Mask mandate

Section2

Reaction score
Many freedoms have been taken away for years for public health sake, why is this all of a sudden the tipping point for some? To me it's such a minor thing and in many cases isn't really being monitored closely, except at private businesses.
the speed with which things have changed in this country in just a few months should give everyone pause.

howeda7

Reaction score
The Fellas and their loss of "liberties" are the true victims of Covid.

BarnBurner

Reaction score
It's not my call to make. What do you consider doing business as before? My opinion is the more we can do to try slow the spread, the closer we can get to normalcy.
I realize it is not your call. Doing business pre March 15 or whatever - tough to understand? "WE" have been slowing the spread for how many months now? How long until we stop "slowing the spread"?

LakevilleBro

Reaction score
I saw this online, it was Rod Serling from the Twilight Zone saying "Imagine if you will, a disease so deadly that you had to take a test to see if you even had it?

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
I saw this online, it was Rod Serling from the Twilight Zone saying "Imagine if you will, a disease so deadly that you had to take a test to see if you even had it?
I heard something kinda remotely similar in reference to the "catastrophe" of the Miami Marlins situation a few weeks back. "So a bunch of healthy guys tested positive for a virus that they never would have known they had unless they were getting tested every day?"

mplarson7

Reaction score
I realize it is not your call. Doing business pre March 15 or whatever - tough to understand? "WE" have been slowing the spread for how many months now? How long until we stop "slowing the spread"?
How long has the US been trying to slow the spread? I'd argue zero, since we've done a s*** job of stamping it down on all fronts.

Ogee Oglethorpe

Over Macho Grande?
Reaction score
Our "lockdown" was 50% of what it should've been, at max.
Why didn't you tell Nancy this when she was urging people to flock to ChinaTown when this thing was getting it's legs? Or when Cuomo/DiBlasio were urging people in NY to go about their business and there's nothing to worry about? How could you withhold this valuable information at that time?

I think it's kind of selfish of you really

mplarson7

Reaction score
Why didn't you tell Nancy this when she was urging people to flock to ChinaTown when this thing was getting it's legs? Or when Cuomo/DiBlasio were urging people in NY to go about their business and there's nothing to worry about? How could you withhold this valuable information at that time?

Stupid post.

bga1

Reaction score
How long has the US been trying to slow the spread? I'd argue zero, since we've done a s*** job of stamping it down on all fronts.
I hear that the virus is worldwide. Maybe that's just a rumor. We are a nation of fattys. Obesity it a major, major factor in the inability to stop this disease from harming people. The worst of the worst hit are Democrat cities.

WhoFellDownTheGopherHole?

Reaction score

You're talking about basically two uncertain weeks of decisions at the very beginning vs Trumps 4 MONTHS of doing everything possible to discredit the virus and to try to make masks and distancing and basic precautions seem usless.

Thanks for pointing out that huge disparity. Not sure that worked how you intended.

mplarson7

Reaction score
I hear that the virus is worldwide. Maybe that's just a rumor. We are a nation of fattys. Obesity it a major, major factor in the inability to stop this disease from harming people. The worst of the worst hit are Democrat cities.
The worst hit are cities due to a more crowded population, the political affiliation of them is highly irrelevant. But I don't expect you to understand that, you'd rather be celebrating more deaths.

LakerFan

Reaction score
Our "lockdown" was 50% of what it should've been, at max.

50% of what it should have been for 500% too long. I would have supported much more draconian lock down if it had a short and defined window. Should have said, people stock up your larders, fill your liquor cabinet, we are going 14 days country wide lock down starting in 5 days, close it all, have emergency services only. Instead we designated 80% of jobs as critical half shut down for 5 months and are desperately trying to prevent the reasonably healthy low risk population from ever reaching herd immunity and every week that drags on is another week where a healthy person with covid can potentially transmit to an unhealthy person in a LTC facility and start another waterfall of deaths.

mplarson7

Reaction score
50% of what it should have been for 500% too long. I would have supported much more draconian lock down if it had a short and defined window. Should have said, people stock up your larders, fill your liquor cabinet, we are going 14 days country wide lock down starting in 5 days, close it all, have emergency services only. Instead we designated 80% of jobs as critical half shut down for 5 months and are desperately trying to prevent the reasonably healthy low risk population from ever reaching herd immunity and every week that drags on is another week where a healthy person with covid can potentially transmit to an unhealthy person in a LTC facility and start another waterfall of deaths.
I absolutely agree with this.

