Max Boot: The GOP is now the party of neo-Confederates

justthefacts

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Section2

Reaction score
Howie's hero, Max Boot. Pathetic Hack. Great role model.

"In a sensible world, the editors of the Washington Post would have looked at what Boot has tried to do over the last couple of days, and tattooed “hack” on his forehead. But we are not operating in a sensible world."

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/08/max-boots-dishonesty/

justthefacts

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
^^^ how gross is that?

Audience looks like all white men, average age in the 50s.

Probably just gonna have to wait 20-25 years to see some good changes there.

GopherJake

Reaction score
He must have won a large percentage of the black vote
Or they didn't vote. Either way, there is responsibility there. Or this picture isn't the whole story. I know nothing about it, but I'd guess former.

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
Reeves got about 450k votes (52.2%) to the Dem candidate's (the MS attorney general) about 400k votes (46.5%), which was about 99% of the votes cast.

The racist whites voted for Reeves, the rest did not. There are just slightly more racist whites in Mississippi, than there are non-racist whites.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Reeves got about 450k votes (52.2%) to the Dem candidate's (the MS attorney general) about 400k votes (46.5%), which was about 99% of the votes cast.

The racist whites voted for Reeves, the rest did not. There are just slightly more racist whites in Mississippi, than there are non-racist whites.
Your math doesn't add up if every black voter would have voted D.

howeda7

Reaction score

Rita Romney says Tate was 10 points behind until Dear Leader dragged him across the finish line with his inspiring rally.

howeda7

Reaction score
Or they didn't vote. Either way, there is responsibility there. Or this picture isn't the whole story. I know nothing about it, but I'd guess former.

Mississippi still has a Jim Crow law in effect that in addition to winning the popular vote, you must win the majority of the State House districts. So even if they ever did beat them in the popular vote, they wouldn't meet the second threshold and would not become governor. Sick stuff.

Section2

Reaction score
Mississippi still has a Jim Crow law in effect that in addition to winning the popular vote, you must win the majority of the State House districts. So even if they ever did beat them in the popular vote, they wouldn't meet the second threshold and would not become governor. Sick stuff.

How is that a Jim Crow law?

"Jim Crow laws were state and local laws that enforced racial segregation in the Southern United States."

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
Right, that meets the definition. They do it so that a popular black in Jackson can’t be governor by getting a bunch of blacks in Jackson to vote for him but none of the hillbil... raci..... rural white voters.

howeda7

Reaction score
Right, that meets the definition. They do it so that a popular black in Jackson can’t be governor by getting a bunch of blacks in Jackson to vote for him but none of the hillbil... raci..... rural white voters.

It was implemented in 1890, during Jim Crow, for exactly that reason. The Fellas don't care. They'd love it if MN had the same law. Maybe an R could win a statewide race then.

Section2

Reaction score

What does that have to do with segregation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Section2

Reaction score
It was implemented in 1890, during Jim Crow, for exactly that reason. The Fellas don't care. They'd love it if MN had the same law. Maybe an R could win a statewide race then.

What a terrible injustice they’ve done to you. It’s so hard being Howie.

cncmin

Reaction score
What a terrible injustice they’ve done to you. It’s so hard being Howie.

Still hanging in there being a Trumpie apologist/defender/sychophant, S2? Good for you, buddy. Keep hanging strong against all evidence and common sense. I know you have it in you.

Section2

Reaction score
Still hanging in there being a Trumpie apologist/defender/sychophant, S2? Good for you, buddy. Keep hanging strong against all evidence and common sense. I know you have it in you.

It’s awesome when you jump in and don’t bother to read 100 characters to find out what the topic is. Shows how smart and thorough you are.

cncmin

Reaction score
It’s awesome when you jump in and don’t bother to read 100 characters to find out what the topic is. Shows how smart and thorough you are.

You're probably not aware enough to realize I don't frequent these parts anymore, as the insane Echo Chamber, of which you are a part, is indefatigable in their absurd cultishness. If I missed something resembling intelligence you may have said in a rare moment, I apologize. I didn't mean to interrupt. Now please resume your boot-licking.

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
You're probably not aware enough to realize I don't frequent these parts anymore, as the insane Echo Chamber, of which you are a part, is indefatigable in their absurd cultishness. If I missed something resembling intelligence you may have said in a rare moment, I apologize. I didn't mean to interrupt. Now please resume your boot-licking.

This thread, for multiple pages, has been ONLY about the governor of Mississippi. So when you barge in and take a dump of a post ripping me for being a Trump apologist, and then throw in a couple big words, it's not super impressive. In fact, EVERY post in which you are trying to impress everyone with how smart you are, falls flat. And that's almost all of your posts.

justthefacts

Reaction score
4FGqZRo.png

Section2

Reaction score

STPGopher

Reaction score
The left has embraced the NeoCons they claimed to hate so badly, and in fact have united with them.

Leaving the Confederate statues up was supported by the majority of people in every region except the NE. It's not an extremist position.

The Charlottesville march had hundreds in attendance on both sides that were neither KKK, nor Antifa. The idea that everyone who was there to support leaving the statues up was a NeoNazi, is a boogeyman, designed by the liberal elites to demonize the majority.

Richmond Virginia is one area that is going through this now. It appears that the wishes of the community are not being respected.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/09/politics/judge-blocks-removal-robert-e-lee-statue-richmond/index.html

Just some info on Richmond in the link below:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richmond,_Virginia

As of the 2010 United States Census, there were 204,214 people living in the city. 50.6% were Black or African American, 40.8% White, 2.3% Asian, 0.3% Native American, 0.1% Pacific Islander, 3.6% of some other race and 2.3% of two or more races. 6.3% were Hispanic or Latino (of any race).[64]

Virginia Union has produced many pastors. Some have and still do reside in the Twin Cities.
https://www.vuu.edu/

My guess is they would be more than fine with the removal of these statues.

Edit: I forgot this link.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_House_of_the_Confederacy

Last edited:

Section2

Reaction score
Winston Churchill bad. But we are just anti fascists!!

• Angry
Reactions: KGF

howeda7

Reaction score
Antifa! Removing a statue does not erase history. Only a fool would argue it does.

MplsGopher

Banned
Reaction score
Antifa! Removing a statue does not erase history. Only a fool would argue it does.
Objectively correct.

The history is still there, exactly intact as it was before, for anyone to research.

Statues, names, etc., are honorary glorifications, and only should be bestowed to those who deserve them.

Top Bottom