Mike Max - Idiot

Ski U Mah Gopher

Member of the Tribe
Reaction score
I know it's volleyball, but the dude can't even take the time to get the name of the players right.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/1rNO0bfvvk4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

What happened to Max's super terrible news about the athletic department that he wasn't telling anyone?

What happened to Max's super terrible news about the athletic department that he wasn't telling anyone?

I think he said it. It was: "He plans to cover them for at least 5 more years..."

I'm sorry, am I missing something? I sat through the entire video waiting for Mike Max to ask a stupid question where he messed up names or something. But, he never asked a single question in the video that was posted. Is there more to the story?

Max is disrespectful arrogant little man.

Called Paige by the wrong name during the press conference.

He hates covering the Gophers because he was only good enough to be a Hamline Piper, D3 where everyone get's to play.
Called her the wrong name on purpose I would bet.

Here's the rundown:

Thanks for posting...

I wonder who the off screen questions were from. There were some remarkably bad ones:

"You've played 7 matches at home and two on the road...." - it's been 3 home & 6 road
"Does Penn State look as strong as they have...?" (And that's after a reference to the top three nationally being in the B1G.) - the top 3 are Nebraska, us, and Wisconsin
"You play a round robin, you play everyone twice..." - no, we only play 7 teams twice

And there was no follow up to Hugh's comment about playing different lineups and having a deep bench. - mainly where was Alyssa Goehner on Saturday.

Read more: http://volleytalk.proboards.com/thread/62986/minnesota-2016?page=33#ixzz4KvcDNLes

Here's the rundown:

Thanks for posting...

I wonder who the off screen questions were from. There were some remarkably bad ones:

"You've played 7 matches at home and two on the road...." - it's been 3 home & 6 road
"Does Penn State look as strong as they have...?" (And that's after a reference to the top three nationally being in the B1G.) - the top 3 are Nebraska, us, and Wisconsin
"You play a round robin, you play everyone twice..." - no, we only play 7 teams twice

And there was no follow up to Hugh's comment about playing different lineups and having a deep bench. - mainly where was Alyssa Goehner on Saturday.

Read more: http://volleytalk.proboards.com/thread/62986/minnesota-2016?page=33#ixzz4KvcDNLes

Then Maxie asked all the questions too. ;)

Here's the rundown:

Thanks for posting...

Yeah, that's not Mike Max asking any of those questions. It is someone else.

Remember that anything involving Mike Maxx must be first and foremost about Mike Maxx, no matter what the piece is supposed to be about.

Never understood how a man who cannot speak properly gets so much announcing work.

Remember that anything involving Mike Maxx must be first and foremost about Mike Maxx, no matter what the piece is supposed to be about.
I accidentally tuned in to him the other day as he was complaining (bragging?) about how he is the host AND producer of his show and how no one else in town could do that.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Maxx

Mike Maxx works hard at being the arrogant turd he always is at press conferences.
He revels in being said turd.

Mike Max has been an idiot for a long looonnnngggg time. Glad you're finally figuring that out.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm sure there must be some reason why this post is on the football board, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.

I'm sure there must be some reason why this post is on the football board, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet.
Minnesota volleyball players hike the ball before serving. [emoji458]

He asked the bulk of the questions, like he does at all the non revenue conferences.

No, he didn't. Mike Max didn't ask a single question in that volleyball video. If you're going to rip a guy, at least make sure you're ripping the right guy.

No, he didn't. Mike Max didn't ask a single question in that volleyball video. If you're going to rip a guy, at least make sure you're ripping the right guy.

You are one post away from being labeled his mother.

I'd like to point out before this gets moved that Mike Max and Idiot is repetitious. How he ever got and continues to have a job, as a sports reporter, is baffling to me. I sometimes wonder if, he 'knows were the bodies are buried', so to speak. I've loathed him for a long time.

You are one post away from being labeled his mother.

Look, I'm no big fan of Mike Max, either. If you want to rip him for how he does his job, rip away, I really don't care. But, let's at least be accurate in the ripping.

The OP starts a brand new, stand-alone thread on the football board with the title <b>"Mike Max - Idiot"</b>, calling out Max for misidentifying a player's name at a volleyball media briefing. When I point out to him that Mike Max isn't heard once in the video, he doubles down and says Max called Paige Tapp by the wrong name. I ask for clarification and he triples down and claims that Max asked all of those misinformed questions. Well, in fact, Max didn't ask any of those questions. His voice is not on the video.

So, I find it a bit ironic that the OP starts a thread calling a guy an idiot for misidentifying a player, when the thesis of OP's entire post is based on the OP misidentifying the guy he's trying to rip.

Really not a big deal either way, I do find it a tad humorous, though.

Ive heard enough gopher press conferences to know that was good ol' Ed from Rochester asking most of those questions (not the Tapp one)

Top Bottom