Metro vs Outstate game.

lakesbison

Banned
Reaction score
I didnt see anything on here, but here goes.

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20100627/SPORTS03/106270040/1002/SPORTS

MN Metro v Outstate game:

Metro 28 Outstate 0

I might have missed a minnesota recruit, but.
Seantrel Henderson(USC), Beau Allen(wisconsin),Lamonte Edwards(minnesota), Jimmy Gjere(minnesota), AJ Tarpley(stanford),JD Pride(minnesota), Tobi Okuyemi(nebraska), Evan Willimas(wyoming), Mark Alt(minnesota hockey) all did not play or attend.

Can anyone explain why these prima donna's are above playing this game?

NDSU's John Crockett ran 10 times for 82 yards and a TD to lead the metro team in yardage and yards per carry.

NDSU's Carlton Littlejohn was named defensive MVP for intercepting at least two passes (one for a touchdown.)

NDSU's Zach Vraa led the metro team's receivers (they only completed 9 passes and he caught 2 for 28 yards.)

They are not above playing in the game dumbass. FBS recruits usually don't play in that. And the metro still whoops up on those crappy outstate players.For anyone who tries to argue that just as many good players come from outstate schools, look no further than this.
________
Michigan dispensaries

thats not an answer, why arent the best in the state playing in this, thats what im asking, and Im assuming my answer until someone on here proves me otherwise.

Pretty simple...they have a legitimate shot of contributing at their FBS schools this fall and don't want to risk injury. I would bet their coaches probably discourage these games as well.

thats not an answer, why arent the best in the state playing in this, thats what im asking, and Im assuming my answer until someone on here proves me otherwise.

Risk is greater than reward. You play and don't get injured, good for you! You just played in a game that matters very little. You play and get injured, good for you! You just lost your shot at a free ride in college and possibly a chance at the NFL.

The majority of the top talent in the state is always going to come from the Metro. There's still plenty of talent outstate. You've got the best Gophers WR of all-time in Decker and the only LB Mason ever had drafted in Triplett. Not to mention the Gophers are going to have a captain for the 2nd time in three years from GSL (VanDeSteeg and Hoese).

The question isn't why aren't those players who have signed with major schools playing in this game.

The question is why are these players who have signed with lower-tier schools playing in this game? This game doesn't mean anything, an injury in this game could put an end to 4 years of free college. But it's the same risk for the players who have signed with lower-tier schools, they have as much to lose from any injury as do the players who go to the higher-tier schools.

Maybe the players who signed with lower tier schools play in this game do so because they are hoping that scouts will see them, and they might be able to get an offer from a better school.

Risk of losing the Scollie is why they don't play. Nothing to do with prima donna syndrome. Many D-2 scholarship signees don't play either.

This is the game that Everette Pedescleaux tore his ACL in.

Metro now leads series 16-15. What a joke those outstate players are!

All of these kids graduated from high school weeks ago, and ended football season last November. Why would any of them care about this game? Maybe if they moved it to a few weeks after the prep bowl they could get more interest but I'm guessing a lot of the prima donnas are already on campus at their new school or have started their summer workouts. An all-star football game at the end of June is just stupid.

All of these kids graduated from high school weeks ago, and ended football season last November. Why would any of them care about this game? Maybe if they moved it to a few weeks after the prep bowl they could get more interest but I'm guessing a lot of the prima donnas are already on campus at their new school or have started their summer workouts. An all-star football game at the end of June is just stupid.

Makes sense, football season is long over, it's a terrible time for a game. Players are just now starting to get really serious about getting ready for the fall. It's a game for marginal players to get some time in front of college scouts. If you couldn't even get a D-II scholarship offer, playing in this game is a no-brainer, it might land you a scholarship or at least a preferred walk on somewhere.

Play the game before National LOI day, and you will get a LOT more participation.

.... And the metro still whoops up on those crappy outstate players.For anyone who tries to argue that just as many good players come from outstate schools, look no further than this....

You may be correct about quantity (maybe not), but not quality.

Exhibit A: Darrell Thompson, Eric Decker, Willie Vandesteeg.
Exhibit B: Cory Sauter, Nathan Swift, Lydon Murtha, Karl Klug

Zach Vraa - Is he that wideout from Rosemount?

Do you think we've got any shot at landing him?

The Metro/Outstate game is about as important as basketball's Pulley League. ... not at all.

I'm glad they didn't play. I'd personally be pissed if Edwards or Gjere got hurt playing in this game and had to miss the season. Why do you want them to play? If you really wanted to see them play you could have attended one of their games or caught the Woodbury vs. CDH game on FSN this past season.

And if they did play and get hurt, I guarantee that the smack talkers would be celebrating, and they would call them prima donnas for playing in this game.

all star games

I believe that HS players can only play in 1 all star game. I remember in the past, some that played in the Army HS game could not play in the MN game. Maybe this has changed, I am not sure.

MOst of those players are already on campus working out with their new teams. Do you think they are going to leave the controlled workouts of their new teams to go risk injury in an all-star game? Is AJ Tarpley going to fly back to Minnesota for this game? You're crazy if you think Brewster is going to let Gjere leave Mark Hill's supervision in the weight room to go play this game.

MOst of those players are already on campus working out with their new teams. Do you think they are going to leave the controlled workouts of their new teams to go risk injury in an all-star game? Is AJ Tarpley going to fly back to Minnesota for this game? You're crazy if you think Brewster is going to let Gjere leave Mark Hill's supervision in the weight room to go play this game.

Look at the original poster.....I think he fits the technical definition of crazy....

nice try, but my post has triggered good discussion.

i agree, have it in metrodome over Xmas break!

Top Bottom