Maroon end zone response

gophermartin

Reaction score
I sent an e-mail in...

They expect the field color is the closest to the U std that the manufacturer had and they expect the color to darken some with the black fill (rubber) material. The seats are actually a little darker than the official school (and the uniform) maroon.

I think the maroon on this web page is what the U requires.

Go Gophers!

GM

Remember, too, that those colors will fade in the sun over time, so making them slightly darker is probably a good idea...

Remember, too, that those seats will be filled on Saturday afternoons, so nobody will see them anyway.

When I raised this issue on the other thread, I was only half serious. I really think this is a non-issue. Sadly, our Maroon color is very hard to keep consistent, and has changed subtly overtime. Every sweatshirt, t-shirt, Hat, jersey, stadium seat, helmet is a different color of maroon....and its ok, its not the end of the world. I personally wish we would've always stuck with the very dark maroon shade and never wavered. But all of the different shades of jerseys that we've had have really gone through a spectrum of dark red, USC red, brownish, to darker maroons.

I think that is difficult to judge without the Gold writing on it. Also shades of the same color always seem to appear different depending on what it is made of (i.e. the maroon of plastic chairs compared to field turf compared to sweatshirts.)

Top Bottom