Media Prediction Thread: Purdue at Minnestoa

BleedGopher

Reaction score
CFN is first out of the gate:

What’s Going To Happen
Can Minnesota avoid making a whole slew of mistakes?

Purdue has been strong in turnover margin so far, and Minnesota has turned it over twice in three of the four games. In this, though, the Gopher offensive line will catch a bit of a break with no Purdue pass rush to worry about.

Minnesota is way, way, way overdue for a good performance against a decent team. Purdue doesn’t have the running game to take advantage of the soft Gopher defensive front.

Purdue vs Minnesota Prediction
Minnesota 27, Purdue 23

Go Gophers!!

YAY! I feel like we've already won.

CFN is first out of the gate:

What’s Going To Happen
Can Minnesota avoid making a whole slew of mistakes?

Purdue has been strong in turnover margin so far, and Minnesota has turned it over twice in three of the four games. In this, though, the Gopher offensive line will catch a bit of a break with no Purdue pass rush to worry about.

Minnesota is way, way, way overdue for a good performance against a decent team. Purdue doesn’t have the running game to take advantage of the soft Gopher defensive front.

Purdue vs Minnesota Prediction
Minnesota 27, Purdue 23

Go Gophers!!
Oh please let this be true...if for no other reason than to bring back certain GH'ers from the ledge. This board is near unreadable after a loss. I had to stay away all of last weekend.

Athlon chimes in:

Final Analysis

Minnesota has the talent at the skill positions to compete with anyone in the Big Ten West. Their problems seem to stem from a lack of both timing and adequate play in the trenches on both sides of the ball. Ideally, Purdue would be the type of game where the Gophers could work out the kinks and get right for the rest of the year. The problem is, these Boilermakers are one score away from being 3-0, and believe that they still have a shot at winning the division. Motivation is still on Purdue's side in this one. I believe you'll see a conservative game plan from head coach Jeff Brohm, knowing that Minnesota is pressing. I see Purdue sticking to what it does best, not getting too crazy, and waiting for Minnesota to make the type of mistakes that lose football games. Look for Boilermakers running back Zander Horvath to turn in his best performance of the season en route to a sound road win.

Prediction: Purdue 30, Minnesota 20

Go Gophers!!

All I care about is Dan Barreiro's prediction.

Top Bottom