Mason defense, Kill defense.

Reaction score
Mirror each other. The cornerbacks never turn to look for the ball and they struggle to
get inside position. Our defensive line does not get a push on the QB and the DE's are over matched because they're so light. I think our LB play has improved over last year but we still get out of position. You noticed Devonte Campbell played very little versus Manual. You had to feel for #22,Jeramey Baltazar. He got torched all day. So
halfway through the year we have a Mason type defense, but no where near as good of offense. I was encouraged by Leidner's play today, but the play calling by Limey was horrendous. He played to keep the score within reason. That is discredit to the kids. In conclusion and IMO, the current team is somewhere between Brewster reign
and Mason's tenure in regards to ON THE FIELD performance in 2-1/2 years. Can we be satisfied as Gopher fans with that? Stay turned folks, the next 6 games are going to be interesting in in the overall grand scheme of Gopher football.

Mirror each other. The cornerbacks never turn to look for the ball and they struggle to
get inside position. Our defensive line does not get a push on the QB and the DE's are over matched because they're so light. I think our LB play has improved over last year but we still get out of position. You noticed Devonte Campbell played very little versus Manual. You had to feel for #22,Jeramey Baltazar. He got torched all day. So
halfway through the year we have a Mason type defense, but no where near as good of offense. I was encouraged by Leidner's play today, but the play calling by Limey was horrendous. He played to keep the score within reason. That is discredit to the kids. In conclusion and IMO, the current team is somewhere between Brewster reign
and Mason's tenure in regards to ON THE FIELD performance in 2-1/2 years. Can we be satisfied as Gopher fans with that? Stay turned folks, the next 6 games are going to be interesting in in the overall grand scheme of Gopher football.

i hate our dline scheme. its extremely easy to block imo. we have a beast of an athlete in hageman but his job is to strictly to go up field and same goes for our entire dline. they need to be running stunts and dropping guys into coverage while bringing linebackers. this is stuff we see at the jv level. instead many want to believe either we have no talent or our players are too dumb. big ten olines can double hageman and relax with the rest of the dline. we rarely bring pressure or try to confuse the offenses we play. it appears our philosophy is to just "out physical" the opposition when we dont have the horses to do so.

i dont feel like we are better than last season and im starting to think there is a real chance we go 0-8. we arent going to upset anyone playing as conservative as we play. without taking risks we will either be blown out or maybe hang around for a while before things fall apart maybe the score is close or maybe its like today. there should be no fear in making mistakes against teams like michigan, be aggressive and if we lose so be it, but it bothers me worse when it feels like we sat on our hands all game and still got thumped.

At least Mason's Offenses could score...

It's just really difficult for a fanbase who got used to 500yd averages and homerun plays to watch how mediocre to bad our Offenses have been since Brewster was hired...

At least Mason's Offenses could score...

It's just really difficult for a fanbase who got used to 500yd averages and homerun plays to watch how mediocre to bad our Offenses have been since Brewster was hired...

Actually, the spread offense Brewster's first year wasn't that bad. D was terrible that year though. That team showed fire and imagination, at least, which carried over into year 2. After Decker got injured, the wheels fell off the entire Gopher football program (literally, right after Decker got injured, in that very game vs. NU).

The Brewster tenure is eminently forgettable (even though it's difficult to forget for the wrong reasons), but Simmons and Sherels are probably the best set of CBs we've had in the past decade or so.

The current guys are better than Mason's last set (Banks and Harris), but Mason had some pretty good DBs during his tenure as well. We just always seem to be out of sync.

Actually, the spread offense Brewster's first year wasn't that bad. D was terrible that year though. That team showed fire and imagination, at least, which carried over into year 2. After Decker got injured, the wheels fell off the entire Gopher football program (literally, right after Decker got injured, in that very game vs. NU).

I agree it wasn't that bad but I do think we got a lot of garbage time yards when teams took their foot off the gas & people on this board were blind to it & calling us a "2nd half team"...

Top Bottom