Michigan fans think Gophers will be tough battle for Wolverines

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Per Joe:

The defending national champs are feeling good at 3-1 after defeating USC last Saturday. Their only loss is to national title contender Texas and they are favored by 9.5 points over the Gophers in Saturday's 11 a.m. CT kickoff at "The Big House."

Michigan has rushed for nearly 600 yards in the past two weeks and the Gophers just gave up 272 yards on the ground to Iowa. It's coming together like a recipe for a Minnesota disaster, but the tune in the Michigan Wolverines subReddit is one of caution.

"Feel like this is going to be one of those 30-14 games in which it feels closer than the score would indicate," one Reddit commenter wrote.

Another member of the group wants to see Michigan try to open up its passing game against a "weaker" opponent: "I hope they test out more passing. A game against a weaker opponent is the perfect time to test that. Obviously, with a very short leash [because] you don't want it to cost them the game."

"Minnesota will play us tough," another person wrote. "This will be a good game for [quarterback Alex Orji] to try to get a game feel for throwing the ball. We need to find a WR he has a connection with. We only need one and the offense will open up."

Go Gophers!!

If they only knew! PJ has never upset anyone with an inferior team. That sucks, I’d love to see them be close and play tough, but I just don’t think an inferior PJ team has that in them. (As much as that pains me to say about my favorite team)

I'm just hoping it's not a repeat of last year when Kaliakmanis started the game throwing a pick six on the way to a 52-10 rubbing.

I'm just hoping it's not a repeat of last year when Kaliakmanis started the game throwing a pick six on the way to a 52-10 rubbing.
With an offensive line that has regressed. A defense that looks the same as the not-good one last year, and things on offense are so bad, we appear to have changed our offensive identity after the season started, it ain't looking good.

Even though Michigan is down, it's unlikely we'll beat them. That said, we've beaten them on the road more than at home lately, so there is hope?

I just hope PJ gives it a try instead of turtling without even trying to pull off the upset. He's done that much more often than pulled off an upset.

This guy Orgy, threw about half a pass last week. That means he throws for 300 and 3 TD's this week. Which opens up their run game which needs no opening up for another 250.

This is a bad matchup for the Gophers and I bet on the other team. The Gophers will do better against passing teams, and Michigan can turtle up and run it 80% of the time and use QB runs too.

I think Minnesota upsets USC but gets wiped by Michigan.

I hope I'm wrong.

This is a bad matchup for the Gophers and I bet on the other team. The Gophers will do better against passing teams, and Michigan can turtle up and run it 80% of the time and use QB runs too.

I think Minnesota upsets USC but gets wiped by Michigan.

I hope I'm wrong.
You mean half wrong...

My recollection is one of shock when our team hit the field in 2020 against Michigan with the entire kicking-punting team sidelined with covid. It was not pretty with Michigan winning 49-24. This score looks closer than it was.

That's my baseline for this one. I figure I will be pleased around 2:30 Saturday afternoon with this as my marker.

If they only knew! PJ has never upset anyone with an inferior team. That sucks, I’d love to see them be close and play tough, but I just don’t think an inferior PJ team has that in them. (As much as that pains me to say about my favorite team)
In fairness, this isn't true. I'm frustrated with him, but he has a couple upsets in there. Penn St is a prominent one.... let me get back to you on the second one.

Top Bottom