Match 2: Gophers v Texas in Milwaukee (9-2-24)

We are in the same spot as yesterday up 2-1 and losing the fourth set. Just limit the errors and finish some of those kill and this would've been an upset win. Smh😔

This 5th set has had massive swings. We need to get this point to stop the bleeding a bit. Let's goooo! Good timeout at 7-5.

Go Gophers!!

The only people who thought the Gophers would beat Texas was probably all in that visiting locker room. Gophers proving everyone wrong.

Outstanding victory! I'm really liking this team so far. Great energy, better body language, improving middle offense, more aggressive serving... What a bounce back after that horrid 4th set.

It's too bad that Hanson was buried behind Landfair (and Wucherer) last year. I thought I saw somewhere that Cook said, in hindsight, that he probably should have subbed more last year. Which made me a little surprised that we didn't see Crowl or Acevedo sub in for Grote and Wucherer tonight - even if just briefly.

Schaffmaster and Hanson both looked great.

I'm not just excited that we logged a win against the number 1 team, but (the awful 4th set meltdown aside), we really looked like we can beat them. Sometimes in an upset, it feels like a team gets some breaks, or catches the opponent on an off night, and you don't really feel like you'd be likely to repeat it. Last night, we were able to impose our will on offense, and battle with (and outplay) Texas when both teams were playing well.

Don't want to overreact to one game, but it feels like we should be able to contend with anyone based on what we saw last night.

Also, as a Gopher fan of many sports, it feels really good to be trying to talk myself out of not overreacting to a great win instead of not talking myself out of not overreacting to a bad loss. It's a refreshing change of pace.

Schaffmaster and Hanson both looked great.

I'm not just excited that we logged a win against the number 1 team, but (the awful 4th set meltdown aside), we really looked like we can beat them. Sometimes in an upset, it feels like a team gets some breaks, or catches the opponent on an off night, and you don't really feel like you'd be likely to repeat it. Last night, we were able to impose our will on offense, and battle with (and outplay) Texas when both teams were playing well.

Don't want to overreact to one game, but it feels like we should be able to contend with anyone based on what we saw last night.

Also, as a Gopher fan of many sports, it feels really good to be trying to talk myself out of not overreacting to a great win instead of not talking myself out of not overreacting to a bad loss. It's a refreshing change of pace.

This, so much this!

Playing better as a team. As much as I like Landfair in the front row she cannot play all six positions. Her loss may be a positive both in eliminating a major weak spot but also helping becoming a true team

Playing better as a team. As much as I like Landfair in the front row she cannot play all six positions. Her loss may be a positive both in eliminating a major weak spot but also helping becoming a true team
Trying to use her as a six rotation player was one of the more curious coaching decisions I've seen.

Top Bottom