Man Cave

GophersInIowa

Reaction score
So one of my next projects is to turn our basement into my man cave. The finished part is not very big so I won't be able to go too crazy with it. Anyone have photos of their man cave they're willing to share? Anyone paint their walls maroon and gold?

Not really a man cave but I toyed with the idea of building a theater room addition to the house. Had structural plans drawn up and everything, but in the end I ditched the idea. I ended up upgrading the tv in the tv room from 70" to 85" (already had surround sound speakers all over) and I'm looking at a few rows of theater seating but haven't gotten that far yet.

This is a great site for things like that:

Home Theater Seating, Sofas and Loveseats

We have an old house with an unfinished basement. Decided to finally turn it into my tiki room. Besides the tons of items we have collected over the years, I only spent about $200 to do it.

Attachments

• 1578446856812.jpg
    1578446856812.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 42
  • 1578446895519.jpg
    1578446895519.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 41

We have an old house with an unfinished basement. Decided to finally turn it into my tiki room. Besides the tons of items we have collected over the years, I only spent about $200 to do it.
Nice!

Man! That is an impressive tiki room. I’ll wager you make a mean Luau Fizz and Hilo Diver.

My wife despises the term man cave and doesn't allow me to use it :) shes' not allowed a she shed either.

[
My wife despises the term man cave and doesn't allow me to use it :) shes' not allowed a she shed either.
A real man would knock some sense into her. U don’t have a man cave because u don’t deserve one.

Once you have that bad boy perfected, I would literally pay an admission fee to visit your room.
I would hope he would let you in free considering the dire tax situation you have going....:)

I would hope he would let you in free considering the dire tax situation you have going....:)
If the Gophers ever make it to Final Four, I'll invite all of you to come over and celebrate.

If the Gophers ever make it to Final Four, I'll invite all of you to come over and celebrate.
It seems everyone who used to say "I'll do X when the Gophers make the Rose Bowl" have switched tactics. Noted.

So one of my next projects is to turn our basement into my man cave. The finished part is not very big so I won't be able to go too crazy with it. Anyone have photos of their man cave they're willing to share? Anyone paint their walls maroon and gold?

I have a home theater with gold and maroon walls and about a 108" projection screen.
Don't use it as often as you would think.

I am thinking about replicating the smell from the Knight Cap's (NE Mpls) bathroom for my house.
I always admired the diamond plate sheet metal look of Grumpy’s.

One word for a successful man cave:

Urinal.

It shows you are all in.
A Metrodome trough would be even better.

True story: my dad worked on US Bank Stadium and was able to get 4 Metrodome seats. He still has them in storage but once I get my basement figured out, they're going in there.

A Metrodome trough would be even better.

True story: my dad worked on US Bank Stadium and was able to get 4 Metrodome seats. He still has them in storage but once I get my basement figured out, they're going in there.
I used to work with this local nonprofit, and we got four Metrodome seats donated. We were like, "Sweet, we can auction these off at our fundraiser." Literally not a single taker. They're super heavy and awkward to mount with the rear facing braces. You can't just sit in them without building some sort of heavy duty frame. They would be cool in a man cave though. Post a picture when you get them mounted.

Top Bottom