Maryland football intends to pressure Minnesota’s inexperienced quarterback

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Diamondback:

The first-year coach, however, dismissed the notion the Terps held an advantage.

Leidner has averaged 201.2 yards a game and generated buzz as a potential high-round 2017 NFL draft pick entering his redshirt senior season, but Durkin anticipates Minnesota coach Tracy Claeys will prepare Rhoda to fill the void.

"Unfortunately part of the game of football, there's injury," Durkin said. "I'm sure he'll function and operate within their scheme."

A day later, Buh stood at the podium and echoed the same sentiments. Still, he couldn't hide his smile when a reporter asked him about the Terps' pass rush plans against the inexperienced signal-caller.

He paused with a grin spread across his face as he said the Terps will "let the game determine that." Before he finished his answer, he stopped and smiled again.

"Anyone gets excited when you're going on a blitz," safety Darnell Savage Jr. said. "It's just a mentality. You just got to be excited where you're going on a blitz because it's a chance to make a huge play."

http://www.dbknews.com/2016/10/14/maryland-football-defense-minnesota-preview/

Go Gophers!!

Would be a bigger story if they planned not to pressure.

"Maryland plans on sitting back and letting Gophers QB pass the ball".

It is a smokescreen..... they're not even going to put anyone on the line...

Bringing pressure against an inexperienced QB is Football 1001.

It is a smokescreen..... they're not even going to put anyone on the line...

I'm wondering if Jay would give SB23 the ball even then - or if he would stick with his original plan despite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if Jay would give SB23 the ball even then - or if he would stick with his original plan despite?

Throw to the WR after he runs 4 yards ...

These responses made me laugh out loud (LOL for you old folks). It's good timing too - I was about ready to give up with all the hate lately

These responses made me laugh out loud (LOL for you old folks). It's good timing too - I was about ready to give up with all the hate lately

You need to have a sense of humor to survive as a Gopher fan. Otherwise you would just spend all your time depressed.

You need to have a sense of humor to survive as a Gopher fan. Otherwise you would just spend all your time depressed.

BS. Having a sense of humor means you are accepting mediocrity. Shame on you all.

BS. Having a sense of humor means you are accepting mediocrity. Shame on you all.
Try giving in to the reality of Gopher football, my fan experience is much more enjoyable now that I don't really care about the result of the game.

Top Bottom