Mask mandate

Wally

Reaction score
Fewer than covid, but H1N1 was more severe for kids than Covid. Covid is more severe to the elderly. I care more about kids than nursing home residents personally.

Euthanasia will fix Covid.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Yes. Vaccine mandates are about protecting others. Taking the vaccine is about trying to prevent variants. It’s about keeping hospitals from being overrun. Why is the left freaking out that people don’t want to take the vaccine?

contrast with public policy on infectious diseases from the H1N1 pandemic? Very very different recommendations. Pure coincidence?
Well now you're arguing mandates. I was talking about the vaccine itself. You brought up "solutions prescribed by public health". Creating the vaccine is one of those solutions. It is a solution that helps protect that person and others.

Why are some freaking out? Because it's better if less people are hospitalized? It's better if less people die? I'd prefer if my loved ones can get the best care possible if they ever have to go to a hospital. That's not always possible if they're already packed.

Can you give examples of the differences in public policies during the H1N1 pandemic?

Go4Broke

Reaction score
How many Americans died of H1N1 again?

Covid-19 is more contagious with more severe symptoms and far more deadly than H1N1.
1642206104729.png

Contagiousness​

COVID-19 is more contagious than 2009 H1N1 influenza. This means that COVID-19 can spread more easily between individuals.

It’s estimated Trusted Source that the R0 for COVID-19 is about 3 while the R0 for 2009 H1N1 influenza is between 1.3 and 1.7. “R0” stands for “basic reproduction number.” It reflects the number of other people who are susceptible to contracting the virus if one person has it.

So, one person who’s developed COVID-19 may potentially transmit the virus to three other people. Meanwhile, a person that has 2009 H1N1 influenza may pass it to between one to two other people.

The period of contagiousness between the two viruses can also vary:
  • Flu: A person who has the fluTrusted Source can typically pass the virus from 1 day before symptoms start until 5 to 7 days after becoming ill.
  • COVID-19: COVID-19Trusted Source can be passed about 2 days before symptoms start. Whether or not symptoms are present, a person can pass the virus for up to 10 days after testing positive.

Symptom onset​

Flu, including the 2009 H1N1 flu, and COVID-19 differ when it comes to symptom onset:

Age group most impacted​

The two pandemics also differed in the age groups that were most impacted:
  • 2009 H1N1 influenza: People under the age of 30Trusted Source were most impacted by the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic. It’s believed that this is due to pre-existing influenza immunity in older people.
  • COVID-19: Adults aged 30 and over have been most impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. Generally speaking, fewer and less severe cases have been observed in younger people.

Illness severity​

It’s estimated that between 94 and 98 percentTrusted Source cases of 2009 H1N1 influenza were mild. Much fewer people experienced severe or critical illness.

A higher percentage of people who develop COVID-19 have severe illness. The WHOTrusted Source estimates that, while COVID-19 is mild 80 percent of the time, 20 percent of people who contract the virus can become seriously or critically ill.

Last edited:

BarnBurner

Reaction score
Well now you're arguing mandates. I was talking about the vaccine itself. You brought up "solutions prescribed by public health". Creating the vaccine is one of those solutions. It is a solution that helps protect that person and others.

Why are some freaking out? Because it's better if less people are hospitalized? It's better if less people die? I'd prefer if my loved ones can get the best care possible if they ever have to go to a hospital. That's not always possible if they're already packed.

Can you give examples of the differences in public policies during the H1N1 pandemic?
We are seeing how ineffective the vaccines are corrrct?

BarnBurner

Reaction score

Perhaps you should talk about effective and honest public health policy.

BarnBurner

Reaction score

1642213444137.png

Reactions: SDR

Wally

Reaction score
Once China has their lockdown perfected they will release version 2.0, that one might be truely sanitary.

bga1

Reaction score
I don't think so. Still think cloth masks are better than nothing. But feel like there are better options and we're almost two years into this, should be more effort to push the better masks.

Cloth masks were an easy and cheap option early on. Like they're finally doing with the at home tests (finally), why not make better masks available for free or at a discounted price?
Thank you for finally admitting that the masks don’t work. That took a year or so…

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
You said that we need better masks. That is an admission that the ones you have been advocating don't work. We both know it.
I can’t believe I have to explain this to you like you’re 5 but here we go. Saying one option is better than another is not saying that the less effective option is not effective at all.

And I’ve never advocated for cloth masks only. That’s another lie.

Last edited:

kg21

Reaction score
I can’t believe I have to explain this to you like you’re 5 but here we go. Saying one option is better than another is not saying that the less effective option is not effective at all.

And I’ve advocated for cloth masks only. That’s another lie.
The masks don't work, and you are allowed to say that.

Oatmeal told us if we wear our masks, this will end.

Another swing and a miss.

BarnBurner

Reaction score

And I’ve never advocated for cloth masks only. That’s another lie.
Utter BS. Spinner working hard.

GII, Shill Pauli, and little red lying hood. Siblings, at the very least.

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
Utter BS. Spinner working hard.

GII, Shill Pauli, and little red lying hood. Siblings, at the very least.
Produce one post where I said people should only be wearing cloth masks. You won’t because it doesn’t exist. You live in a fantasy world.

Wally

Reaction score
The problem is that too many in are society are idiots who think everything is black and white.

I have been telling people since the beginning about masks and what I said refects the current reality, the only ones that really work are N95 or KN95. How did I know that? Why were you to stupid to know that?

howeda7

Reaction score

Wally

Reaction score
No democrat has the balls.

I think it, posting... well community standards.... I try to push them as far as I can but dad is a pretty sensitive snowflake...
🤷🏼‍♂️

All I can do is celebrate every Beeg victory in his fight against the vaccine.
🤣🤣🤣🤣😱😱😱😱

Top Bottom