Miami Central on TV

MaxyJR1

Reaction score
Want to see some future #Gophers? Check out FSFlorida (DirecTV 654) @ noon - Miami Central, with 4 Minn commits, is playing for state title.

Watching the game in Tallahassee on cable. Miami Central is a very undisciplined team (averaging 9 penalties per game). Have self destructed in first quarter. Two interceptions returned for TDs by Armwood. Trail 16-0 after 1st quarter. Only one of M4 is starting, Hinojosa. Nicholson, Ballesteros, and Hinds did not start. Have only seen Ballesteros on special teams.

Well that can't be good. How can they not be starting for their HS team, if they are going to play Div. 1? Injuries, discipline issues? Anyone know?

Watching the game in Tallahassee on cable. Miami Central is a very undisciplined team (averaging 9 penalties per game). Have self destructed in first quarter. Two interceptions returned for TDs by Armwood. Trail 16-0 after 1st quarter. Only one of M4 is starting, Hinojosa. Nicholson, Ballesteros, and Hinds did not start. Have only seen Ballesteros on special teams.

Yikes... I wonder if they still have their offers; of the four, I believe Hinojosa was the only one to visit last weekend. Maybe we keep having visitors because we've got more scholarships available than most of us thought (3+?).

Well that can't be good. How can they not be starting for their HS team, if they are going to play Div. 1? Injuries, discipline issues? Anyone know?

That might be the reason only Hinojosa was visiting last weekend. Central has rallied to score 14 in second quarter. Score is 16-14 with 2 minutes remaining in 1st half.

Central trailing Armwood 16-14 at the half. IMO the Miami 4 is now the Miami 0. Only Hinojosa has played and has had no impact on the game. Seems slow and does not have the quickness and footwork to gain any penetration. Armwood's OLine has completely neutralized him. In his defense Armwood's OLine has 3 D1 commits. Still no appearance of Hinds or Nicholson. Only saw Ballesteros on one special teams play. He was in on the tackle.

I thought it odd that only one of them visited last weekend. I'd be careful not to judge on one game too much.

Hinojosa out on third play of second half with leg cramp. Armwood scored on fumble recovery and TD pass. Now lead 23-14.

Central returns kickoff 100 yards for touchdown. Armwood leads 23-21.

Was it Hinds? (kidding)

If you look up Central's stats for the season Hinds has 2 receptions with 1 TD. There's a lot of good football players on the field, just not our four. Hinojosa still out with cramps.

If you look up Central's stats for the season Hinds has 2 receptions with 1 TD. There's a lot of good fotball players on the field, just not our four. Hinijosa still out with cramps.

I don't know his stats, but I know many who have been following MC closely have posted on here saying he doesn't even play. That's why I said "kidding".

Armwood scores with 1:41 left in 3rd quarter. now lead Central 30-21.

If you look up Central's stats for the season Hinds has 2 receptions with 1 TD. There's a lot of good football players on the field, just not our four. Hinojosa still out with cramps.

Hinosjosa is good.

Hinosjosa is good.

He may be good, but he hasn't made any notable plays. I did say above he is playing against 3 D1 commits on Armwood's OLine. That being said, he doesn't look like a gamechanging DT.

Central makes fieldgoal with 8:05 remaining and still trails 30-24.

Central trailing Armwood 16-14 at the half. IMO the Miami 4 is now the Miami 0. Only Hinojosa has played and has had no impact on the game.

Over react much? Hinojosa is getting calls from Miami right now and was raved about at the S FL all star game, let's be glad we got him. It was one game and obviously he's been dealing with leg cramps all day.

Kill said our "commit" list is wrong, plus Hino came by himself. I'm still thinking there are other issues with Nicholson as he also played in S FL all star game.

80 yard touchdown pass first play after kickoff for Armwood. Armwood leads Central 37-24.

It is possible that some of the players are not playing due to injury. Any player, with adequate size, that makes the So. FL Allstar Game is a Div 1 player.

Over react much? Hinojosa is getting calls from Miami right now and was raved about at the S FL all star game, let's be glad we got him. It was one game and obviously he's been dealing with leg cramps all day.

