Mark Alt

GopherNation5

Reaction score
Does anyone know if we have offered him? He is a Junior QB for Cretin and I know that he just recently received an offer from UCLA, so i'm just wondering if Brewster has any interest in him. He is also verbally comitted to the gophers for hockey, but I know that if given the choice he would rather play football.

I though he had a nice arm when I saw him play against Blaine at the dome. I didn't think watching him that he should be a future Gopher. Just my thoughts. I don't know if he fits in the "spread" QB category.

Does anyone know if we have offered him? He is a Junior QB for Cretin and I know that he just recently received an offer from UCLA, so i'm just wondering if Brewster has any interest in him. He is also verbally comitted to the gophers for hockey, but I know that if given the choice he would rather play football.

He plans to play hockey for the U in college.

I know that if given the choice he would rather play football.

Are you sure? All I've heard is that he is a hockey player with an NHL future.

And, if he chooses football, that would spell bad news for the Gophers. I would just about guarantee you he'd end up at Iowa if he chose football.

He is my neighbor and I have talked to him a number of times on what he would do if he got an offer from the gophers to play football, amd every time I mention the gophers offering him for football he says that it would be a dream come true to play college football, and that given the choice he would probably rather play on the gridiron, and follow in his dads footsteps to the nfl.

He is my neighbor and I have talked to him a number of times on what he would do if he got an offer from the gophers to play football, amd every time I mention the gophers offering him for football he says that it would be a dream come true to play college football, and that given the choice he would probably rather play on the gridiron, and follow in his dads footsteps to the nfl.

That's interesting. People who I trust have been saying that the Alts have been telling football coaches that Mark will play hockey in college. If it really is his dream to play college football, I'm sure more schools would have offered had he let them know that was his dream. I think there are coaches out there who think he's worthy of an offer, but figured he was hockey all the way.

You have a much closer connection that I do - as you've talked to the kid himself, so I'll trust what you're saying. Maybe we'll see him on the gridiron somewhere afterall.

Word among hockey circles is that Alt is going to play hockey for the Gophers unless he gets an offer from Notre Dame to play football. This is based on comments his father has apparently made behind the scenes to various people.

Word among hockey circles is that Alt is going to play hockey for the Gophers unless he gets an offer from Notre Dame to play football. This is based on comments his father has apparently made behind the scenes to various people.

That seems odd. I wonder what's the big draw to Notre Dame? The program is not doing particularly well and there is no family history there. Nothing seems dreamy about that place right now. I would have figured Iowa was his dream school given his dad's playing days there and his dad's tight relationship with Ferentz. I guess I totally whiffed on this thread.

That seems odd. I wonder what's the big draw to Notre Dame? The program is not doing particularly well and there is no family history there. Nothing seems dreamy about that place right now. I would have figured Iowa was his dream school given his dad's playing days there and his dad's tight relationship with Ferentz. I guess I totally whiffed on this thread.

Catholic School + Cretin Pipeline = Notre Dame...

Every single big time athlete who went to college from Cretin in the last 10 years has pretty much gone to Notre Dame or the U. Its play for the home town team or play for "His" Team.....

Catholic School + Cretin Pipeline = Notre Dame...

Every single big time athlete who went to college from Cretin in the last 10 years has pretty much gone to Notre Dame or the U. Its play for the home town team or play for "His" Team.....

I'm aware of the pipeline from CDH to ND. I just don't understand it in the specific case of Alt.

And, not every star went to ND or MN - few got away...Joe Schaeffer, Broderick Binns, Rafeal Eubanks, Joe Mauer, and Brandon Archer in more recent years. Of course, Steve Walsh, Carl McCullough, and Chris Weinke years ago.

I'm aware of the pipeline from CDH to ND. I just don't understand it in the specific case of Alt.

And, not every star went to ND or MN - few got away...Joe Schaeffer, Broderick Binns, Rafeal Eubanks, Joe Mauer, and Brandon Archer in more recent years. Of course, Steve Walsh, Carl McCullough, and Chris Weinke years ago.

+1 tjgopher

Excellent job of refuting a blanket statement that is far from accurate.

Top Bottom