MaxPreps Final Top 100: Hollins #48, Coleman #52

Not like these rankings mean a lot, but thats pretty good. I'll take 2 Top 50-ish recruits. I see that a guy we wanted, Naddir Thorpe of Kansas comes in at #87. I'll take a #48 recruit (Hollins) over #87.

Feels like this team is getting pretty athletic. Tubby may get his teams to play defense like he probably envisions. Not sure its going to help Tubby's offensive schemes. He's really gonna need Welch, Hollins, and Coleman to break down the offense off of the dribble. (Along with Chip).

I wonder if the walk-on Halverson can shoot? On this team that might be enough to get you on the floor.

Halverson is probably the worst shooter on the team, save probably andre ingram. Why do people keep thinking halverson is going to contribute?

Halverson definitely cannot shoot. He can jump. He can't shoot.

Halverson will be lucky to see 10 minutes next season. I know Tubby's bench runs deep as far as playing time goes, but he is roughly our 14th man right now.

Was Wisconsin ever interested in Moats? He seems like their type of player from what I've read.

Halverson will be lucky to see 10 minutes next season. I know Tubby's bench runs deep as far as playing time goes, but he is roughly our 14th man right now.

Did he not look very athletic last year during the tip-off? I think he will see 10 minutes also.

Go Gophers

Oto seems like the guy who can shoot. As mentioned, Halverson gets off the floor and could maybe make some plays with his athleticism. But, probably won't play much at all.

Here ya go

Its called ADD

Sorry I was thinking about the big picture. Next time I will help you,maybe throught the use of numbers, to another thought as it looks like it's tough for you to extropolitae to bigger subjects.

1. 2 athletic shooting guards. Both known as drivers.
2. Biggest issues this year... lack of a true pg, and outside shooting.
3. Thus can the walk-on shoot?

Does this help?

Halverson wont even play. cant shoot, dribble, too short to play post, to weak to play post in the B10. He saw like 5 minutes a game at Valpo.

From said thread:

lets say im ralph sampson, i read that im soft, ill never be what my father is, i dont know how to score on the low block, im a mental midget, at some point i think thats got to get to you. why do i play in front of fans that bad mouth me at any opportunity, why give them my best effort? Why recommend the U of M to recruits?

IALTO. Nice job being a hypocrite. But Halvorsen's not a starter, so rip on him all you want, right?

Halverson wont even play. cant shoot, dribble, too short to play post, to weak to play post in the B10. He saw like 5 minutes a game at Valpo.

For what it's worth, he can dribble and shoot better than Dawson. He is strong and can jump, might be able to grab some boards, get some put backs. I've seen him dunk hard over people, not a very good shooter. Will see some limited minutes.

No need to rip a walk-on.

"... Tubby's....really gonna need Welch, Hollins, and Coleman to break down the offense off of the dribble. (Along with Chip)".

JJ,

Can you help me out here? What is the significance of a player 'breaking down the offense off of the dribble.'? How does that work?

Top Bottom