mid major coaches > bo ryan

Go4

Reaction score
five straight years that mid-major coaches have bounced the regular season coaching supreme that is bo ryan.

Could that be because Bo's team is usually not that athletic? It seems like they beat teams in the Big Ten by being more fundamentally sound than other teams in the conference. They do all the little things that help them win close games: make free throws, low turnovers, get all the calls at home (sorry, couldn't resist that one). A mid major sees Wisconsin and they're not intimidated at all. Most mid majors who make the tournament (VCU notable exception) have a bunch of smart basketball players who may be limited athletically. They are not surprised by how Wisconsin plays and Wisconsin has a harder time out-executing another team that prides itself on execution. Just a theory, but that 0-5 stat is interesting.

EG, thats a really interesting theory and you have some pretty good points - I had never thought of that before

five straight years that mid-major coaches have bounced the regular season coaching supreme that is bo ryan.

4 straight years Tubby doesnt win an NCAA tournament game.

mid major coaches > Tubby

mid major coaches > Tubby

if? done deal. hilarious.

common sense > barn burner

barn burner = troll

And, 12 straight years that Monson hasn't won an NCAA game. But, then again, his teams have only been good enough once in those previous 12 years to even get a crack at winning an NCAA game, so I guess we cut him some slack.

And, 12 straight years that Monson hasn't won an NCAA game. But, then again, his teams have only been good enough once in those previous 12 years to even get a crack at winning an NCAA game, so I guess we cut him some slack.

Your hero the tubster isnt cutting it so you bash the old coach. Nice way to divert attention from the "run" your hero has achieved. Outstanding!!

Weak tj. Very, very weak.

I think it holds water for UNLV and Cornell. But Xavier and Butler are mid-majors in name only. They have more Sweet 16 runs in the last 7 years than any Big 10 team other than MSU and OSU if I were to guess. Davidson could go with UNLV and Cornell, but Curry was a special player. They are more like BYU this year, but probably better overall

He does struggle with mid-majors in the tourney, and your theory could be correct.

The guy is clearly a good coach. Getting the the Sweet 16 is hard to knock.

It will be interesting to see what he does next year without Taylor and Leuer. We say this every year, but next year they don't have a ton coming back. Bergen will be good.

The guy is clearly a good coach. Getting the the Sweet 16 is hard to knock.

It will be interesting to see what he does next year without Taylor and Leuer. We say this every year, but next year they don't have a ton coming back. Bergen will be good.

Is Taylor going pro? He's only a junior.

Go Gophers!!

Is Taylor going pro? He's only a junior.

I know he's not on any draft boards but it's not likely he'll have another year like this. You'd have to think he'll certainly test the waters.

I hope he does. GrinchNation would have such a severe meltdown..

Taylor may throw his name in but he is not going to hear anything great. I am a Badger fan and I love having him on the team. But he is short and struggles taking people off the dribble. If he can work on that over the summer and show that next season he could get drafted, but I dont see him getting drafted right now

Your hero the tubster isnt cutting it so you bash the old coach. Nice way to divert attention from the "run" your hero has achieved. Outstanding!!

Ok. Just so I have the chain of events correct here, you log onto the Gopher fan site, saying you're a Gopher fan, click on a thread intended to poke a little fun at our rival's talented coach, and reply with a chide remark about Tubby Smith the current coach of "your" team. I respond by pointing out your hero - Dan Monson - is even worse. And, then you call me weak. Yeah, that makes total sense. Well thought out. Bravo to you Burner.

Says the guy who changed the subject of this thread initially.

Top Bottom