Maybe Kill knows what he's talking about?

balds

Reaction score
Said Derrick Wells is pretty good.

Said AJ Barker is one of the most improved players and will be in the mix.

Said KJ Maye is an exciting Freshman and will be in the mix.

Said Qb's make big jumps from year 1 to year 2 in his system. Small sample size, but I'd take Gray and Shortell this year by far over last.

The only "bold" proclomation that he made that is a falsehood is in young Cockran. I believe that he will be a great player, but he can't get on the field because of the outstanding play of D.L. Wilhite.

I'm sure we will take our lumps this year, as Kill predicted, but I like where we are going and that we have a guy who knows it too.

Haven't seen anything from Foster Bush yet either, though he's only a redshirt freshman.

I agree with the general sentiment, however. Today's win went a long way for me getting 100% behind the Kill bandwagon. That was the best all-around game we've played since the Mason era, and we cut down on the mistakes that you would expect a well-coached team to avoid.

Haven't seen anything from Foster Bush yet either, though he's only a redshirt freshman.

I agree with the general sentiment, however. Today's win went a long way for me getting 100% behind the Kill bandwagon. That was the best all-around game we've played since the Mason era, and we cut down on the mistakes that you would expect a well-coached team to make.
FWIW he looked good in gargabe time today. I saw he was in the game so kept an eye on him and he pushed around his guy. Campion has been great as a starter so its not really like Bush has failed or anything either.

No, it wasn't a criticism of Bush. I was just thinking of players that Kill has hyped. Bush certainly looks like more of a prototypical tackle than Campion.

Said Qb's make big jumps from year 1 to year 2 in his system. Small sample size, but I'd take Gray and Shortell this year by far over last.

The only "bold" proclomation that he made that is a falsehood is in young Cockran. I believe that he will be a great player, but he can't get on the field because of the outstanding play of D.L. Wilhite.

I'm sure we will take our lumps this year, as Kill predicted, but I like where we are going and that we have a guy who knows it too.

Yea, I am starting to feel the same way. I actually now starting to listen to what Kill says more than to what the experts on the GopherHole say.

I actually now starting to listen to what Kill says more than to what the experts on the GopherHole say.

Oh, I don't know. I miss the clowns who were telling us their coaching philosophies and how they handle their junior varsity players like we had early last season after Kill said "mean" things about his team.

Ive been underwhelmed with James Gillum, he had a solid game against UNLV, but did absolutely nothing against NH. After all the hype he recieved from Kill I was expecting more.

Most coaches are smart enough to not hype guys that are not going to perform. The obvious exception is when Brew went on and on about Harold Howell who we all know was a major bust.

Will be interesting to watch over the course of the season what kind of impact the JC kids have. Gillum has struggled so far at one of the easier positions for a guy to step in and make an impact but we are only 2 games in. Mixed reviews on the guys in the secondary but that was a nice pick by Shabazz. Fruechte has made a couple nice grabs and was over shot a few times in the first game.

Great to see 3 lightly regarded Minnesota kids contribute at WR-Barker, Engel and Fruechete. Could Fruechte be the next Eric Decker? Campion may move inside to guard if Bush keeps improving. How the Gophers do against Syracuse will give some indication of what to expect when the B1G gets going since Northwestern beat Syracuse last week.

UNH sold out against the run. They paid for it too. We focused pretty much everything between the tackles and Gray killed them on play action. He was pretty close to completing all of his passes. Gillum and Kirkwood maybe did not break any big runs but they deserve credit for all the plat action working. As for Bush, he had surgery in the off season and missed most of Spring. Kid has a long career ahead of him for you to be disappointed in him.

UNH sold out against the run. They paid for it too. We focused pretty much everything between the tackles and Gray killed them on play action. He was pretty close to completing all of his passes. Gillum and Kirkwood maybe did not break any big runs but they deserve credit for all the plat action working. As for Bush, he had surgery in the off season and missed most of Spring. Kid has a long career ahead of him for you to be disappointed in him.

Yup, they wanted to make Gray beat him in the air... and he did. He also broke a few on the ground. I'm confident that if Gray needed to throw more, he would have been just fine. We will need to throw more in the B1G season. Teams will stop the run without stacking the box in the B1G.

I think the game was 30-7 at this point in the 2nd quarter. Gray had DCT wide-open in the endzone and took a sack.

Jerry Kill continues to grow on me. I am not ready to crown him King or praise his every bowel movement over a 3 game winning streak. He does deserve our loyalty, as long as we remain critical of his conduct and watchful against any future coronation, and I won't wait for the shaman to use scatological evidence to make a move to force his divine nature on the rest of us.

Great to see 3 lightly regarded Minnesota kids contribute at WR-Barker, Engel and Fruechete. Could Fruechte be the next Eric Decker? Campion may move inside to guard if Bush keeps improving. How the Gophers do against Syracuse will give some indication of what to expect when the B1G gets going since Northwestern beat Syracuse last week.

Yes he played well, but there is a long way to go to be in Decker's league

Why do you think DL is playing this well? He has never worked this hard before and you can thank Kill and Cockran for that as well.

Cocheran has been fine. He's gotten off the edge a few times but Kill also said that he would be a really good player in the future and that he needed to add weight. I think Claeys said that they weren't expecting All Big Ten type play from him this year but they think he has that potential down the line

Jerry Kill the recruiter has also grown on me quite a bit. Take someone like Derrick Wells. The guy has been in the program for all of 13 months and it's clear he's a stud. I don't know how much better a coach can make a player in 13 months, so it seems clear that he was pretty good and that Kill recognized what others didn't. Same goes for Rabe, Amaefula, Cockran, Thompson, and others.

Jerry Kill the recruiter has also grown on me quite a bit. Take someone like Derrick Wells. The guy has been in the program for all of 13 months and it's clear he's a stud. I don't know how much better a coach can make a player in 13 months, so it seems clear that he was pretty good and that Kill recognized what others didn't. Same goes for Rabe, Amaefula, Cockran, Thompson, and others.

+1

Top Bottom