Maryland making significant changes

swingman

Reaction score

“We’ve had some challenging moments in the first half of the season, and as a result, I’ve made some tough decisions and significant moves internally,” Locksley said.

Locksley said Maryland will undergo wide-scale operational and behind-the-scenes overhauls, maybe the most dramatic of the coach’s uneven tenure.

Locksley took over play-calling duties last week from offensive coordinator Josh Gattis, who held that responsibility since he was hired before the 2023 season. In the first trial of that adjustment, Maryland scored a season-low 10 points against an opponent that was previously allowing more than double that. It gave the Terps their fifth consecutive loss out of a bye week — Locksley has never won such a game.

The coach declined to say if he will continue to call plays this week and beyond but said his influence in the offense won’t go away.

Locksley also didn’t rule out personnel and lineup changes, as well as tweaks to the team’s practice and game-planning routines. He declined to specify what they’d look like but said fans will see them on the field.

“We’ve had some challenging moments in the first half of the season, and as a result, I’ve made some tough decisions and significant moves internally,” Locksley said.

Locksley said Maryland will undergo wide-scale operational and behind-the-scenes overhauls, maybe the most dramatic of the coach’s uneven tenure.

Locksley took over play-calling duties last week from offensive coordinator Josh Gattis, who held that responsibility since he was hired before the 2023 season. In the first trial of that adjustment, Maryland scored a season-low 10 points against an opponent that was previously allowing more than double that. It gave the Terps their fifth consecutive loss out of a bye week — Locksley has never won such a game.

The coach declined to say if he will continue to call plays this week and beyond but said his influence in the offense won’t go away.

Locksley also didn’t rule out personnel and lineup changes, as well as tweaks to the team’s practice and game-planning routines. He declined to specify what they’d look like but said fans will see them on the field.
Anyone know what Fleck's record is in the first game after a bye?

Feels like every year he scrapes by and does just enough to keep his job. Unfortunately for him he missed the easy front half of the schedule this year and they may get pummeled here down the stretch

Good chance to get win #5. A passing team that's currently struggling, and at home off a bye to boot. We'll see what the line is but I'm probably taking the Gophers minus the points.

I Realize he doesn't want to give any secrets away but it seems more likely he doesn't realllly have any to tell.

Top Bottom