diehard

Reaction score
Being high risk and exposed to thousands per week due to owning "essential businesses" in a large metro area, I have been exposed countless times. I do not mask. So why am I healthier by the day? CD8 T cells. They also eliminated my cancer in 3 months. Pissed my doctor at the VA off that they never got another chance to kill me. Being well past 65 I do not have a thymus to activate the T cells. I do it through diet. Health fact, not hypothesis.

Last edited:

LesBolstad

Reaction score

Absolutely not realistic or possible in this country; and even if somehow managed it would have done little to nothing to slow the China Flu.

C'mon man.

diehard

Reaction score
You should be absolutely mortified that the lens grinder absolutely agreed with you. Time to rethink. Absolutely.

bga1

Reaction score
The worst hit are cities due to a more crowded population, the political affiliation of them is highly irrelevant. But I don't expect you to understand that, you'd rather be celebrating more deaths.
You are too foolish or dishonest to admit that the major problem is obesity, lock downs and poor management of the nursing homes (hello Walz and Cuomo). People get the disease from extended contact, usually in excess of 30 minutes with others who have it (trapped indoors). People suffer from the disease generally when they are overweight or very old. It's not surprising that your hero is the governor that did the absolute worst job of managing the corona virus - Cuomo. But don't worry, he is willing to buy rich people dinner if they will come back to the state he and Deblasio have ruined.

Do some research on obesity by nation- then compare that to success at stopping the corona virus by nation. The only outlier I can find to the trend is Germany and they are getting it again now that people have grown sick and tired of the lock downs. When you have studied come back and post.

bga1

Reaction score
Horrible idea. New Zealand, the ideal place to try this thought they won with that strategy and now it is back as it always was going to be.

Sweden, after a bad start with their care facilities, did this right. They are done with far less economic and psychological damage. They didn't lie to their people like our governors did and they treated the people like adults.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Doing business will probably never look 100% like pre March. A lot more people will be working from home long-term. Consumer behaviors have changed (i.e. saw an article saying way more people than ever are using online banking features). My guess is we will continue to try to slow the spread until we actually slow the spread enough to where there isn't widespread outbreaks. But there's different levels of "slowing the spread".

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Doing business will probably never look 100% like pre March. A lot more people will be working from home long-term. Consumer behaviors have changed (i.e. saw an article saying way more people than ever are using online banking features). My guess is we will continue to try to slow the spread until we actually slow the spread enough to where there isn't widespread outbreaks. But there's different levels of "slowing the spread".
So the virus needs to run its course........and slowing the spread will be eternal.

LakerFan

Reaction score
Horrible idea. New Zealand, the ideal place to try this thought they won with that strategy and now it is back as it always was going to be.

Sweden, after a bad start with their care facilities, did this right. They are done with far less economic and psychological damage. They didn't lie to their people like our governors did and they treated the people like adults.

I get it, but half measures were never going to work anyway. I'm just saying I would have traded 2 weeks of major lockdown to this never ending B.S. half lockdown. I think this goes on until we either reach herd immunity, get a vaccine that works and is safe/cheap/widely available, or we finally feel the teeth of the economic impact to the point where we just accept that some people are going to die and we can't prevent it without giving up everything that we thought was a temporary inconvenience.

Personally I don't want to live where kids grow up in bubbles, only interact online, people don't congregate in groups larger than 6 or share experiences in crowds over 250. That could become the norm and younger people would adjust. I'm wondering how many of the at risk population (70+ in LTC facilities) are already ready to say "Screw it! If my grand kids hugging me kills me, it kills me, not hugging them is already killing me."

diehard

Reaction score
No lockdown of any proportion was/is ever going to stop COVID. Lockdowns only extend the length of misery to no medical purpose. Political science, not medical science. Don't let them fool you. A safe vaccinine is years away. Do NOT take the ones being developed. They are mRNA vaccines. Do not take it! China waited to have a "cure" before it was released. They will not give it to us. If we get it, it will be at great cost.

Top Bottom