Miami RB favors Minnesota over Duke and Iowa

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this update from SuperPrep.com:

DeAndre Johnson is a talented running back prospect from Miami's Pace High and Scout caught up with him to discuss the latest on the recruiting front.

DeAndre Johnson is one of the top running back prospects in Miami this year and he talked about the start to his senior season.
"We won against Cypress Bay on Thursday. I only played through the second quarter. I had about 50-something yards on six carries. We got Miramar this week."

Johnson, 5-foot-8 and 195 pounds, talked about the latest on recruiting.

"Coaches are still talking, still e-mailing, and things like that. I'm taking an official visit to Iowa on September 18th."

So who has the edge right now for the standout senior?

"Right now, I'd put Minnesota on top, then Iowa, then Duke," he said. "I like Minnesota the best because I had a chance to go up there this summer. I liked the atmosphere. The coaches were cool. I know some players there now so that's cool."

Johnson, who finished his junior season with 1,121 yards and 10 scores, claims a 3.5 GPA and a 920 SAT score.

http://minnesota.scout.com/a.z?s=176&p=2&c=893410

Go Gophers!!

Nice to see a recruit who's talented on the field and off the field. Takes that whole "unable to qualify" mess out of the equation.

Top Bottom