Max Boot: The GOP is now the party of neo-Confederates

Section2

Reaction score
I warned you to be scared of the pendulum swing from electing Trumpster.

I've made the same argument. Dems need several more crushing defeats to be cured, and I'm not counting on them. I honestly am shocked at how bad these candidates are. The Republican field for 2016 was 1000x better.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
I've made the same argument. Dems need several more crushing defeats to be cured, and I'm not counting on them. I honestly am shocked at how bad these candidates are. The Republican field for 2016 was 1000x better.

I think there are good candidates there but they will never gain any traction with the dems unfortunately.

howeda7

Reaction score
Today's Republican party is essentially the same platform of the 1996 Democratic platform. Today's Democratic platform is nothing that we have ever seen in our political system. It is a radical platform. Sorry fellas but that is simply the truth. A radical party that wants to tear down our economic and social system with no discernible plan to replace it. The only comparable in modern politics are the Nazis and the revolutionists of of early 1900's Russia. Sorry kids but that is truth.

The Democratic Party looks more like the GOP of the 1950's than the modern GOP does.

Section2

Reaction score
I would vote for Bullock.

I don't know enough about him, but he's at least a governor. I mean, Marianne Williamson finished 4th in her run for house or reps in CA. Beto lost his senate bid. Pete is the mayor of a small city. De Blasio is hated in NY. Their stars are all Senators who rarely fare well in running for President. Obama is the only outlier in recent memory, and no one on that stage is close.

bottlebass

Main Member
Reaction score
I don't know enough about him, but he's at least a governor. I mean, Marianne Williamson finished 4th in her run for house or reps in CA. Beto lost his senate bid. Pete is the mayor of a small city. De Blasio is hated in NY. Their stars are all Senators who rarely fare well in running for President. Obama is the only outlier in recent memory, and no one on that stage is close.

And he's a governor of a state that voted Trump by like 20%.

justthefacts

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here's Daubenmire saying the wrong side won the Civil War:

howeda7

Reaction score
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Here's Daubenmire saying the wrong side won the Civil War:

Sounds like this fine man would agree that Lincoln was awful and our worst President.

KGF

Reaction score
Trump has an off the chart, looney tunes, RW nut at one of his rallies.

The Democrats have several off the chart, looney tunes, LW nuts running for President.

short ornery norwegian

Reaction score
a) don't feed stocker
b) Democrats have moved so far left in such a short time that the policies of Obama are now completely unacceptable. His major climate achievement is "kindergarten stuff". His signature health care program is a disaster, leaving millions uninsured, and costs have risen unabated. His deportation policy is racist, and his child separation policy heartless.

2- Qualifier - SOME democrats have moved 'so far left.' the 'platform' of the Democrats is still to be decided. yes, a Sanders or Warren campaign would be full-on progressive or radical, depending on your point of view. A Biden campaign would be very different.

I saw a poll recently - it was a poll of Democrats, asking them how they identified themselves. I think something like 53% identified as 'progressive' and 45% identified as 'moderate.'

If that is accurate, then slightly more than half of Democrats fit your post. The party is divided right now. I don't know how it's all going to shake out. It may wind up with the party splitting over ideology, and Trump winning easily. Or, the Dems might find some accommodation between the different factions, because the one thing they can all agree on is that they can't stand Trump. that is a "to be determined."

And finally - it's more than a year to the election. in today's 24-hour news cycle, a year is like a lifetime. the story will change about 300 times between now than then. So predictions are about as valuable as my fantasy football picks.

Section2

Reaction score
2- Qualifier - SOME democrats have moved 'so far left.' the 'platform' of the Democrats is still to be decided. yes, a Sanders or Warren campaign would be full-on progressive or radical, depending on your point of view. A Biden campaign would be very different.

I saw a poll recently - it was a poll of Democrats, asking them how they identified themselves. I think something like 53% identified as 'progressive' and 45% identified as 'moderate.'

If that is accurate, then slightly more than half of Democrats fit your post. The party is divided right now. I don't know how it's all going to shake out. It may wind up with the party splitting over ideology, and Trump winning easily. Or, the Dems might find some accommodation between the different factions, because the one thing they can all agree on is that they can't stand Trump. that is a "to be determined."

And finally - it's more than a year to the election. in today's 24-hour news cycle, a year is like a lifetime. the story will change about 300 times between now than then. So predictions are about as valuable as my fantasy football picks.

I will agree that reasonable democrats like yourself are probably the majority. But the really loud democrats like AOC has the megaphone and everyone is afraid to commit a micro aggression against them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GopherJake

Reaction score
I will agree that reasonable democrats like yourself are probably the majority. But the really loud democrats like AOC has the megaphone and everyone is afraid to commit a micro aggression against them.

x10 for your guy Don and conservatives. Maybe worse. You, KFC, BGA, et al are on here deflecting from every dumbass thing he does. You aren’t just afraid of committing a micro aggression, you defend him. At every turn. Tariffs? No problem, even though it’s 100% against your “principles.” Blow up the budget epically in a good economy? No problem. Praise our enemies and piss off our allies? Good job, Don! And on-and-on.

