Mask mandate

BarnBurner

Reaction score
No lockdown of any proportion was/is ever going to stop COVID. Lockdowns only extend the length of misery to no medical purpose. Political science, not medical science. Don't let them fool you. A safe vaccinine is years away. Do NOT take the ones being developed. They are mRNA vaccines. Do not take it! China waited to have a "cure" before it was released. They will not give it to us. If we get it, it will be at great cost.
Jam Jam Clan hasn't grasped this yet......

Section2

Reaction score
The Fellas and their loss of "liberties" are the true victims of Covid.
I don't feel like a victim, no matter how many times you try to frame it that way. Liberties are essentially to human happiness, so I don't poo poo them away as some trivial concern.

mplarson7

Reaction score
You are too foolish or dishonest to admit that the major problem is obesity, lock downs and poor management of the nursing homes (hello Walz and Cuomo). People get the disease from extended contact, usually in excess of 30 minutes with others who have it (trapped indoors). People suffer from the disease generally when they are overweight or very old. It's not surprising that your hero is the governor that did the absolute worst job of managing the corona virus - Cuomo. But don't worry, he is willing to buy rich people dinner if they will come back to the state he and Deblasio have ruined.

Do some research on obesity by nation- then compare that to success at stopping the corona virus by nation. The only outlier I can find to the trend is Germany and they are getting it again now that people have grown sick and tired of the lock downs. When you have studied come back and post.
You should do some research of your own. I said in March that obesity was a risk factor, which is one of the reasons I said from the beginning that an outbreak in the US would not be a good thing.

In fact, I said that around the same time that you assured me you understood Covid better than me and guaranteed to me that there would be a max of 18k deaths.

mplarson7

Reaction score
Horrible idea. New Zealand, the ideal place to try this thought they won with that strategy and now it is back as it always was going to be.

Sweden, after a bad start with their care facilities, did this right. They are done with far less economic and psychological damage. They didn't lie to their people like our governors did and they treated the people like adults.
Poor New Zealand. Their 7-day moving average is at a whopping 10 cases per day, they failed so hard compared to us. :)

howeda7

Reaction score
Poor New Zealand. Their 7-day moving average is at a whopping 10 cases per day, they failed so hard compared to us. :)
Everyone is making fun of that nasty woman and the terrible job she's doing. :cool:They're amazed by Trump though. He did a travel ban in January. Everyone's still talking about it.

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score

New Zealand is just the latest example that proves this disease will never go away, even after it had appeared to 'disappear' for over 100 days.

Section2

Reaction score
Everyone is making fun of that nasty woman and the terrible job she's doing. :cool:They're amazed by Trump though. He did a travel ban in January. Everyone's still talking about it.
Now do Kristi Noem, hack.

mplarson7

Reaction score
New Zealand is just the latest example that proves this disease will never go away, even after it had appeared to 'disappear' for over 100 days.
New Zealand is also an example of how you can mitigate the spread instead of letting it run rampant while going "oh well, nothing we can do."

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
New Zealand is also an example of how you can mitigate the spread instead of letting it run rampant while going "oh well, nothing we can do."

If only the US was one of the most isolated island countries in the world. And decided to use the military to force isolation of positive cases in a hotel...

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
If only the US was one of the most isolated island countries in the world. And decided to use the military to force isolation of positive cases in a hotel...
Not to mention 1/66th the population of the US and a bunch of other differences.

mplarson7

Reaction score
Indeed, how embarrassing that they actually acted to subdue an outbreak. Absolutely appalling of them, they should've let it have it's way with their population.

mplarson7

Reaction score
Not to mention 1/66th the population of the US and a bunch of other differences.
Sure, let's normalize for population.

New Zealand
Cases per million population: 334
Deaths per million population: 4

United States
Cases per million population: 17, 498
Deaths per million population: 541

Damn, New Zealand sucked so hard compared to us!

In before you say, "You can't do that!"

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Indeed, how embarrassing that they actually acted to subdue an outbreak. Absolutely appalling of them, they should've let it have it's way with their population.
So you wanted military style lock downs and a closure of all services for 7 weeks for a country with 330 million people. Just remember people didn’t want federal troops in Portland to stop destroying property. Or they didn’t want federal Troops in Chicago to stop people from shooting each other. Plus I have been told by many people that the president is not a dictator and can not implement that sort of lock down. Have been told that states have rights too and that governors know best how to handle the situation.

mplarson7

Reaction score
So you wanted military style lock downs and a closure of all services for 7 weeks for a country with 330 million people. Just remember people didn’t want federal troops in Portland to stop destroying property. Or they didn’t want federal Troops in Chicago to stop people from shooting each other. Plus I have been told by many people that the president is not a dictator and can not implement that sort of lock down. Have been told that states have rights too and that governors know best how to handle the situation.
Nope, much better to throw up our hands and say "Oh no! Can't do anything" and let the situation run completely out of our control.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

New Zealand

United States

Normalizing for population doesn’t make all things equal. Not a bright observation.

But if we could’ve only dropped the disastrous states of NY, NJ, Connecticut and Rhode Island run by Democrats, think how much we would improve our numbers.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score

New Zealand

United States

Fiji still did better than New Zealand. You must be a racist and hate POC b/c you‘re ignoring them.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Nope, much better to throw up our hands and say "Oh no! Can't do anything" and let the situation run completely out of our control.
I’m not saying that but how was the US going to implement a 7 week lock down of all services when all the states wanted to do their own thing.

mplarson7

Reaction score
Normalizing for population doesn’t make all things equal. Not a bright observation.

