Mark Coyle needs to act decisively and hire a new coach soon.

hungan1

Reaction score
I have heartfelt sympathy for all the coaching staff and their families and for Tracy Claeys.

The die is cast. Now we need a new coach in a hurry and I hope Coyle has his guy in his pocket.

Hopefully the new coach will be like Jerry Kill and come to talk to the players right away and give them some assurances that they have a place in the new era. Finally, the new coach probably will need to re-secure Tracy Claeys' commitments, and recruit recruit recruit right away.

Is there a chance that they retain Claeys' defensive coaches?

I hope he has multiple options like now. The longer this drags on or God forbid we get a search committee we are screwed. I also hope we can keep some of the assistant coaches but the reality is the new HC almost always wants " his guys "

If the AD indeed is the Minnesota Machiavelli and has a "candidate" ready in the wings...then I'd expect the previous defensive staff to throw a resume against the wall and see if it sticks.

Clock is ticking on this scenario though...

There is a small, vengeful part of me that wants everybody we have heard of to say no.

But then that only hurts us, the fans.

If the AD indeed is the Minnesota Machiavelli and has a "candidate" ready in the wings...then I'd expect the previous defensive staff to throw a resume against the wall and see if it sticks.

Clock is ticking on this scenario though...
What if they brought in Chip Kelly and kept defensive staff?

What if they brought in the ghost of Bernie Beirman and had Knute Rockne as a "consultant"

What if Tim Brewster came is as our recruiting coordinator and official twitter account was faux pelini. Swavel ran the defense and mike leach ran the offense. Head coach is Tony Dungy who has replaced Coyle and is also AD.

This administration will not allow anyone willing to take the job to keep the old defensive staff other than maybe Mike Sherrels.

One wonders if Claeys one-year stint was the plan all along. The gang banging, going against the grain in favor of the players, the twit, the lackluster attendance, the lack of aggressive fundraising all made it a real convenient cover for firing a 9-4 coach.

Of course, there is the public anger over the sex scandal.

One wonders if Claeys one-year stint was the plan all along. The gang banging, going against the grain in favor of the players, the twit, the lackluster attendance, the lack of aggressive fundraising all made it a real convenient cover for firing a 9-4 coach.

Of course, there is the public anger over the sex scandal.

Claeys was simply put a 1.5 season interim coach

Not going to happen. We need to have a committee- including the femninazis EOAA so that they can approve the hiring. No successful football coach will be interested in this job, regardless of the pay.

There is a small, vengeful part of me that wants everybody we have heard of to say no.

But then that only hurts us, the fans.

I keep going back to the BB search. It might have ended up OK, at least for now, but that was very disheartening.

Get ready for the 3-9 "Honeymoon Season" for the new guy. Yeah, that's gonna be a barrel of monkey nuts. Just found some free time this fall.

Top Bottom