Section2

Reaction score
x10 for your guy Don and conservatives. Maybe worse. You, KFC, BGA, et al are on here deflecting from every dumbass thing he does. You aren’t just afraid of committing a micro aggression, you defend him. At every turn. Tariffs? No problem, even though it’s 100% against your “principles.” Blow up the budget epically in a good economy? No problem. Praise our enemies and piss off our allies? Good job, Don! And on-and-on.

Have never defended Tariffs. Not afraid at all. Some things Don does needs to be defended. There is zero fear of Don affecting our Democracy, big worry with the Dems.

KGF

Reaction score
Have never defended Tariffs. Not afraid at all. Some things Don does needs to be defended. There is zero fear of Don affecting our Democracy, big worry with the Dems.
Yeah, a Trump presidency is temporary. Almost impossible to retreat from bigger government insanity.

GopherJake

Reaction score
Have never defended Tariffs.
Bull$hit. You said out of one side of your mealy mouth that you weren’t in favor, while out of the louder side you said you would take a wait-and-see. You, Sir, are a liar. Don’t care what your response is here; we’re done with this one. You lose again, but try for that 700 million.

Section2

Reaction score
Bull$hit. You said out of one side of your mealy mouth that you weren’t in favor, while out of the louder side you said you would take a wait-and-see. You, Sir, are a liar. Don’t care what your response is here; we’re done with this one. You lose again, but try for that 700 million.

Nope. Trump said he wants zero tariffs. I don’t believe him. But that’s my goal. We will see if he follows thru on that. Only a total moron would read that as support for tariffs.
Control freak Jake will probably respond to this post.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Over a year of tariffs now with no net increase in prices on the American consumer. Imports prices actually fell slightly. China is paying the tariffs via subsidies rather than lose their market share. So much for the financial pundits. Again.

KGF

Reaction score
Over a year of tariffs now with no net increase in prices on the American consumer. Imports prices actually fell slightly. China is paying the tariffs via subsidies rather than lose their market share. So much for the financial pundits. Again.
And devaluing their currency as a stopgap measure.

cncmin

Reaction score

Oh for sure. Gross corruption, selling of our interests to foreign bidders, self-enriching, politicization and attempted control of any and all federal agencies by the Executive Branch, a huge propaganda outreach, complete with collusion between not only the biggest cable “news” source in the nation, but welcoming of foreign interests as well? Control of government through federal court stacking, and election subversion to enforce control of our government by a minority? Nah, none of those are concerning, right? None of those are scary at all, and none of those were attempted in the past by dangerous regimes. None. Don’t worry, it’s all superific. Self-proclaimed economic geniurs S2 said so.

howeda7

Reaction score
Amen. He'll be waiting to see until Trump is out of office and then blame Dems.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Section2

Reaction score
Oh for sure. Gross corruption, selling of our interests to foreign bidders, self-enriching, politicization and attempted control of any and all federal agencies by the Executive Branch, a huge propaganda outreach, complete with collusion between not only the biggest cable “news” source in the nation, but welcoming of foreign interests as well? Control of government through federal court stacking, and election subversion to enforce control of our government by a minority? Nah, none of those are concerning, right? None of those are scary at all, and none of those were attempted in the past by dangerous regimes. None. Don’t worry, it’s all superific. Self-proclaimed economic geniurs S2 said so.

A lot of flimsy allegations not proven.
Attempted control of federal agencies by the executive branch? Such as?
That’s a big bogus list. People that believe trump will install himself as a dictator are loons.
You are fake news.

Section2

Reaction score
Amen. He'll be waiting to see until Trump is out of office and then blame Dems.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Amen!!!! You’ll be waiting til Trump is out of office just like me. And well both place the blame where it belongs.
What you want me to do is pull all support for Trump and join the loon squad and get full blown TDS in response to Trump tariffs. And I won’t do it. That’s all you and Jake mean. Sorry to disappoint.

Deleted_User

Reaction score
Even though I support the tariffs, Donald Trump is a racist, felonious, dullard who needs to leave, period.

And, the usual suspects that support him are his clones and bots, and lick the boots of Putin as he pulls Trumps strings.

And, then there is Moscow Mitch. Whew. He is the lynch pin of the Russian oligarchy, embarrassing the USA by building an aluminum plant in Kentucky with banned money. Wow. Just wow. Which country do I live in?

GoodasGold

Reaction score
Even though I support the tariffs, Donald Trump is a racist, felonious, dullard who needs to leave, period.

And, the usual suspects that support him are his clones and bots, and lick the boots of Putin as he pulls Trumps strings.

And, then there is Moscow Mitch. Whew. He is the lynch pin of the Russian oligarchy, embarrassing the USA by building an aluminum plant in Kentucky with banned money. Wow. Just wow. Which country do I live in?

The southern tier states have always lacked fidelity to our Republic.

Top Bottom