Travis Wear
Xavier Henry
Keith “Tiny” Gallon
Dante Taylor
Wally Judge
DeMarcus Cousins
Dexter Strickland
John Henson

This is 17 of the 24, so we still have hope that Royce gets in...

Some cool names there led by "Tiny" Gallon and Wally Judge.

If White is not selected, it will be a blessing. The expectations are already way out of whack for this kid. If he is a McDonald's all american, they go up ten fold. There are 24 McDonald's all americans and everyone thinks the one on their team should be a first team all american. Do the math.

I think the process is flawed......

if he makes it!

Here is a kid who was EXPELLED from his previous high school, and citizenship issues should count for something in an "All American," selection.

His transgression, (alledgedly cheating on an exam) is not nearly as offensive as criminal behavior, but it should count against him for this honor.

Perhaps missing out on this significant award can reinforce the lessons we hope he absorbs before he arrives on campus.

If White is not selected, it will be a blessing. The expectations are already way out of whack for this kid. If he is a McDonald's all american, they go up ten fold. There are 24 McDonald's all americans and everyone thinks the one on their team should be a first team all american. Do the math.

How about this Math, Rivals has him rated as the #19 overall player in the country and the #2 small forward. 19<24.

if he makes it!

Here is a kid who was EXPELLED from his previous high school, and citizenship issues should count for something in an "All American," selection.

His transgression, (alledgedly cheating on an exam) is not nearly as offensive as criminal behavior, but it should count against him for this honor.

Perhaps missing out on this significant award can reinforce the lessons we hope he absorbs before he arrives on campus.

Really? Can you honestly say you've never cheated on a test before? How bout the rest of the McDonalds All-American roster...do you think none of them have cheated on a test before? I'm fully aware of the things Royce has done, but honestly I don't think it's that big of a deal. All I see is a nice kid who happens to be extremely talented AND plays with passion and is extremely competetive..sounds like something we need. Talent wise he deserves to be selected, stats wise maybe not...you can argue which is more important....but in terms of his "past" I think we should all back off a little and leave it as just that...the past.

if he makes it!

Get a life, kids make mistakes and can grow from them.

Can he play in the McDonald's game? I know he's already been selected for the Jordan game so i'm curious if he can play in both. I'm not sure if it's like football where they can only play in one of the games.

What I want is for Royce........

to get a life.

He has an awesome opportunity before him. One that is in no way diminshed if he doesn't make the McDonald's squad. I'm not rooting for him not be named, but if the criteria includes schloastic factors, (and I have no idea if they do) I can understand why he would be passed by.

Here is a kid who was EXPELLED from his previous high school...His transgression, (alledgedly cheating on an exam)... per leftyslefty

self-right-eous
–adjective = smugly moralistic and intolerant of the opinions and behavior of others. (from Webster's Dictionary)

leftyslefty is not necessarily wrong but he is either a self righteous hypocrite or someone who never in his life peeked at somebody else’s paper, copied something from the encyclopedia without giving it credit or expressed an idea he heard somewhere as his own.

He is talking about a 16 year old child (when the alleged crime took place) and mr. leftylefty wants the kid to have a giant "C for cheater” branded into his forehead or so it would appear.

JMO

It wasn't just cheating

Wow, what was it then, armed robbery, drugs, sassing, eye rolling, disrespecting a foul mouthed coach?

You’re implying that it was WORSE than just cheating. Maybe you should write a letter to Coach Smith and fill him in so he knows what kind of person he recruited. Or is innuendo on a message board enough for you?

It wasn't just cheating.

Care to elaborate? Or is the ambiguity in your statement purposely there because you don't know the whole truth?

I'm not a rumor monger. I do know that if he cheated once he wouldn't have gotten kicked out of school.

Lighten up though. I'm not attacking the kid. Tubby knows exactly what he is getting, and the fact that no one has heard a peep out of Royce in terms of on or off court issues speaks volumes about his effort to get things turned out.

Shall we annoint Royce White a saint now or wait until his first game before we decide he is infallible?

Thank you.......

FOB. "Peaking at a classmates paper," does not merit what Royce got from DeLaSalle.

Does anyone think that a school would not bend over backward to keep a star athlete from this fate? I don't want to bash young Mr. White in any way. I hope he has a grand a glorious Gopher career and goes on to earn a nice living at the game.

But it's undeniable that kid has had some personal issues, and if a McDonald's game snub helps put him on the straight and narrow, I'm not upset.

FOB. "Peaking at a classmates paper," does not merit what Royce got from DeLaSalle.

Does anyone think that a school would not bend over backward to keep a star athlete from this fate? I don't want to bash young Mr. White in any way. I hope he has a grand a glorious Gopher career and goes on to earn a nice living at the game.

But it's undeniable that kid has had some personal issues, and if a McDonald's game snub helps put him on the straight and narrow, I'm not upset.

And if getting the boot straightened him out, which appears to be the case, even better.

McD's AA

We had a McDonald's representative presenting a certificate to a basketball player at our local school last night (girl's team) during half time. He talked about her being a finalist (one of many nation wide, and one of 24 in Wisconsin) for the team that will be named soon. I assume that if a coach or a conference nominates a player, perhaps they end up receiving this certificate from a McDonlad's rep.

Anyway, he read off from a script criteria they used when choosing the final students, obviously BB talent was the biggest criteria, but so was academic standing and character.

I am in no way making any judgement about Royce. I really don't know anything about his character or academics. I just know that they do consider all of these areas when making selections.

I hope Royce does make the team, but it won't be the end of the world.

Shall we annoint Royce White a saint now or wait until his first game before we decide he is infallible?

You are ridiculous. Someone doesn't agree with you, so you completely ignore everything they say and greatly exaggerate their position. Very mature.

For the record, I agree with your opinion on Royce. But grow up, seriously.

You are ridiculous. Someone doesn't agree with you, so you completely ignore everything they say and greatly exaggerate their position. Very mature.

For the record, I agree with your opinion on Royce. But grow up, seriously.

perhaps you meant to direct that at sec105. I didn't ignore anything. If anything he exaggerated my position.

if he makes it!

Trust me, they don't. Lots of former McDonalds All-Americans have had "citizenship issues." Being named to the team doesn't make you a better citizen or student. A lot of it consists of politicking, which is understandable. These are human beings making the final choice after all.

But I agree with you that kids with questionable citizenship issues should not be included. But if they went by that criteria every year, the game's rosters would look a lot different on a yearly basis.

How would not being selected as a McDonalds AA "straighten" someone up? I'm pretty sure getting kicked out of De La Salle had a bigger impact on him than a McDonalds AA snub. Do you honestly believe someone would change the course of their life due do an all-star game snub? wow...delusional much? And on another note, I am not sure what De La Salle's academic standards are but I do know that it is a private school, and as such have strict academic dishonesty. I wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that they have a 1 strike policy.

Go Royce, future Parade All-American (unless this has been announced already, the future All-american).

Top Bottom