Kill said our "commit" list is wrong, plus Hino came by himself. I'm still thinking there are other issues with Nicholson as he also played in S FL all star game.

I hope you're correct. I'm only reporting what I am seeing in today's game and that isn't good. Hinojosa's replacement in the second half has been creationg more havoc on the line of scrammage than Hinojosa did.

Central scores with 5:01 remaining. Now trails 37-31.

I read somewhere when Nicholsen committed he was the 15th ranked player in South Florida he must be hurt.

Hinojosa back in game but is noticeably limping. Left after one play.

Cetral trails by 6 with 1:52 remaining. has ball on their 30.

I know there is only a minute left but here's what Rivals has for the Central roster: (I wish that Joyner kid wasn't a West Virginia commit)

DB Donaldven Manning Miami, Florida
Miami Central
5'11" 176 4.6
4 stars
5.8 23
Virginia Tech

LB Errol Clarke Miami, Florida
Miami Central
6'2" 205 N/A
3 stars
5.6 65
Cincinnati

TE Samad Hinds Miami, Florida
Miami Central
6'5" 210 N/A
2 stars
5.4 N/A
Minnesota

DT Jordan Hinojosa Miami, Florida
Miami Central
6'3" 285 N/A
3 stars
5.5 N/A
Minnesota

LB Josh Ballesteros Miami, Florida
Miami Central
6'1" 237 N/A
2 stars
5.4 N/A
Minnesota

WR Darreal Joyner Miami, Florida
Miami Central
5'10" 181 N/A
3 stars
5.6 N/A
West Virginia
QB Austin Stock Miami, Florida
Miami Central
6'2" 215 N/A N/A N/A

LB Brian Nicholson Miami, Florida
Miami Central
6'1" 221 4.6
3 stars
5.6 N/A
Minnesota

Armwood fieldgoal with 35 seconds remaining. Armwood leads 40-31. Game over. Given the way the game went it appears that only one of the M4 remains in contention for a MN offer. Jordan Hinojosa played a rather bland first half and left after one play in the second half with leg cramps. Only had one play after that. I'm not a qualified player scout, but I saw nothing in his play in the first half that makes him a sure thing to play for the Gophers. He was playing against some very good competition, however. Just my humble opinion. That and 75 cents will get you a cup of cheap coffee.

If I remember right, Nicholson was supposedly a very good football player but had some serious academic red flags. Until the other guys even visit, I will not regard them as commits because I think there are some serious flaws in our "commit lists".

If I remember right, Nicholson was supposedly a very good football player but had some serious academic red flags. Until the other guys even visit, I will not regard them as commits because I think there are some serious flaws in our "commit lists".

When he committed he was a top 15 Recruit in South Florida.

Sonny, as always I respect your opinion. I believe Hinojosa, is the one kid who will have to bite the bullet and play for the M&G as a true freshman. I see building block.

Tom Lemming this morning on Sirus radio/ Chicago

Gave an overview of Big Ten recruiting. He bunched Minnesota in with Purdue and Indiana. He said best recruits are from Minnesota. Nelson being the best of them. He went on to say the on the national scale that our recruiting was based on under the radar kids. He said Harbison was our best national recruit. That was pretty much it. He spent most of the show talking about Urban Meyer coming in and already getting top recruits to switch. He also mentioned that Iowa and Wisconsin are on there way to putting together Top 25 classes for his year end Tom Lemming Report.

ruppertflywheel said:
Gave an overview of Big Ten recruiting. He bunched Minnesota in with Purdue and Indiana. He said best recruits are from Minnesota. Nelson being the best of them. He went on to say the on the national scale that our recruiting was based on under the radar kids. He said Harbison was our best national recruit. That was pretty much it. He spent most of the show talking about Urban Meyer coming in and already getting top recruits to switch. He also mentioned that Iowa and Wisconsin are on there way to putting together Top 25 classes for his year end Tom Lemming Report.

What's going on? I thought out recruiting was going really well.

Top Bottom