Mass exodus at Wichita State

Grant Sherfield among them
Get him, Greenlee probably leaves, have Mashburn take the backup PG minutes next year. If Carr leaves after next year (which I doubt but who knows), Sherfield takes the reins. If Carr stays, we actually have PG depth for once. I'd take it if we can't get Walton.

Get him, Greenlee probably leaves, have Mashburn take the backup PG minutes next year. If Carr leaves after next year (which I doubt but who knows), Sherfield takes the reins. If Carr stays, we actually have PG depth for once. I'd take it if we can't get Walton.
Sold me! Take him and Walton and a big strapping post player!

What happened at Wichita State??

I read one article and it sounded like Marshall was calling them out for being me first players. Sounds like some of the players didn't like his assessment, or maybe didn't like that he made that assessment.

Marshall has always seemed like a Bobby Knight type to me. Pretty hyper and hard nosed. The one guy who spoke publicly talked about it not being just a players problem and the coaching staff needed to take some responsibility as well. One thing he mentioned was a "one mistake and you're pulled" policy that had players walking on egg shells.

The coach may be right that there is some selfishness on the team, but it's not possible to just yell it out of them anymore. A little more mentoring and a little less imposition of authority has a better chance at succeeding. This is officially a pattern. Three years in a row multiple players have walked on Wichita. Time for Marshall and company to look in the mirror.

Looks like Gophers and Shockers could be major competitors on the recruiting trail this spring.

Marshall has always seemed like a Bobby Knight type to me. Pretty hyper and hard nosed. The one guy who spoke publicly talked about it not being just a players problem and the coaching staff needed to take some responsibility as well. One thing he mentioned was a "one mistake and you're pulled" policy that had players walking on egg shells.

The coach may be right that there is some selfishness on the team, but it's not possible to just yell it out of them anymore. A little more mentoring and a little less imposition of authority has a better chance at succeeding. This is officially a pattern. Three years in a row multiple players have walked on Wichita. Time for Marshall and company to look in the mirror.

Looks like Gophers and Shockers could be major competitors on the recruiting trail this spring.
Thanks for the info. If it is us against the Shockers, considering this blow back, I like our chances! That many players walking away all at once speaks volumes. I am surprised because I thought Marshall was pretty well thought of by players and would have been happy to see us go after him.

Top Bottom