But if we could’ve only dropped the disastrous states of NY, NJ, Connecticut and Rhode Island run by Democrats, think how much we would improve our numbers.
If you don't want to compare via population metrics, you probably shouldn't bring up population then.

Attaching the case curves for New York and New Jersey. Have at it and complain about the Democratic leadership some more.

Attachments

• New York curve.PNG
    New York curve.PNG
    26 KB · Views: 1
  • New Jersey curve.PNG
    New Jersey curve.PNG
    28.7 KB · Views: 1

mplarson7

Reaction score
I’m not saying that but how was the US going to implement a 7 week lock down of all services when all the states wanted to do their own thing.
Reading between the lines, I would say you are suggesting there was a level of dysfunction for how our government approached the pandemic, in which case I would agree.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
If you don't want to compare via population metrics, you probably shouldn't bring up population then.

Attaching the case curves for New York and New Jersey. Have at it and complain about the Democratic leadership some more.
Look at the purple line below. That‘s the US deaths per capita, including those four states. Imagine how it would compare if we could subtract those 4 states disastrous death totals.

C4454A54-6304-42D4-B79A-BB64F480DDED.jpeg

Don’t be dumb. This isn’t an argument that you can win.

mplarson7

Reaction score
Look at the purple line below. That‘s the US deaths per capita, including those four states. Imagine how it would compare if we could subtract those 4 states disastrous death totals.

View attachment 9163

Don’t be dumb. This isn’t an argument that you can win.
It's an argument I've been winning since March, cuz science that you shills couldn't comprehend and still can't 5 months later.

USA case curve, go ahead and compare it to the states who have Democratic leadership you've been criticizing.

Attachments

• USA case curve.PNG
    USA case curve.PNG
    32.1 KB · Views: 1

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
It's an argument I've been winning since March, cuz science that you shills couldn't comprehend and still can't 5 months later.

USA case curve, go ahead and compare it to the states who have Democratic leadership you've been criticizing.
So you want to compare confirmed cases from March and April to the number of confirmed cases in July and August when we’re doing multiple times testing than we were then? Seriously?

mplarson7

Reaction score
So you want to compare confirmed cases from March and April to the number of confirmed cases in July and August when we’re doing multiple times testing than we were then? Seriously?
Yes, seriously.

Why was increased testing needed? Because we did jack s*** and didn't cut the infection rate off at the knees at the beginning like we could have. If we had locked down properly in the first place, increased testing wouldn't have been needed.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
Yes, seriously.

Why was increased testing need? Because we did jack s*** and didn't cut the infection rate off at the knees at the beginning like we could have. If we had locked down properly in the first place, increased testing wouldn't have been needed.
That’s not really the point genius. If you don’t have as much testing in the spring as you do in the late summer, you’re not going to be able to compare confirmed cases b/c many cases were not tested and confirmed.

But here is something that is far more comparable. Deaths per million from worst down to the US average. Most of the Red states are below that US average.

5674A504-6BF1-4CF1-98B8-AED6347E1694.jpeg

mplarson7

Reaction score
That’s not really the point genius. If you don’t have as much testing in the spring as you do in the late summer, you’re not going to be able to compare confirmed cases b/c many cases were not tested and confirmed.

But here is something that is far more comparable. Deaths per million from worst down to the US average. Most of the Red states are below that US average.

View attachment 9165
You arguing Red vs Blue when it comes to an INFECTIOUS DISEASE shows how utterly inept your critical thinking skills are. If you haven't noticed, not a single argument I have made on here had anything to do with political affiliation. A virus doesn't give a s*** if you are wearing a Biden hat or a Trump hat, dumbo.

From the Parkinglot

Reaction score
Reading between the lines, I would say you are suggesting there was a level of dysfunction for how our government approached the pandemic, in which case I would agree.
Yes they didn’t protect the most vulnerable people. Also I ave no idea what the goal is anymore. Are we flattening the curve, are we waiting until no one dies from the disease, are we waiting for hospitals to have PPE stuff to last 4 years, or are we still bulking ventilators. What is the goal we are trying to accomplish because they seem to change by the day depending on what the data says. Deaths down but positive tests up that’s not good enough. Deaths up but positive tests down that’s not good enough. ICU usage down but cases up that’s not good. WHAT ARE WE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH.

mplarson7

Reaction score
Yes they didn’t protect the most vulnerable people. Also I ave no idea what the goal is anymore. Are we flattening the curve, are we waiting until no one dies from the disease, are we waiting for hospitals to have PPE stuff to last 4 years, or are we still bulking ventilators. What is the goal we are trying to accomplish because they seem to change by the day depending on what the data says. Deaths down but positive tests up that’s not good enough. Deaths up but positive tests down that’s not good enough. ICU usage down but cases up that’s not good. WHAT ARE WE TRYING TO ACCOMPLISH.
Flattening the curve should've been the goal, but for some reason a bunch of states decided to open back up as "normal" before we had accomplished that feat.

KillerGopherFan

Reaction score
You arguing Red vs Blue when it comes to an INFECTIOUS DISEASE shows how utterly inept your critical thinking skills are. If you haven't noticed, not a single argument I have made on here had anything to do with political affiliation. A virus doesn't give a s*** if you are wearing a Biden hat or a Trump hat, dumbo.
You were arguing that a country‘s leader (New Zealand) managed CV better than our country’s leader. I just regionalized it for the US to dole out blame that you so desperately want to assign to Trump.

Are you saying that governors have no responsibility in the management of CV19? If they don’t, why should Trump, or whoever you are blaming in OUR government, assume all the blame? He doesn’t have authority over the states.

So if you want someone to blame, blame Cuomo and Murphy and a few other Dem governors.

Top Bottom