Marcus Fuller to join Strib as gopher basketball beat reporter

die hard gopher

Reaction score
Someone who genuinely cares and is passionate about gopher Bball will cover them. Should be nice.

Great hire...Marcus knows the game, is fair and has no agendas. I look forward to reading him via a larger forum.

as expected, great hire nonetheless.

So there's an opening at the Press! Print that resume BTP!!

I hope Marcus always covers Gopher basketball (or football). The guy is about as good as you can get for a B1G team in a market our size. I would not be surprised if he got as good of an offer as Myron at some point though. Marcus is much more deserving of that kind of opportunity.

Good news. Marcus even has some curiosity about the women's game and will post a few items. He'll even pick up the phone and get a quote or two.

Great hire by the Strib, too bad for the Pioneer Press, hopefully they can find the next Marcus

Another step up for the Strib. 50/50 odds he's replaced by AP wire reports at the PP though.

Don't let the Strib ruin you! Keep doing what you do best.

This is a home run hire for them. I'm excited to see what Marcus writes to a larger audience. I just hope his writing doesn't change too much.

Congrats Marcus! Great hire and look forward to his writing.

I will miss foodie and barfly tips.

+19

Good luck to Marcus and Amelia. May be the best for everyone............... well except PP.

Go Barflies!

I hope Marcus always covers Gopher basketball (or football). The guy is about as good as you can get for a B1G team in a market our size. I would not be surprised if he got as good of an offer as Myron at some point though. Marcus is much more deserving of that kind of opportunity.
"Everybody Loves Marcus." We need a sitcom.

Where's Amelia off to?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think Marcus will do a very good job. I think that he will be more plugged in and interested than Amelia was. I hope that they can keep him for a while.

You cant top Marcus. He is a very hard worker.

I don't agree with a lot of Marcus' takes but he does a good job covering and reporting on the Gophs. Congrats to him for sure!

I'd imagine a beat writer job is one of the toughest in sports journalism. You have to develop close relationships with players and coaches being around them so often, but you've got to toe the line of being objective without getting too ducky and bunny on the bit, but also avoid coming across as too negative. That's not easy. Then there's the recruiting nuggets and transfer stuff and other breaking stories that you've got to stay up on and stay plugged in. It's a lot of work for I'd imagine not a lot of pay.

So good for him. Think he'll do a good job at the Strib. Wonder who takes over for him at the PP. I've got a few ideas but nothing more than gut guessing.

Top Bottom