Max Boot: The GOP is now the party of neo-Confederates

Section2

Reaction score
You've gone from saying that we don't know which Congresswomen Trump was talking about, to calling them 4 of the most radical in Congress, to saying you have never heard of one of them. If you've never heard of Pressley, how do you know she's one of the most radical in Congress? If you've never heard of her, how can you be comfortable with Trump saying she should go back to her country, despite her being an American citizen serving in the House?

Also, I've got a little bit of news for you. You know what country Puerto Rico is part of? Scroll down to find out!

The United States! Who knew!

Dumb. I've never heard her talk, don't know anything about her, but since this broke, I'm aware that she was one of the 4 on a magazine cover. And I'm aware of #justice democrats.
Trump didn't tell them to go back to their country.

If what he said is so awful, why is it necessary to assume he meant people he didn't name?
If what he said is so awful, why is it necessary to eliminate the context and full statement?

I didn't say Puerto Rico was or wasn't anything. You asked where she was from and I answered.

Man, for being so 100% correct, you sure have a desperate need to take things completely out of context and invent things that weren't said to "win" arguments. Sad.

howeda7

Reaction score
You've gone from saying that we don't know which Congresswomen Trump was talking about, to calling them 4 of the most radical in Congress, to saying you have never heard of one of them. If you've never heard of Pressley, how do you know she's one of the most radical in Congress? If you've never heard of her, how can you be comfortable with Trump saying she should go back to her country, despite her being an American citizen serving in the House?

Also, I've got a little bit of news for you. You know what country Puerto Rico is part of? Scroll down to find out!

The United States! Who knew!

Lol. The fellas attempts to play dumb when it suits them are always amusing.

Section2

Reaction score
Lol. The fellas attempts to play dumb when it suits them are always amusing.

If you need to read a bunch of things into Trump's comments in order for them to be outrageous, maybe the statement wasn't that outrageous.

bga1

Reaction score
If you need to read a bunch of things into Trump's comments in order for them to be outrageous, maybe the statement wasn't that outrageous.

And that...in a nutshell is how they have built their entire case against Trump.

"Make America Great Again"- was turned around to claim that it is a dog whistle to the racists that want to bring back Jim Crow laws- maybe he just really wants to make the American economy great again??

"Mexico is not sending their best"- was turned to be racist against Hispanics - when perhaps it just meant that Mexico was not always ...well...not sending us their best and most productive people when illegals come here.

"There are good people on both sides" - was turned into Trump loves himself some Nazi racist white nationalists- when he followed that statement by saying that he is not talking about white nationalists and condemns them.

The left lies about what he says and reads things into his comments to make Trump into what they want people to believe he is.

Section2

Reaction score
And that...in a nutshell is how they have built their entire case against Trump.

"Make America Great Again"- was turned around to claim that it is a dog whistle to the racists that want to bring back Jim Crow laws- maybe he just really wants to make the American economy great again??

"Mexico is not sending their best"- was turned to be racist against Hispanics - when perhaps it just meant that Mexico was not always ...well...not sending us their best and most productive people when illegals come here.

"There are good people on both sides" - was turned into Trump loves himself some Nazi racist white nationalists- when he followed that statement by saying that he is not talking about white nationalists and condemns them.

The left lies about what he says and reads things into his comments to make Trump into what they want people to believe he is.

exactly correct.

Here's actually a great read on the latest Nontroversy.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/on-gratitude-and-immigration/

justthefacts

Reaction score
exactly correct.

Here's actually a great read on the latest Nontroversy.

https://www.nationalreview.com/corner/on-gratitude-and-immigration/

I take it, then, that you agree particularly with this portion?

x7rrAac.png

Substantive, detailed critiques from Omar are OK, but when she makes broader generalizations about the United States being flawed it's unacceptable and she should leave the country if she doesn't like it?

justthefacts

Reaction score
Dumb. I've never heard her talk, don't know anything about her, but since this broke, I'm aware that she was one of the 4 on a magazine cover. And I'm aware of #justice democrats.
Trump didn't tell them to go back to their country.

If what he said is so awful, why is it necessary to assume he meant people he didn't name?
If what he said is so awful, why is it necessary to eliminate the context and full statement?

I didn't say Puerto Rico was or wasn't anything. You asked where she was from and I answered.

Man, for being so 100% correct, you sure have a desperate need to take things completely out of context and invent things that weren't said to "win" arguments. Sad.

YOU assumed he meant people he didn't name! YOU said he was referring to 4 of the most radical people in Congress. Everyone knows who he was referring to, but some people pretend not to because they're argumentative.

