Miami Central 4=Skyline 4?

btowngopher

Reaction score
Over on FBT there's a good article about Kill's recruiting down in Miami. Ballesteros and Hinds are both from Miami Central. OLB Brian Nicholson is transferring there this year and is rumored to be committed to the gophers although it hasn't been officially confirmed. DE/DT Jordan Hinojosa is the 4th Central player that may come on board, he has offers from Wake Forest and Michigan State, but has the Gophers as his favorite.

This would be very good news if true. I think many of us give credit to Coach Kill for knowing how to coach. The biggest question many of us had about him was recruiting Ca., Tx., and Florida. Come February if he has most of these players signed it will erase many questions about how he can recruit. Oh wait. We have to wait until these kids are Jrs. and Srs. to see if they are going to be any good.

Looks like the Central 4 is going to happen. Hopefully Kill will be able to tap back into Central in the future as it is typically loaded with D1 talent (Willis McGahee and Najeh Davenport to name a couple recent alums) much like Skyline. Unfortunately Brewster was never able to tap back into Skyline, he did get Mike Moore in his last season, but he decomitted after Brew was fired.

Unfortunately Brewster was never able to tap back into Skyline

There may not have been a lot more from Skyline recently, but appreciate the contributions of Keanon Cooper, Spencer Reeves, Troy Stoudemire and Da'Jon McKnight.

And keep in mind that the leaving of Brew does not close that pipeline either. It could be that Kill and company just have not reopened that tap...yet.

There may not have been a lot more from Skyline recently, but appreciate the contributions of Keanon Cooper, Spencer Reeves, Troy Stoudemire and Da'Jon McKnight.

And keep in mind that the leaving of Brew does not close that pipeline either. It could be that Kill and company just have not reopened that tap...yet.

There hasn't been ANY more from Skyline since those 4 was my point. Brew picked up a verbal from Mike Moore from Skyline the year he was fired, but he ended up signing with KSU if I remember right.

Top Bottom