Media to report that Tubby and Izzo "consulting" for Flip and the Wizards?!

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Sorry Doogie, had to yank your chain a bit:

"The one thing I've noticed about these practices -- at least from what I've seen -- is that they are relatively quiet, with Coach Flip Saunders and his staff focusing on teaching and fundamentals. After Michigan State Coach Tom Izzo sat in on practices on Tuesday, Minnesota Golden Gophers Coach Tubby Smith -- who coached Saunders's son, Ryan -- looked over the workout on Wednesday. After practice, Smith, who won the national championship at Kentucky in 1998, went over to greet Wildcat alum and No. 1 overall pick Wall."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/09/flip-saunders-ready-to-zone-ou.html

Go Gophers!!

Sorry Doogie, had to yank your chain a bit:

"The one thing I've noticed about these practices -- at least from what I've seen -- is that they are relatively quiet, with Coach Flip Saunders and his staff focusing on teaching and fundamentals. After Michigan State Coach Tom Izzo sat in on practices on Tuesday, Minnesota Golden Gophers Coach Tubby Smith -- who coached Saunders's son, Ryan -- looked over the workout on Wednesday. After practice, Smith, who won the national championship at Kentucky in 1998, went over to greet Wildcat alum and No. 1 overall pick Wall."

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wizardsinsider/2010/09/flip-saunders-ready-to-zone-ou.html

Go Gophers!!

It clearly goes beyond consulting Bleed. Tubby is obviously looking to take another job (probably MSU as Izzo, who was with him and will bolt now to escape the scandal and probably end up coaching the Wizzards), and is observing Flip, who he knows will be his likely successor. He's pleased that Flip is also focusing on the fundamentals and it will be a smooth transition. This is a dead giveaway. I can see the KSTP blog post now. 'Tubby-involved in massive game of coaching musical chairs-to bolt the U.'

It clearly goes beyond consulting Bleed. Tubby is obviously looking to take another job (probably MSU as Izzo, who was with him and will bolt now to escape the scandal), and is observing Flip, who he knows will be his likely successor. He's pleased that Flip is also focusing on the fundamentals and it will be a smooth transition. This is a dead giveaway. I can see the KSTP blog post now. :D

Souhan's on it.

Top Bottom