Max Boot: The GOP is now the party of neo-Confederates

howeda7

Reaction score
Objectively correct.

The history is still there, exactly intact as it was before, for anyone to research.

Statues, names, etc., are honorary glorifications, and only should be bestowed to those who deserve them.
And regardless of "deserve" the current generation of duly election officials is allowed to rename a bridge or a street or a lake if they want to. If it makes the Fellas clutch their pearls and scream Antifa, oh well.

STPGopher

Reaction score
Antifa! Removing a statue does not erase history. Only a fool would argue it does.
I actually wish that they would leave them all up and put a counter monument up right next to them. Keep their legacy in the forefront for all to see. I do understand that it would be less than pleasant to see that crap all of the time.?

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
It was implemented in 1890, during Jim Crow, for exactly that reason. The Fellas don't care. They'd love it if MN had the same law. Maybe an R could win a statewide race then.

Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, and Idaho all passed laws allowing women the right to vote in the 1890's. I guess those were Jim Crow laws.

Section2

Reaction score
I actually wish that they would leave them all up and put a counter monument up right next to them. Keep their legacy in the forefront for all to see. I do understand that it would be less than pleasant to see that crap all of the time.?
Who decides which statues go up? Who decides when to take them down? 20 people can just take down a statue with no repercussions? Howie doesn’t care at all.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
And regardless of "deserve" the current generation of duly election officials is allowed to rename a bridge or a street or a lake if they want to. If it makes the Fellas clutch their pearls and scream Antifa, oh well.
The people that took down the Columbus Statue were not duly elected they were vandals and should be prosecuted.

jamiche

Reaction score
Who decides which statues go up? Who decides when to take them down? 20 people can just take down a statue with no repercussions? Howie doesn’t care at all.
All of a sudden you want gubmint, deuce!

howeda7

Reaction score
Wyoming, Colorado, Utah, and Idaho all passed laws allowing women the right to vote in the 1890's. I guess those were Jim Crow laws.
Which of those states had Jim Crow Laws? Which of them erected Confederate statues? Thanks!

MennoSota

Reaction score
Is Max Boot the same as Max Headroom? I have never heard of him.

Section2

Reaction score
Which of those states had Jim Crow Laws? Which of them erected Confederate statues? Thanks!
Now do Winston Churchill. Howie is all on board random groups tearing down statues and destroying businesses. America deserves it for Trump!

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
I don’t understand the problem. It is reported all the time that minority groups are being affected more by corona than non minority groups. Can you ask the question as to why or are you just supposed to report they are affected more. If you can’t ask a question as to why they are affected more then don’t report they are affected more. Or is it simply because he’s a white republican. Joe Biden basically said if you don’t vote for him you’re not black. Is that an issue or is that just a simple misunderstanding.

Last edited:

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I don’t understand the problem. It is reported all the time that minority groups are being affected more by corona than non minority groups. Can you ask the question as to why or are you just supposed to report they are affected more. If you can’t ask a question as to why they are affected more then don’t report they are affected more. Or is it simply a sorry because he’s a white republican. Joe Biden basically said if you don’t vote for him you’re not black. Is that an issue or is that just a simple misunderstanding.
Get with the program. You can't ask ANY question about anything remotely like this. This is 2020, man. What you say and what you think will be monitored and controlled and consequences for stepping out of line and saying something the anointed masses don't approve of will be dealt with harshly

diehard

Reaction score
I don’t understand the problem. It is reported all the time that minority groups are being affected more by corona than non minority groups. Can you ask the question as to why or are you just supposed to report they are affected more. If you can’t ask a question as to why they are affected more then don’t report they are affected more. Or is it simply a sorry because he’s a white republican. Joe Biden basically said if you don’t vote for him you’re not black. Is that an issue or is that just a simple misunderstanding.
I know exactly who is being affected by COVID. I also know why. It is not being addressed on either front. Our medical establishment is a total failure. Follow the money for them and their government support. As a racist nation we turned it up a bunch of notches in the 60s and haven't looked back. It cotines to get worse by the day. It is systemic. It is owned by the Democrat Party. They are true evil. Every one of you. Most Republicans aren't so great either, but not as dominated by systemic evil.

howeda7

Reaction score
So many crocodile tears for the poor Ohio Senator....

justthefacts

Reaction score
I don’t understand the problem. It is reported all the time that minority groups are being affected more by corona than non minority groups. Can you ask the question as to why or are you just supposed to report they are affected more. If you can’t ask a question as to why they are affected more then don’t report they are affected more. Or is it simply because he’s a white republican. Joe Biden basically said if you don’t vote for him you’re not black. Is that an issue or is that just a simple misunderstanding.

Personally, I'd start by not referring to "the colored population."

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Personally, I'd start by not referring to "the colored population."
Ah. So if he had said people of color are unproportionally effected by COVID 19 I wonder why that is then it becomes ok. I really is getting more and more difficult to communicate now.

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score

I wonder if the people upset about the poor Ohio Senator will go steal from stores and burn down city blocks because they can't handle being upset.

Last edited:

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score
Ah. So if he had said people of color are unproportionally effected by COVID 19 I wonder why that is then it becomes ok. I really is getting more and more difficult to communicate now.

No, that wouldn't be enough. JTF isn't capable of really answering your question.

But no, if he had said "people of color" that wouldn't have made a difference.

Also - there is no difference between "people of color" and the "colored population".

Bob_Loblaw

Reaction score

Wyoming, Utah and Colorado ALL had Jim Crow laws and Confederate statues erected. You don't really know your history very well.

stocker08

Reaction score

I don't see what the big deal is. He's just wondering out loud what the rest of the righties are thinking: maybe black people are dirtier than everyone else.

howeda7

Reaction score
I don't see what the big deal is. He's just wondering out loud what the rest of the righties are thinking. Maybe black people are dirtier than everyone else.
Hence the crocodile tears.

howeda7

Reaction score
Wyoming, Utah and Colorado ALL had Jim Crow laws and Confederate statues erected. You don't really know your history very well.
I didn't know that. It appears nearly all of them related to marriage laws and not segregated restaurants, drinking fountains etc. But thanks for sharing.

That doesn't change the OP I was responding to that most of the Civil War statues in cities across the south were not erected until decades after the war. They were not erected to "honor" dead relatives.

justthefacts

Reaction score
NBD, just the President thanking a guy for chanting "White Power"

Top Bottom