If you're going to say this isn't Trump telling them to go back to their country, then we truly are living in Orwell's Animal Farm.

k9gBrM2.png

Section2

Reaction score
I take it, then, that you agree particularly with this portion?

x7rrAac.png

Substantive, detailed critiques from Omar are OK, but when she makes broader generalizations about the United States being flawed it's unacceptable and she should leave the country if she doesn't like it?

I agree with the entire article. The point of which, is that Omar has absolutely no gratitude for the US and i find it extremely distasteful. And while the US rescued her and millions of her fellow countrymen, they’ve learned precisely zero lessons about why they failed, and think America is the fundamentally flawed country. Why on earth do people support her?
And although you absolutely refuse to consider the entire Trump quote, it’s pretty clear to me that he made a clumsy, classless statement, with this cold hard truth at the core.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Section2

Reaction score
YOU assumed he meant people he didn't name! YOU said he was referring to 4 of the most radical people in Congress. Everyone knows who he was referring to, but some people pretend not to because they're argumentative.

If you're going to say this isn't Trump telling them to go back to their country, then we truly are living in Orwell's Animal Farm.

k9gBrM2.png

We can make a safe educated guess, sure. But if your outrage is dependent on him specifically meaning these 4, as yours seems to be, sorry, you don’t get to take that guess as fact.

Omar’s politics are hard left. She fled a failed communist state. Go make your crappy ideas work there. They won’t. The US doesn’t need to emulate Somalia. Animal farm indeed.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I agree with the entire article. The point of which, is that Omar has absolutely no gratitude for the US and i find it extremely distasteful. And while the US rescued her and millions of her fellow countrymen, they’ve learned precisely zero lessons about why they failed, and think America is the fundamentally flawed country. Why on earth do people support her?
And although you absolutely refuse to consider the entire Trump quote, it’s pretty clear to me that he made a clumsy, classless statement, with this cold hard truth at the core.

So it's cool for people who were born here to think that America is a fundamentally flawed country, but not immigrants?

I posted Trump's entire tweet subsequent to this and you continued your flip flop on which Congresswomen he's talking about whether than address his actual words. In fact, you continually refer to Ilhan Omar and make a case that she's not fit to serve, while in fact Trump never named her. Odd how that works.

howeda7

Reaction score
So it's cool for people who were born here to think that America is a fundamentally flawed country, but not immigrants?

I posted Trump's entire tweet subsequent to this and you continued your flip flop on which Congresswomen he's talking about whether than address his actual words.
In fact, you continually refer to Ilhan Omar and make a case that she's not fit to serve, while in fact Trump never named her. Odd how that works.

So, I guess it's fair to say that Trump's statement is at least 3/4 racist based on the Fellas logic?

Section2

Reaction score

I posted Trump's entire tweet subsequent to this and you continued your flip flop on which Congresswomen he's talking about whether than address his actual words. In fact, you continually refer to Ilhan Omar and make a case that she's not fit to serve, while in fact Trump never named her. Odd how that works.

I think I stated my point perfectly well. Your need to restate it is not granted. What about my post with respect to Omar was unclear?

I didn't flip flop at all. And I addressed the actual words. I don't like the tweet, and I can only defend the remarks in the context of Omar. He didn't say her by name, but he has more than once in the past month. Since you keep wanting to shift the discussion away from Omar, is it safe to infer that you don't think the statement is racist or even wrong, had he just mentioned her by name?

has he ever mentioned Ayanna Presley or Tlaib?

Section2

Reaction score
So, I guess it's fair to say that Trump's statement is at least 3/4 racist based on the Fellas logic?

"Your ideas suck, they will fail, if you disagree go back to where you're from and prove me wrong and then come back" is classless and unpresidential but not racist. And you all know it, which is why you cut the quote in half.

justthefacts

Reaction score
I think I stated my point perfectly well. Your need to restate it is not granted. What about my post with respect to Omar was unclear?

I didn't flip flop at all. And I addressed the actual words. I don't like the tweet, and I can only defend the remarks in the context of Omar. He didn't say her by name, but he has more than once in the past month. Since you keep wanting to shift the discussion away from Omar, is it safe to infer that you don't think the statement is racist or even wrong, had he just mentioned her by name?

has he ever mentioned Ayanna Presley or Tlaib?

He specifically mentioned AOC today. So I guess she's included. And she was born in American to American parents. Including her as someone who needs to go back to her country is racist.

As for the Omar part, I answered that.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?88916-Nancy-Pelosi&p=1761056#post1761056

Also, a reminder:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I keep wanting to not shift the discussion away from Omar, but rather to include the people he so obviously meant to include. Even if you deny the fact that you yourself referenced those 4, and deny the fact he was responding to something on TV, and deny the fact that they're often thought of together, you cannot deny the fact that if he intended to include only Ilhan Omar he would not have said "Congresswomen," "Countries," and "Governments." By choosing to only focus on Omar, you're deliberately ignoring the fact he was talking about multiple people.

