Memphis boosters seem to be very involved in the hiring of their new coach

I could see Kennedy bolting only because Ole Miss is a basketball wasteland. I hear though they're building new facilities, but Memphis may be a bit more attractive than Ole Miss. At least he'd be able to win the league title. I don't see that happening in the SEC for him anytime soon.

Here we go again. :rolleyes: I have been listening to Memphis sports radio the last couple of days just to listen to their reaction to losing Calipari to UK. They just had a guy on that said Memphis should seriously look at Tubby Smith to coach the Tigers. I almost laughed out loud when he stated in all seriousness that the Memphis job is clearly superior to Minnesota.

Memphis looked a lot more attractive when Calipari took over the team and C-USA was a good to very good BB conference that included teams like Cincinnati, Louisville and Marquette. Now it is Memphis and the 11 dwarfs. I think Memphis will have a tough time continuing the success they had under Calipari. Unless Memphis can move into a bigger conference, they very easily could sink into mid-major oblivion, IMHO.

Here we go again. :rolleyes: I have been listening to Memphis sports radio the last couple of days just to listen to their reaction to losing Calipari to UK. They just had a guy on that said Memphis should seriously look at Tubby Smith to coach the Tigers. I almost laughed out loud when he stated in all seriousness that the Memphis job is clearly superior to Minnesota.

Memphis looked a lot more attractive when Calipari took over the team and C-USA was a good to very good BB conference that included teams like Cincinnati, Louisville and Marquette. Now it is Memphis and the 11 dwarfs. I think Memphis will have a tough time continuing the success they had under Calipari. Unless Memphis can move into a bigger conference, they very easily could sink into mid-major oblivion, IMHO.

Something tells me that Tubby may have slammed the door shut on any inquiries for the rest of this year at least. Don't quote me as a source or anything because it's more of a feeling than anything else, but after the whole Virginia situation, it seems most other big schools are turning their searches in different directions for a reason at this time.

Top Bottom