Meet Jacob Knuth, the Gophers’ quarterback commit in the 2022 recruiting class

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Greder:

Iowa offered a ride three days later, then Kansas State. Northwestern and Syracuse were among others showing interest. But it was the bond Knuth formed with Sanford, head coach P.J. Fleck and a recommendation from current Gophers quarterback Tanner Morgan that sealed Knuth’s pledge.

“They really did their research on me and I really made a strong relationship really quickly,” he said. “… I spent a lot of hours on FaceTime and Zoom in those couple of weeks before I made a decision to commit. It was really an opportunity I really couldn’t let pass. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if the opportunity got away from me, if someone else had committed.”

Go Gophers!!

Love this quote from the article -- never value the "participation pin" -- if you don't win out, you lost.

“I remember it like was yesterday,” Knuth said. “Standing there on the field watching them get the championship trophy and we had to go collect the runner-up medals or whatever they were. It was a feeling that I never want to feel again, and I don’t plan on feeling that again.
-- Jacob Knuth

Seems like a great pickup. Love that we got in early on him and that he seems very committed to being a Gopher even though other schools have taken notice of him. Hopefully he has some nice connections that he can help get to the U.

Always important to get a QB every year if possible and he seems like he could end up being a good one for us at some point.

Was there ever a more Minnesotan-sounding name than Jacob Knuth?

Reminds me of the old Prairie Home Companion bit, 'The Sons of Knute'.

Top Bottom