Man puts off pacemaker for MSU/UM game

Reminds me of a Bama fan I read about in this great book called Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer. The author met this Bama fan who needed a transplant but was told if he traveled more than 200 (I think) miles from his home in Tennessee that he would get bumped down the priority list each time he did so. He hadn't missed a Tide game in something like 40 years, so every fall he kept get knocked down the list because he'd leave his home to travel to Tuscaloosa for games.

Or the Bama fans who proudly noted that they missed their daughter's wedding because of a Tide game but still made it to the reception by leaving the game with 5 minutes to play (which they never do...Bama Bitter End Club members both).

Lots of devoted (or crazy) folks out there.

There's devoted and then there is excessive. It's not worth dying for. And it's not more important than your family.

On the other hand, it just might be more important than beating the traffic (which you really aren't going to do anyway). Stay for the band's performance after the game, and the traffic will be pretty will pretty much take care of itself.

Top Bottom