Mbakwe

XMan

Reaction score
What is the latest status for T. Mbakwe?

Should I be amazed at how painfully slow this court case is taking?

Should I be amazed at how painfully slow this court case is taking?

No - it's not all that rare. The wheels of justice can move very slow. Granted, in this particular case if Mbakwe wanted to go to trial already, it would have happened.. it's him and his defense that have asked for the repeated delays.

Also...

No - it's not all that rare. The wheels of justice can move very slow. Granted, in this particular case if Mbakwe wanted to go to trial already, it would have happened.. it's him and his defense that have asked for the repeated delays.[/QUOTE
Wasn't there also a delay because the victim/accuser could not be located for a while? It sounded like both sides of the issue have contributed to the delay.

Wasn't there also a delay because the victim/accuser could not be located for a while? It sounded like both sides of the issue have contributed to the delay.

Yes. As has been said 100+ times on this board, none of the delays are unusual. Don't equate the RW laptop debacle with this case. This case is a felony. Huge difference. This is very standard.

What is scheduled next for TM, anyone? I think there is something scheduled in early March?

Question ??

As I am certain someone at the GH knows the answer, is their a trial date and if so, when?

thanks

No - it's not all that rare. The wheels of justice can move very slow. Granted, in this particular case if Mbakwe wanted to go to trial already, it would have happened.. it's him and his defense that have asked for the repeated delays.

The exculpatory (I think that's right word) witnesses haven't been available to Mbakwe this winter.

TwoFans said:

No, there was a complaint to the court about that matter, but that didn't truly hold up the trial. The biggest issue is that the defense wants a bunch of basketball players from other states to come testify, and it's difficult to do when they are in school and playing ball.

Section201 said:
As I am certain someone at the GH knows the answer, is their a trial date and if so, when?

The next hearing date is scheduled for March 8th. If a trial ever does occur in this matter, the date is unknown.

Top Bottom