Marcus Fuller on Cory Joseph

BleedGopher

Reaction score
-- Findlay Prep guard Cory Joseph, the Gophers' top recruiting target, scored 23 points, but couldn't stop his team from losing for the second time this season 54-51 to Montverde Academy (Fla.) on Saturday. James Bell led Montverde with 22 points. Bell is a Villanova recruit, so I wonder if he talked to Joseph after the game about joining him next season with the Wildcats, who are about to move up to No. 2 in the national polls on Monday.

-- I haven't heard anybody really close to the Joseph family saying Villanova is a major player for Joseph, but they are probably in his top three. Obviously, he would have to play behind some great guards next season. Corey Fisher, Corey Stokes and Maalik Wayns will likely start in the Villanova backcourt in 2010-11. Lets see. He could join Minnesota and be one of two Joseph guards on the squad (with his brother Devoe). He could go to Villanova and be one of three players with basically the same name (Cory/Corey). Or he could go to Texas and join two of his former high school teammates (Tristan Thompson and Avery Bradley), and be the only Joseph and Cory/Corey on the roster. Tough decision, but it seems one school has an advantage here.

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers/2010/01/wr-allen-travels-with-basketba.html

Go Gophers!!

We've been through all this 'information' plenty on this board.

The only things I'd add is that Tristan Thompson did hurt his ankle in the first half and was out the rest of the game..and I think JB had 23 not 22. Not that Bell's points matter.. he was firing nicely all night.

Makes sense to me. [/sarcasm] I am sure recruits routinely pick their school based on the number of other players with the same last or first name.

What a worthless post Myron.

Top Bottom