Mask mandate

JimmyJamesMD

Reaction score
A single layer provides very little protection, Jimmy?

When did they discover this? Not what Fauci and Oatmeal told us all year.
Or what some of our friends here on GH said

Gold Vision

Reaction score
Anyone else just start wearing masks outside because it’s f-in cold in Minnesota during the winter? I want to rip it off when I get indoors, but I’m enjoying the social acceptance of wearing masks in the winter.

howeda7

Reaction score
Oh no😯, I expect hundreds will take their own life so they don't have to deal with this oppression....
Do Vikings fans on Sunday still have to wear a mask under their paper bags?

Spoofin

Reaction score
Anyone else just start wearing masks outside because it’s f-in cold in Minnesota during the winter? I want to rip it off when I get indoors, but I’m enjoying the social acceptance of wearing masks in the winter.
LOL. On a couple cold mornings I wore one to walk the dog. COVID cloth masks work perfect for keeping the face warm without getting all wet like ski-masks do.

Go4Broke

Reaction score
Cloth Masks have NEVER been enough but they will ALWAYS be better than Nothing. Cloth masks plus social distancing (space & time) provide good protection from covid. It's logical, common sense, and you're a moron if you believe anything else. Being anti-mask is the same as being anti-vaccine. They are anti-science and right-wing political dogma. Republicans go along with them because they're afraid not to.

1641822676375.png

Last edited:

KGF

Reaction score
Cloth Masks have NEVER been enough but they will ALWAYS be better than nothing. Cloth masks plus social distancing are very good protection from covid. It's logical, common sense, and you're a moron if you believe anything else. Being anti-mask is the same as being anti-vaccine. They are anti-science and right-wing political dogma. Republicans go along with it because they are afraid not to.

View attachment 16423
Great. If you get an N95 you can really protect yourself. Even if you just wear a surgical mask, you can protect yourself 100% better (time exposure wise) against others choosing not to.

Outdoors, you’re probably almost entirely protected.

You control you own health and take whatever precautions that you find necessary.

Wally

Reaction score
Great. If you get an N95 you can really protect yourself. Even if you just wear a surgical mask, you can protect yourself 100% better (time exposure wise) against others choosing not to.

Outdoors, you’re probably almost entirely protected.

You control you own health and take whatever precautions that you find necessary.

The problem is, masking really hasn't been about protecting yourself or even those around you. It's really a statistics lesson in protecting society by slowing down a massive overwhelming surge of disease.

I get it, righties don't care about anyone but #1 so this is a foreign language to you.

To be honest I don't care anymore either, everyone I care about is vaccinated and now the best thing for society in my mind is everyone getting Covid. We get herd immunity and natural selection, perfect.

Gambling is fun, I will just keep my fingers crossed that no one I care about needs medical attention until this surge is over.
The true victims aren't antivax idiots dying its the people getting substandard medical care because of these idiots.

howeda7

Reaction score
Cloth Masks have NEVER been enough but they will ALWAYS be better than Nothing. Cloth masks plus social distancing (space & time) provide good protection from covid. It's logical, common sense, and you're a moron if you believe anything else. Being anti-mask is the same as being anti-vaccine. They are anti-science and right-wing political dogma. Republicans go along with them because they're afraid not to.

View attachment 16423
I don't know why this is so hard for some people to understand....

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
It's still mind blowing that we're this far into this and we still don't have better masks available to everyone. Cloth masks were probably ok early on but not having surgical and n95 masks more available is a big failure.

Wally

Reaction score
Because it’s not true. Cloth masks do nothing. If they worked, covid stats would look very different. And not only do they not work…

That's a typical 14 year old girl. Maybe cutting herself would be better than a mask...

It's still mind blowing that we're this far into this and we still don't have better masks available to everyone. Cloth masks were probably ok early on but not having surgical and n95 masks more available is a big failure.

Been saying this since the beginning. But surgical are probably only marginally better if that.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Cloth masks were and are a bad joke, a joke you can’t admit you were dead wrong about.

FormerFatOL

Reaction score
Because it’s not true. Cloth masks do nothing. If they worked, covid stats would look very different. And not only do they not work…

I want into Caribou the other day and struck up a conversation with a nice friendly 17-20 y/o girl cashier who was wearing a substantial mask. The only people wearing masks in the shop were employees. I asked her if she was looking forward to the day that Caribou lifted the mask requirement. She actually answered no and said she enjoyed wearing the mask in public and school, not for protection, but that she just liked wearing it. I felt terrible for her. The Dad in me wanted to hug her and encourage her to let her beautiful persona shine through...but I just smiled and walked out feeling confused.

Wally

Reaction score
I want into Caribou the other day and struck up a conversation with a nice friendly 17-20 y/o girl cashier who was wearing a substantial mask. The only people wearing masks in the shop were employees. I asked her if she was looking forward to the day that Caribou lifted the mask requirement. She actually answered no and said she enjoyed wearing the mask in public and school, not for protection, but that she just liked wearing it. I felt terrible for her. The Dad in me wanted to hug her and encourage her to let her beautiful persona shine through...but I just smiled and walked out feeling confused.

Is it confusing why a woman would feel safer in a mask? And I'm not talking about Covid.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Were probably ok early on? Is that science?
Do you think everyone would have been able to just go out and get N95 or surgical masks right away? Due to supply issues, I think it was fine to use cloth masks because they're still probably better than nothing. But we've had plenty of time to now be recommending the better masks.

Top Bottom