Mask mandate

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Flattening the curve should've been the goal, but for some reason a bunch of states decided to open back up as "normal" before we had accomplished that feat.
A ”bunch of those states” didn’t have the disastrous death totals that those states that did hard shutdowns b/c of high early death totals.

One size fits all strategy is really dumb and would’ve unnecessarily killed businesses in communities and states that weren’t hit hard by CV. The states that were hit later have done a good job of managing to reduce cases and deaths while keeping most of the economy open.

diehard

Reaction score
The eye practioner doesn't understand science. And worse yet he doesn't know he doesnt understand. If you are going to compare numbers you have to compare immune systems. That is the medical reality he is deaf to.

BarnBurner

Banned
Reaction score
You arguing Red vs Blue when it comes to an INFECTIOUS DISEASE shows how utterly inept your critical thinking skills are. If you haven't noticed, not a single argument I have made on here had anything to do with political affiliation. A virus doesn't give a s*** if you are wearing a Biden hat or a Trump hat, dumbo.
Doesn’t give a rip if you are wearing a mask, either.

mplarson7

Reaction score
Doesn’t give a rip if you are wearing a mask, either.
It actually does. There have been many studies demonstrating how mask usage disrupts air currents, and for a virus that spreads via respiratory droplets, that is quite significant.

You just like to listen to politics, not science.

mplarson7

Reaction score
A ”bunch of those states” didn’t have the disastrous death totals that those states that did hard shutdowns b/c of high early death totals.

One size fits all strategy is really dumb and would’ve unnecessarily killed businesses in communities and states that weren’t hit hard by CV. The states that were hit later have done a good job of managing to reduce cases and deaths while keeping most of the economy open.
Yeah, and they probably shouldn't have opened up since unrestricted state-to-state travel is kind of a thing.

mplarson7

Reaction score
You were arguing that a country‘s leader (New Zealand) managed CV better than our country’s leader. I just regionalized it for the US to dole out blame that you so desperately want to assign to Trump.

Are you saying that governors have no responsibility in the management of CV19? If they don’t, why should Trump, or whoever you are blaming in OUR government, assume all the blame? He doesn’t have authority over the states.

So if you want someone to blame, blame Cuomo and Murphy and a few other Dem governors.
You are putting words into my mouth that I didn't say.

I blamed government as a whole. Trump is to blame, many state governors are to blame.

Is this how you argue? But making up statements?

BarnBurner

Banned
Reaction score
It actually does. There have been many studies demonstrating how mask usage disrupts air currents, and for a virus that spreads via respiratory droplets, that is quite significant.

You just like to listen to politics, not science.
China. Wears masks for decades. Virus spread. Science.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You are putting words into my mouth that I didn't say.

I blamed government as a whole. Trump is to blame, many state governors are to blame.

Is this how you argue? But making up statements?
What words am I putting in your mouth?

You’re blaming Trump and governors who didn’t shut down? Who could those governors be? Cuomo? No, he shut down. Murphy? No, he shut down too.

DeSantis? Abbott? Ducey? They didn’t shut down.

So you’re blaming the “government as a whole“ except the Democrat governors who shut down.

howie understood what you meant and responded, to which you responded with a Like.

F146B39A-5483-48F3-8935-B58A0FA2CB15.jpeg

But I’m “putting words in your mouth”?

BarnBurner

Banned
Reaction score

You’re blaming Trump and governors who didn’t shut down? Who could those governors be? Cuomo? No, he shut down. Murphy? No, he shut down too.

So you’re blaming the “government as a whole“ except the Democrat governors who shut down.

howie understood what you meant and responded, to which you responded with a Like.

View attachment 9167

Mpls is toxic.

diehard

Reaction score

View attachment 9167

Let's not post about putting things in Howdy's mouth.

mplarson7

Reaction score

View attachment 9167

You are, actually. Blaming government figures for inaction has nothing to do with their political affiliation. Either they did something they should have, or they screwed up. I don't care what letter is behind their name.

The US was stupid as a whole because we elected to turn a public health emergency into a political debate, and you are doubling down on that stupidity super hard.

This is what happens to you when you spend decades brainwashing yourself with political BS.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You are, actually. Blaming government figures for inaction has nothing to do with their political affiliation. Either they did something they should have, or they screwed up. I don't care what letter is behind their name.

The US was stupid as a whole because we elected to turn a public health emergency into a political debate, and you are doubling down on that stupidity super hard.