Section2

Reaction score
He specifically mentioned AOC today. So I guess she's included. And she was born in American to American parents. Including her as someone who needs to go back to her country is racist.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/boards/showthread.php?88916-Nancy-Pelosi&p=1761056#post1761056

Also, a reminder:

<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

I keep wanting to not shift the discussion away from Omar, but rather to include the people he so obviously meant to include. Even if you deny the fact that you yourself referenced those 4, and deny the fact he was responding to something on TV, and deny the fact that they're often thought of together, you cannot deny the fact that if he intended to include only Ilhan Omar he would not have said "Congresswomen," "Countries," and "Governments." By choosing to only focus on Omar, you're deliberately ignoring the fact he was talking about multiple people.

Ah, he mentioned AOC today? Did he say "go back to your country of origin?" "I guess she's included" would be a guess on your part. I still don't understand getting outraged over an inference and a guess. But you do you.

Obviously, but not stated. If that's what your outrage is dependent on, you aren't dealing in facts.

It's not a fact.

He didn't even mention Omar.

DEGopher

Reaction score

Also, a reminder:

I agree, you can't deny any of that. He was clearly referring to "The Squad," and calling them out for their radical ideology, in an insensitive and ignorant tweet.

Section2

Reaction score
I agree, you can't deny any of that. He was clearly referring to "The Squad," and calling them out for their radical ideology, in an insensitive and ignorant tweet.

I think he probably was too. However, he didn't state any names. If he stated a singular, and referred to Omar, is it still insensitive and ignorant? JTF is signalling to us, "no, that would be no problem".

justthefacts

Reaction score
I think he probably was too. However, he didn't state any names. If he stated a singular, and referred to Omar, is it still insensitive and ignorant? JTF is signalling to us, "no, that would be no problem".

I replied to that twice already including my last post. You're signaling to us that you refuse to read the positions of others, instead saving your energy for twisting yourself into knots on who he's talking about.

DEGopher

Reaction score
If he stated a singular, and referred to Omar, is it still insensitive and ignorant? JTF is signalling to us, "no, that would be no problem".

If it was just directed at Omar, still insensitive, but not ignorant.

Section2

Reaction score
I replied to that twice already including my last post. You're signaling to us that you refuse to read the positions of others, instead saving your energy for twisting yourself into knots on who he's talking about.

Nope, your response was a straw man. I don't have to twist any knots, he didn't specify. You're guessing.

Section2

Reaction score
If it was just directed at Omar, still insensitive, but not ignorant.

But not outrage inducing, and the fellas feed off of the outrage. "Hey, that was an insensitive tweet" is accurate, but not enough.

DEGopher

Reaction score
But not outrage inducing, and the fellas feed off of the outrage. "Hey, that was an insensitive tweet" is accurate, but not enough.

Ah yes, their phony outrage. Trump's tweet is a big deal, but when Tlaib made the "We’re going to impeach the MF’er, don’t worry!” statement, they just silently cheered her on.

You ask them why the double standard, and they nonsensically throw out the race card.

howeda7

Reaction score
The word "racism" now, literally has less meaning than the word "literally"

Everyone outside of The Fellas and their RWNJ echo chamber is finally calling Trump out for what he is. I'm not sure why it bothers you. You're getting everything you wanted from him, right?

Section2

Reaction score
Everyone outside of The Fellas and their RWNJ echo chamber is finally calling Trump out for what he is. I'm not sure why it bothers you. You're getting everything you wanted from him, right?

Finally! Nobody called him a racist before this week. Finally!

Deleted_User

Reaction score
Finally! Nobody called him a racist before this week. Finally!

The history of Donald J Trump is full of racist incidents. There have been several people who have called him racist. Let's start with his real estate.

In the 1970's, the US Department of Justice sued DJT for racial discrimination in housing. The list of charges of discrimination against Trump is a long one. That is simply the first of several cases. Should we list them all or is in unnecessary and you concede the point?

Section2

Reaction score
The history of Donald J Trump is full of racist incidents. There have been several people who have called him racist. Let's start with his real estate.

In the 1970's, the US Department of Justice sued DJT for racial discrimination in housing. The list of charges of discrimination against Trump is a long one. That is simply the first of several cases. Should we list them all or is in unnecessary and you concede the point?

So, just like me, you also disagree with Howie. And you agree with me.

Or did you get so excited to try to dunk on me that you weren't even aware of the discussion? Oh how sad Dean.

justthefacts

Reaction score

justthefacts

Reaction score

Top Bottom