature ran on Rosen's Sports Sunday. Credit where credit is due.

I just don't quite understand this thread. Max produces a story that promotes Gopher football--like we all want him and the media to do. And all everyone does in this thread is rip on him. Don't blame Max for him not being inside the stadium. Blame Maturi and the media relations department.

I suppose it went something like this. Maxie thinks it would be a great story with Dickson and Bell and contacts them. Tells them they will film it over at the U. Probably sends cars to pick them up. They arrive and Maxie assumed he would have access to the stadium. He probably thought he was entitiled to be on the field to film the story. But no, no call to Maturi, no prior planning, he just showed up. You know who he is, don't you?

If that isn't the story he did call and they gave him a song and dance about not being able to arrange it and he did it as a last resort. Why would the administration do that? Maybe, just maybe they are tried of Maxie promoting Maxie. Either way the video comes off as akward at best and detracts from the story. The viewer has to ask the question, why are these two Gopher Greats on the outside looking in?

Shame on Max for putting these two legends in that position.

If there's anyone in this town who likes to hear himself talk, it's Mike Max.

Sid drops names to get a story. Mike Max drops names because it makes Mike Max sound important.

If there's anyone in this town who likes to hear himself talk, it's Mike Max.

Sid drops names to get a story. Mike Max drops names because it makes Mike Max sound important.

the KEY difference is that sid actually knows (and IS often friends) with the people whose names he drops. mike max.....hardly.

a couple positive stories by mike max on the gophers doesn't make up for a hundred negative slant stories about the gophers in general; buddying up with the likes of fat pat reusse & dark star; or for talking more about the UND fighting bison basketball team's lame run to the ncaa tourney more than the gopher's trip to the big dance. mike max is a hick at heart and a poor sports reporter.

Top Bottom