Maryland Fans Gone Awry?

jmag21

Reaction score
http://www.terpcenter.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7054&page=1

This thread is absolutely incredible, if it's not fake. Apparently some Terps fans on the Scout message board got a hold of the Duke hotel phone numbers and were causing a considerable ruckus, and a bunch of people got in trouble. Unbelievably hilarious thread.

UPDATE: I didn't see that it had been posted on Deadspin. Apparently the Terps fans were unable to capitalize on the valuable room and phone number information. More's the pity. Still a hilarious read.

We should do this for the Wisconsin game. They all stay in the Radisson on campus don't they?

Bush league

As much as I can't stand Duke, this kind of stuff is bush league, childish.

You know what they say; let a sleeping dog lie. Wisconsin will be primed enough to kick our a*s next week after we beat them in Kohl. Let's not add fuel to the fire.

We should do this for the Wisconsin game. QUOTE]

No we shouldn't. How about you and the other gorillas focus on creativity for once! Not meant to rip on you specifically, but outside of the green man, I can't recall a creative thing the students have done. They are there in numbers which is a great start, but certainly not creative nor that loud. What you do during free throws can be found at most high school games around the city. I often wonder if our students watch games on ESPN. But if you don't want to be creative or intimidating, please don't be stupid and call the hotel.

Go4, If nothing else it would keep the night shift desk clerk(s) awake. :)

We should do this for the Wisconsin game. QUOTE]

No we shouldn't. How about you and the other gorillas focus on creativity for once! Not meant to rip on you specifically, but outside of the green man, I can't recall a creative thing the students have done. They are there in numbers which is a great start, but certainly not creative nor that loud. What you do during free throws can be found at most high school games around the city. I often wonder if our students watch games on ESPN. But if you don't want to be creative or intimidating, please don't be stupid and call the hotel.

I think ChemEGopher has a great idea. count me in to help you out. Also Go4 have you noticed where the students sit in relation to the basket. The best students are way to the side by the visitor bench. It is kind of hard to be distracting when the band and cheerleaders are behind the basket. Even if the students were to do something the shooter wouldnt even see it.

Cue the theme music of everyone's favorite, "Older Fans vs. Students."

[The theme music is "Yakety Sax!" by Boots Randolph, FYI]

hahahah

This is f-ing hilarious.... The Terps might be my new 2nd favorite team... I'm going to put Coach Grinch and the rest of the Vadgers on speed dial for the up-coming game...

game against duke on espn right now...student section can easily be heard chanting, "F*ck u singler"

"but outside of the green man, I can't recall a creative thing the students have done."

The green man is from a show called "its always sunny i Philadelphia". there were approximately 4,000 of them strolling around dinkytown and como over Halloween, so i guess that isn't that creative either

honestly Bourne do you think it's cool that Maryland also made JJ Redick change his cell phone number six times? Do you think its cool Maryland fans would call his phone saying they were having sex with his twelve year old sister? Juan Dixon was called crack head baby by Virginia fans but Maryland fans go do the same thing. It is cool to degrade someone just because the program is succesful? I dislike Wisconsin more than anyone but I would be embarassed if a fellow Gopher fan would call a player or coaches hotel phone room. Are we that inferior to a team that can hardly score 50 points?

Yes to all but the last question.

Seriously though, a prank war with wiscy is probably not a battle we'd want to be in. They have nothing else to do. And i think they drink more beer. and i don't think they're as smart. And i think they're more prone to making asses of themselves. We're at a severe disadvantage.

Completely Agree.....This Low Life Stuff

honestly Bourne do you think it's cool that Maryland also made JJ Redick change his cell phone number six times? Do you think its cool Maryland fans would call his phone saying they were having sex with his twelve year old sister? Juan Dixon was called crack head baby by Virginia fans but Maryland fans go do the same thing. Is it cool to degrade someone just because the program is succesful? I dislike Wisconsin more than anyone but I would be embarassed if a fellow Gopher fan would call a player or coaches hotel phone room. Are we that inferior to a team that can hardly score 50 points?

This is a bunch of grade school stuff with adult language. Stupid. Really, really stupid. Let's get drunk and do something really stupid and then we can tell each other how cool we were for years when we get drunk again. Idiots.

Easy there Minnyrules11, I think it's way past your bedtime... Not once in my reply did I state that what the Maryland fans are doing is cool.. I simply said it was funny, like a comedy movie.. And if your familiar with the word sarcasm, then you would realize that I will not be calling the Badgers when they are in town.... I think there are far too many members on this board that take words out of context, or patrol like they are holier than thou... My apologies gang, I will clean up my act....

I bet the Hopkins student section is better than our student section and more creative.

it would be nice if the barnyard board actually did something instead of stand there like zombies and put pieces of useless paper on our seats with a big 3 on it. yeah those are really cool.

First, I think these arguments are pointless b/c any student who takes the time to post on this board is obviously a big Gopher bball fan and likely not responsible for you're perceived shortcomings of the student section.

That said, I have 2 home games left in my career as a student, so this is the last chance I have to respond to criticism like this. What it comes down to is this: the Gopher basketball team hasn't been relevant (to anyone but die-hard fans) in over a decade. Now that we are on our way back to becoming a competitive team we have all witnessed the team struggle to handle success. I think the same thing is going on with the student section. Just two years ago, the student section maxed out at a few hundred for BT games (and that's all Monson ball deserved). It's unrealistic to expect an immediate bounce back to the form of the 90's or 80's or whatever you consider to be the glory days. The revitalization of the student section will come with the re-emergence of the Gophers as a consistent Big Ten power.

First, I think these arguments are pointless b/c any student who takes the time to post on this board is obviously a big Gopher bball fan and likely not responsible for you're perceived shortcomings of the student section.

That said, I have 2 home games left in my career as a student, so this is the last chance I have to respond to criticism like this. What it comes down to is this: the Gopher basketball team hasn't been relevant (to anyone but die-hard fans) in over a decade. Now that we are on our way back to becoming a competitive team we have all witnessed the team struggle to handle success. I think the same thing is going on with the student section. Just two years ago, the student section maxed out at a few hundred for BT games (and that's all Monson ball deserved). It's unrealistic to expect an immediate bounce back to the form of the 90's or 80's or whatever you consider to be the glory days. The revitalization of the student section will come with the re-emergence of the Gophers as a consistent Big Ten power.

You make good points. As I said it was not intended to be directed towards you personally. The student section has come a long way and certainly it can't become Duke overnight because zTTa's guy Monson did some long term harm to this program as fans forgot how to cheer as it didn't have much to cheer for for way too long. As the program learns to win again, the fans need to learn to get loud again. It will come, never as fast as most of us would like, but it will happen. In the mean time, I hope you enjoy your last couple of games and cheer loud.

Top Bottom