Migrant Caravan

Sportsfan24

Reaction score
Yes, he's trying to bully his way (again). But this tactic by the Dems seems more to humiliate him than for any other reason. Not that he doesn't deserve humiliation, but I stand by my point that the American people, essentially, voted for that wall in 2016, and, therefore, it should be provided.

That reason it (the wall isn’t built) hasn’t belongs solely to the GOP. The GOP is also responsible for attempting to destroy the ACA which is something the American people also want. See the trend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BarnBurner

Reaction score
I would agree but Trump is not asking for a “deal.” He agreed to one but then reneged. To me it’s really simple; Trump ran on and was elected based on building wall. Obama ran on and was elected...twice on the ACA (just not Obama care?) There is a deal to be made here folks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What has changed, specifically, since your hero's chuckie and the rest of the D rats shouted for the need for border security, a wall, and immigration reform?

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Thanks, but he's just an annoying, very low intelligence poster with no interesting personality traits who adds nothing of substance to the board, ever. Putting him on ignore was long overdue and I regret not making the effort to do so long ago.

Now if I could only get A master to keep his word. Mission accomplished.

Bad Gopher

A Loner, A Rebel
Reaction score
That reason it (the wall isn’t built) hasn’t belongs solely to the GOP. The GOP is also responsible for attempting to destroy the ACA which is something the American people also want. See the trend?

Exactly. If I'm not mistaken, the Republicans still controlled both houses in the lame duck session and could have funded a wall and averted the shutdown. There are two things going on here: 1) the wall is such a bad idea that even Republicans can't get behind the president on it, and 2) this is being played for theatrics. On the latter point, the Right has controlled the narrative so well on this that much of the public buys the ridiculous notion that the Democrats are the obstructing party. The Dems don't have enough power to obstruct anything, at least until the new Congress takes their seats.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
Exactly. If I'm not mistaken, the Republicans still controlled both houses in the lame duck session and could have funded a wall and averted the shutdown. There are two things going on here: 1) the wall is such a bad idea that even Republicans can't get behind the president on it, and 2) this is being played for theatrics. On the latter point, the Right has controlled the narrative so well on this that much of the public buys the ridiculous notion that the Democrats are the obstructing party. The Dems don't have enough power to obstruct anything, at least until the new Congress takes their seats.

Doesnt the senate need 60 votes to pass?

Sportsfan24

Reaction score

On that we agree. I have a plethora of reasons to have an ego. I’m successful, good looking, married to a beautiful woman, 4 absolutely great and successful in their own right kids, 2 beautiful and smart grand daughters. I’m absolutely the sh•t. What about you? What do you have going for yourself?

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
On that we agree. I have a plethora of reasons to have an ego. I’m successful, good looking, married to a beautiful woman, 4 absolutely great and successful in their own right kids, 2 beautiful and smart grand daughters. I’m absolutely the sh•t. What about you? What do you have going for yourself?

the only thing i can vet is that youre good looking

BarnBurner

Reaction score

#nohumilityonlyegofornoreason

#ifyouhavetosayityoudonthaveit

#wontaddresstherealissue

cncmin

Reaction score
good question. What happened to DACA? Wasnt Trump going to give that up? Unless the D's are only concerned about being obstructionists

You mean the DACA that Trump himself destroyed? I hardly think that using something he sabotaged will be the only bargaining chip im January 2019.

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
You mean the DACA that Trump himself destroyed? I hardly think that using something he sabotaged will be the only bargaining chip im January 2019.

why not? Sounds like a good negotiation tactic to me

cncmin

Reaction score

indeed. They had two years where all they had to do was give just enough to get 9 Dem Senators to sign on. They continued their no-deal politics and failed. The public is finally starting to catch on.

Last edited:

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score

What do you propose the Ds negotiate so the government can get back to functioning? There is no reason for this shutdown other than politicians not doing their jobs.

cncmin

Reaction score
What do you propose the Ds negotiate so the government can get back to functioning? There is no reason for this shutdown other than politicians not doing their jobs.

Getting back something that should not have been taken away is the minimum exchange. Pelosi is overplaying her hand, but she is still the one holding the trump cards here.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
Getting back something that should not have been taken away is the minimum exchange. Pelosi is overplaying her hand, but she is still the one holding the trump cards here.

Sure, so then why not do that? What are they negotiating?

cncmin

Reaction score
Sure, so then why not do that? What are they negotiating?

I think the problem is that no one is in town (and no votes can be taken). This problem will be worked on in January.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
I think the problem is that no one is in town (and no votes can be taken). This problem will be worked on in January.

Why didn't they do this before the shutdown while they were all in town?

cncmin

Reaction score
Why didn't they do this before the shutdown while they were all in town?

They did. The R’s and D’a passed the legislation. Doorknob said he’d sign it. They left town. Then Rush Limbaugh snapped his fingers and Dear Leader bowed to one of his many bosses, and here we are.

Sportsfan24

Reaction score

Agreed; til then as Trump initially stated, this is a Trump/GOP issue. Besides, “negotiating” isn’t give me what I want and you get nothing. Especially when “if I don’t you get all the blame.”

The GOP shouldn’t need the Dems. Because even some of them don’t agree with Trump, they do. They’re ideologues and haven’t actually governed that last decade.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
They did. The R’s and D’a passed the legislation. Doorknob said he’d sign it. They left town. Then Rush Limbaugh snapped his fingers and Dear Leader bowed to one of his many bosses, and here we are.

They didn't pass legislation including the border wall.

Top Bottom