May be Tubby should take this advice

GopherCountry

Reaction score
Espn article of John Harbaugh about the 2013 Ravens and taking advice he received from the late Bo Schembechler, that "if you try to stay the same you end up getting worse."

May be Tubby should take the same advice and hire a new assistant (or two), tweak or altogether change his coaching style and/or philosophy on offense and defense (especially when it comes to inbounding the ball) to adapt to the players he recruited.... Just a thought

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9066834/john-harbaugh-baltimore-ravens-roster-change-part-nfl

One of Tubby's greatest strengths may be his biggest weakness = he's stubborn.

I agree with the quote above, but Tubby has shown us for six years and UK fans for a few years prior to that that he is who he is. He hasn't changed his approach or style at all and new assistants won't help. I wish it would, but he's a stubborn dude.

I agree with you that Tubby won't change because of his stubborness, however, if may have to if he wants to keep his job. I hope the Gophers make a run in the NCAA but also hope Teague brings in a new coach in a few weeks.

Good advice for anyone.

It always impressed me how much of an innovator Bud Grant was, even past middle age. He was always looking for something new to stay ahead of the curve and the competition. That was part of the secret to his effectiveness.

Good advice for anyone.

It always impressed me how much of an innovator Bud Grant was, even past middle age. He was always looking for something new to stay ahead of the curve and the competition. That was part of the secret to his effectiveness.

He lost 4 Super Bowls. I'm sure Hank Stram is laughing at your statement.

One of Tubby's greatest strengths may be his biggest weakness = he's stubborn.

I agree with the quote above, but Tubby has shown us for six years and UK fans for a few years prior to that that he is who he is. He hasn't changed his approach or style at all and new assistants won't help. I wish it would, but he's a stubborn dude.

My feelings as well. If the pressure at Kentucky for him to alter his strategy after ticking off everybody wasn't enough to get it done, I'd be shocked if he alters much of anything here. That's why I believe we've already reached our apex with him at the helm.

Top Bottom