This is what happens to you when you spend decades brainwashing yourself with political BS.
You are advocating for an authoritarian mandated one-size-fits all government response to CV. Suggesting that New Zealand’s approach was better than ours is very political whether you admit it or not.

We’re not New Zealand. I don’t have an issue with NZ running their country how they see fit, if that’s what their people want. But to suggest that that model would’ve been best for the USA is incredibly ignorant for practical and political reasons.

mplarson7

Reaction score
You are advocating for an authoritarian mandated one-size-fits all government response to CV. Suggesting that New Zealand’s approach was better than ours is very political whether you admit it or not.

We’re not New Zealand. I don’t have an issue with NZ running their country how they see fit, if that’s what their people want. But to suggest that that model would’ve been best for the USA is incredibly ignorant for practical and political reasons.
To think that the US in any way handled this outbreak in appropriate fashion is borderline obscene.

This was not a political issue, and never should have been treated as such. And to see you continue doubling down on it is just proving my point.

BarnBurner

Banned
Reaction score
There would've needed to be some logic in what you said, sweetie. But there wasn't, just lack of any understanding.
Sure thing. One day masks don’t work. The next day masks are the savior. From those same medical experts GII knows.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
To think that the US in any way handled this outbreak in appropriate fashion is borderline obscene.

This was not a political issue, and never should have been treated as such. And to see you continue doubling down on it is just proving my point.
Oh, I don’t think it SHOULD HAVE BEEN a political issue. The Democrats made it one. I haven’t advocated for a political position. I‘ve advocated against one and defended Republicans against political attacks regarding the CV, including your veiled one.

bga1

Reaction score

You don't learn fast. We are a nation of states. States make the decisions and those decisions were based not off of the advice of Trump but from Fauci and company. Second we are a nation of fatties.
We have close to 40% obesity. Much of it in the minority populations. Obesity is a direct factor in deaths and hospitalization for covid. The biggest mistakes were made in blue states- Minnesota, New York, New Jersey where nursing homes were not protected.

Take heart though, if Biden gets in, you get your wish. He is going to mask you up or fine you and he is going to shut the economy down. Yea!

BarnBurner

Banned
Reaction score
You don't learn fast. We are a nation of states. States make the decisions and those decisions were based not off of the advice of Trump but from Fauci and company. Second we are a nation of fatties.
We have close to 40% obesity. Much of it in the minority populations. Obesity is a direct factor in deaths and hospitalization for covid. The biggest mistakes were made in blue states- Minnesota, New York, New Jersey where nursing homes were not protected.
#7 is simply a Trump hater, nothing more.

mplarson7

Reaction score

Take heart though, if Biden gets in, you get your wish. He is going to mask you up or fine you and he is going to shut the economy down. Yea!
Why yes, we are. A nation of states who make decisions on their own without any consideration for their fellow states or citizens. You might celebrate the hyper-individualism, but it's resulted in us being unable to resolve issues that face all of us.

Your second sentence is an outright lie however, many states went against the recommendations of Fauci and company. They fully opened up their economies without doing it in a safe manner...and those states just so happened to be the focal point of Covid after New York and New Jersey got their situations stabilized.

And again, since you ignored this the last time, I was pointing out on Gopherhole in March that obesity was a risk factor and that's why an outbreak in the US would not go well. You going to ignore this a second time too?

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Another Democrat politician hypocrite. Do as I say, not as I do. What a surprise.
What the hell is she talking about. So Covid takes the day off when you are watching people perform that have not for 20 years. It reminds me of Otter’s speech in animal house. All that time to say absolutely nothing.

balds

Reaction score
What the hell is she talking about. So Covid takes the day off when you are watching people perform that have not for 20 years. It reminds me of Otter’s speech in animal house. All that time to say absolutely nothing.

Simple solution: Re-write the mask mandate to provide an exemption for when you are "feeling it".

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Simple solution: Re-write the mask mandate to provide an exemption for when you are "feeling it".
It may be simpler to give lefty elites exemption from any and all government Covid mandates. They appear to be quite comfortable with that interpretation of their own rules.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score

John Galt

Reaction score

How could the “US response to an issue” not be political? Politicians are making the decisions.

Costa Rican Gopher

Mind of a Scientist
Reaction score
Another Democrat politician hypocrite. Do as I say, not as I do. What a surprise.

It's not that they're hypocrites. It's that masks for the peasants, and the elites are exempt.

They know masks don't work, and it's nothing but a control mechanism. Believe me, if they genuinely believed their lives were at risk from Covid, and that a mask could save ther lives, they'd be wearing them.

Top Bottom