Media Prediction Thread: Minnesota at Maryland

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Campus Insider is first out of the gate:

Maryland vs. Minnesota Prediction

Hills gets the Terps’ offense back on track by throwing and running for a touchdown. Maryland picks off Leidner twice – including on the game’s final drive – to pull out a close win.

Maryland vs. Minnesota final score prediction: Maryland 31, Minnesota 27

https://campusinsiders.com/news/maryland-vs-minnesota-prediction-game-preview-10-10-2016/

Go Gophers!!

Campus Insider is first out of the gate:

Maryland vs. Minnesota Prediction

Hills gets the Terps’ offense back on track by throwing and running for a touchdown. Maryland picks off Leidner twice – including on the game’s final drive – to pull out a close win.

Maryland vs. Minnesota final score prediction: Maryland 31, Minnesota 27

https://campusinsiders.com/news/maryland-vs-minnesota-prediction-game-preview-10-10-2016/

Go Gophers!!

How about the Gophers will not need to pass with 400 plus yards rushing and two picks of their own and a defensive touchdown.

I think we beat Maryland. If not, we're in trouble. Rutgers, Purdue and Illinois should also be winnable games, though either Purdue or Illinois could be more trouble than expected.

Athlon chimes in:

Final Analysis

Maryland is coming in off a disappointing road loss, while Minnesota has to travel to an unfamiliar stadium after two close losses and will be without its senior quarterback. The Terrapins looked impressive to start the season and will try to get back to the formula that helped them jump out to a 4-0 start. Expect to see Maryland lean heavily on the run in an effort to dictate tempo and game flow and also get back to being the more physical team on both sides of the ball. The Golden Gophers’ issues at quarterback will be too much to overcome, as the Terrapins wear down their visitors, regain their swagger and get one step closer to bowl eligibility.

Prediction: Maryland 28, Minnesota 13

http://athlonsports.com/college-foo...aryland-terrapins-preview-and-prediction-2016

Go Gophers!!

Athlon chimes in:

Final Analysis

Maryland is coming in off a disappointing road loss, while Minnesota has to travel to an unfamiliar stadium after two close losses and will be without its senior quarterback. The Terrapins looked impressive to start the season and will try to get back to the formula that helped them jump out to a 4-0 start. Expect to see Maryland lean heavily on the run in an effort to dictate tempo and game flow and also get back to being the more physical team on both sides of the ball. The Golden Gophers’ issues at quarterback will be too much to overcome, as the Terrapins wear down their visitors, regain their swagger and get one step closer to bowl eligibility.

http://athlonsports.com/college-foo...aryland-terrapins-preview-and-prediction-2016

Go Gophers!!

I'm feeling a little better now.

Athlon chimes in:

Final Analysis

Go Gophers!!

Unfamiliar stadium.... hell we could get lost!

With Rhoda, this should be a really interesting game. I'm pumped up for it, hoping he can handle the play/action and Smith/Brooks have a good time. I'm actually more interested with Leidner out, to see how the Gophers meet this challenge. Having attended Maryland provides a little more excitement, too.

Unfamiliar stadium.... hell we could get lost!

Man I just hope the goalposts are where they are supposed to be otherwise our guys will have no shot. I get bringing up the stadium when you are going to one of the large venues where crowd noise can be a major issue but thinking an "unfamiliar" stadium is probably not going to be that big a factor in the outcome.

Man I just hope the goalposts are where they are supposed to be otherwise our guys will have no shot. I get bringing up the stadium when you are going to one of the large venues where crowd noise can be a major issue but thinking an "unfamiliar" stadium is probably not going to be that big a factor in the outcome.

God knows what could be out there....TalsHill.jpg

Unrelated to football but it still amazes me that a major league team is allowed to have a friggin hill and flagpole in their outfield in fair territory.

If it was some old baseball stadium and had something weird, nobody would question it, but no it was just done stupidly.

God knows what could be out there....View attachment 4459

I hate that stupid thing. Not from a baseball standpoint. From a standpoint of having my wife ask me why there's a hill in the field of play. Which always leads to another line of questioning about why baseball stadiums don't all have the same dimensions. I don't know. Go back to your Candy Crush or whatever you're playing on your phone.

I hate that stupid thing. Not from a baseball standpoint. From a standpoint of having my wife ask me why there's a hill in the field of play. Which always leads to another line of questioning about why baseball stadiums don't all have the same dimensions. I don't know. Go back to your Candy Crush or whatever you're playing on your phone.

I'm sure that response ends well for you.

Hilarious. My wife has asked the exact same thing on multiple occasions.

Hahaha great post lol.

Shama chimes in:

The outcome tomorrow could be decided by two mystery quarterbacks and by the team most determined to win coming off of disappointing early season Big Ten losses. Pigrome has yet to start a game but has played in all five games for the Terps and already shown playmaking skills. Rhoda is a lunch-bucket sub from Eagan who finally gets his big chance tomorrow.

Rhoda and the Gophers are the better script. I am going with Minnesota over the Terps, 27-24.

http://shamasportsheadliners.com/

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom