Meet the new Freshman - Tori & McKenna

Exactly, if it was properly managed and smart and reasonable rules were setup around the process and its administration. Thanks NCAA.
The NCAA can’t do anything about it. They tried.

The NCAA can’t do anything about it. They tried.
I guess I completely disagree. What the NCAA chose to do is fight the inevitable. They chose to fight this tooth and nail in the courts and like everyone had been saying would happen they lost. At that point, they were then left completely flat-footed and had no plan whatsoever. So, courts force the implementation and we have NIL with no guardrails or process. Then after the fact they try to reel things in after the process is running wild and it was too late. If they had been smart, instead of wasting all that time in court they could have pulled various parties together to come up with a much smarter and long term more viable NIL solution for college sports. Letting it get to the point where a judge is deciding how college sports should be run was their failure.

I guess I completely disagree. What the NCAA chose to do is fight the inevitable. They chose to fight this tooth and nail in the courts and like everyone had been saying would happen they lost. At that point, they were then left completely flat-footed and had no plan whatsoever. So, courts force the implementation and we have NIL with no guardrails or process. Then after the fact they try to reel things in after the process is running wild and it was too late. If they had been smart, instead of wasting all that time in court they could have pulled various parties together to come up with a much smarter and long term more viable NIL solution for college sports. Letting it get to the point where a judge is deciding how college sports should be run was their failure.
I think the courts were always going to decide it. Even now the NCAA realizes no limits and transferring are going to be upheld. What’s the point of fighting this?

That is an accurate description of the incompetence of the NCAA. I have lost interest in college sports a because of it.

Top Bottom