Maybe it's time

MBAGuy

Needs something to cheer about
Reaction score
to just fold up the football program.

I mean, it's been 42 years since we've done anything of significance. Yeah, we've got a new stadium, but it clearly doesn't help. Maybe we'd be better off converting TCF into a fancy track and field and soccer venue. Have a concert or two there every summer to help raise funds for women's tennis and the other sports we can support. If that doesn't work out, let's just tear it down and sell the parts to a scrap dealer.

All I'm saying is, what's the point of continuing with this idiocy? Let's just cut our losses and be done with it once and for all. Then we won't have to complain about our terrible team, with terrible coaches, and terrible students, with a terrible AD, and a terrible QB, protected by a terrible OL, who are totally unsupported by the terrible freshmen and sophomores who the terrible HC recruited. Wouldn't we all be better off if we just gave up and lent our support to a random team in the intermural lacrosse league?

If you're interested, start a petition. I'll sign it.

You could just ignore the football team if your interest has dropped that low.

really? my sarcasm meter was on red alert while reading this as always super-intelligent post from MBAGuy. his tounge was firmly planted in his cheek the whole time. how could you miss that?!

How about burning the 1,000 play G- o-pher it playbook

Whatever tennis dude calls it and cleanse Weber and Gray's minds of that whole encyclopedia and simplify. The whole program will be better for it, Identify your best 35 plays, trim that down to ten to 15 and the see what they execute well in practice. Weber has had success with being in shot gun, and while your at it let him throw how he is comfortable, let him run some, quick passes, why not let him continue to have success at that. Find your five guy's up front that will take an avid interst in not letting the QB get hit so much,enjoy seeing more than a 2-3 yard run and maybe not false start as much and you will have a start. Who actually likes to run with the ball after catching, say boom Weber hit them here, on the run and stick it, catch it with your hands, no more wobbles and no more ducks across the grain that get returned for pick six. I'm not convinced this head coach is the answer but he can start by simplifying, identify what they do well and then go with it. We have been fly by change all season on offense, go back to the spread and what Weber does well and stick to it. They need some success to gain confidence, it is time to burn the large playbook, and work on something they do well.You recruited Gray and all of these recievers to run the spread, and now were a power running pro style offense? Geez
find something to do well and gain a little confidence in it.

I mean, it's been 42 years since we've done anything of significance. Yeah, we've got a new stadium, but it clearly doesn't help. Maybe we'd be better off converting TCF into a fancy track and field and soccer venue. Have a concert or two there every summer to help raise funds for women's tennis and the other sports we can support. If that doesn't work out, let's just tear it down and sell the parts to a scrap dealer.

All I'm saying is, what's the point of continuing with this idiocy? Let's just cut our losses and be done with it once and for all. Then we won't have to complain about our terrible team, with terrible coaches, and terrible students, with a terrible AD, and a terrible QB, protected by a terrible OL, who are totally unsupported by the terrible freshmen and sophomores who the terrible HC recruited. Wouldn't we all be better off if we just gave up and lent our support to a random team in the intermural lacrosse league?

well, i really do love women's tennis and softball. so they should be getting AT LEAST the same amount of funding as men's basketball, football and hockey. it is only fair considering how much revenue women's tennis and softball brings into the athletic dept. each year. oh and don't forget about women's rowing........that is another cash cow.

You would not believe the book I read the other day. Some nobleman suggested the Irish could solve their famine problems by eating their babies.

MADNESS

Some jackass called in to the WCCO football scoreboard show after the game and suggested that the Gophers should withdraw from the Big Ten and find a conference where they could be competitive. We all know that it was a ridiculous phone call and a total waste of oxygen but the sad part is that neither the show's host, Steve Thompson maybe, nor any other listeners called in to at least call the guy a moron. Apathy is a problem right now. I'd prefer anger, at least it keeps people engaged.

Some jackass called in to the WCCO football scoreboard show after the game and suggested that the Gophers should withdraw from the Big Ten and find a conference where they could be competitive. We all know that it was a ridiculous phone call and a total waste of oxygen but the sad part is that neither the show's host, Steve Thompson maybe, nor any other listeners called in to at least call the guy a moron. Apathy is a problem right now. I'd prefer anger, at least it keeps people engaged.

i heard that moronic call too and it was made to WCCO soon after a post by a brewster basher here on GH posted the exact same thing. my money is that it was the same guy that made the post or someone else who frequents this board and loves to be negative.

btw - iirc, i think that call was right at the end of their call-in show so there weren't really any other callers who could have called in to call the guy a jackass.

What a Maroon!

188px-UChicago_Maroons.svg.png
bugs-244x300.png

Top Bottom