Maturi you're kidding right?

gopherpride32

Reaction score
What a joke? You waited your sweet ass time, telling us that it was going to be a "Tubby Smith" hire and change the program. And we thought the "Tubby Smith" hire was going to be a Mike Leach, Jim Harbaugh, Dan Mullen, or Chris Petersen. But no, you hire a guy that looks like he works behind a McDonald's counter. This guy has had some good seasons, but he can't recruit. I'm sorry, but nobody in Minnesota will want to play for this man. And if no Minnesotan wants to, then it will be tough to get athletes from Texas, Florida, or California. I just can't believe the University is allowing this, Mike Leach said he would come here. He would be the "Tubby Smith" hire and excite everything around Gopher Football. I'm sorry, but the Gophers will continue being one of the jokes of the Big Ten.

Or a Venables even a Chryst, but Maturi hired the second best HC in the MAC Champ game.

well, let's see what happens, most are saying wait considering tressel turned out pretty well.

Tressel was a national title winning head coach at Youngstown State prior to the Ohio State gig. Kind of different.

Tressel was a national title winning head coach at Youngstown State prior to the Ohio State gig. Kind of different.

Yeah, spending several years as an assistant at major college football programs and then going on to win 4 nation titles at a 1-AA program is a little bit different than Kill's resume.

Top Bottom