Malcolm Moulton was arrested for a felony

Go4

Reaction score

Brandon Bochenski (hockey player from the North Metro who went to UND) was being recruited by the U and I believe had even verballed to the the U for Gopher hockey. He was then caught counterfieting $20 bills. Because of this, he was denied a scholarship to the U by the coaching staff and ended up signing with North Dakota. Similar situation. Must be the coaches decision.

Has he been in trouble since then? That's nearly three years ago. If he's screwed up since then, that's another kettle of fish. If he gets in trouble while under Kill's watch, that's also a different situation.

He was 17 and a junior in h.s., probably charged as a juvenile. He has stayed out of trouble at the juco he attended, and deserves another shot. Counterfeiting $30 dollars is a pretty dumb thing to do but not nearly as serious as other crimes. Iowa's bball team just signed a juco 26yr old felon who served 4 yrs in prison. Lol.

This sounds like it was just a 17 year old kid being a dumb a** more than anything.

did we know this? i'm sure if this was iowa signing an alleged felon we'd rip ferentz. kill will get a pass since he's got an aw shucks schtick. hopefully the kid learned his lesson. at least he didn't try to use a $1 million bill like some dude did in minneapolis at a cvs a few weeks back. here is the article http://www.hinterlandgazette.com/2008/08/malcolm-moulton-17-and-daryle-wesley-18.html

The real question was/ is where did THEY get the bills from? Not many teenagers I know would be able to spot a counterfeit bill if they were given one. It's amazing how many times a fake bill can change hands before someone even questions if it's fake.

My girlfriend got handed one from a gas station by the U. It happens.

This sounds like it was just a 17 year old kid being a dumb a** more than anything.

More like he never learned not to steal when he was learning his mores as a 3 year old. Tough to teach kids mores after 6. Risky proposition. A felony is not just being a dumb ass for a day.

He tried spending it at a book store though so I think he should get a free pass :p

He tried spending it at a book store though so I think he should get a free pass :p

That is why they invented the public library (see Ben Franklin). If a book is not in stock, you can request it. Usually takes about 3 weeks to attain. Once again, he choose the the stupid way of accomplishing something.

That is why they invented the public library (see Ben Franklin). If a book is not in stock, you can request it. Usually takes about 3 weeks to attain. Once again, he choose the the stupid way of accomplishing something.

No one is defending his actions. It's up to the coach to decide if the kid is worth giving a scholarship to. Scholarships have been given to players with much worse track records in the past.

More like he never learned not to steal when he was learning his mores as a 3 year old. Tough to teach kids mores after 6. Risky proposition. A felony is not just being a dumb ass for a day.

Splitting hairs but if we're going to rag on the felony part its worth noting that it's only b/c it involved counterfeit bills. Straight theft of $30 wouldn't come with that tag. What I couldn't figure out was if they made the bills or were simply caught passing bills they knew to be fake.

I received a $3 bill with change once. When I tried to give it back for 3 $1 bills, the clerk said she could not do that. Go figure.

Article on the forgery

Splitting hairs but if we're going to rag on the felony part its worth noting that it's only b/c it involved counterfeit bills. Straight theft of $30 wouldn't come with that tag. What I couldn't figure out was if they made the bills or were simply caught passing bills they knew to be fake.

As several people have already said, they should have also been charged with being dumb asses. They copied the same bill so all three bills had the same serial number. Ah, the folly of youth. If you want more information click on the link below to read the article:

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...8/08/27/central_gwinnett_forgery_arrests.html

Has he been in trouble since then? That's nearly three years ago. If he's screwed up since then, that's another kettle of fish. If he gets in trouble while under Kill's watch, that's also a different situation.

Agree...at some point in time, a person needs to know they can get up again...I am certain Kill knows about the felony and has been briefed on his life since.

As several people have already said, they should have also been charged with being dumb asses. They copied the same bill so all three bills had the same serial number. Ah, the folly of youth. If you want more information click on the link below to read the article:

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/me...8/08/27/central_gwinnett_forgery_arrests.html

Well yea, I kinda thought that went without saying. I'm not defending what they did. Just figured if anyone was going to harp on the felony portion of it I'd point out that there's a specific reason why that charge would be applied compared to equivalent levels of dumbassery.

Agree...at some point in time, a person needs to know they can get up again...I am certain Kill knows about the felony and has been briefed on his life since.

I'm POSITIVE that Kill is aware of the felony. Until proven otherwise I'm willing to simply trust the man's judgement as he has no track history of fielding teams full of troublemakers.

If you look in the comments section you will see that there was a comment posted a few hours ago that reads...

"Moulton will fit right in at the University of Minnesota. They have a long record of recruiting and playing a big variety of criminals. That's a big reason they are close to the top of NCAA schools as far as being penalized and put on probation for cheating."

and I thought Pantherhawk was dead

If you look in the comments section you will see that there was a comment posted a few hours ago that reads...

Where was that posted?

Where was that posted?

When I opened the link and scrolled over the comments section, that comment appeared. I didn't see it when I looked at the comments initially, but when I placed my mouse pointer over the comments it showed up.

When I opened the link and scrolled over the comments section, that comment appeared. I didn't see it when I looked at the comments initially, but when I placed my mouse pointer over the comments it showed up.

Interesting that the article is from 2008, and as of 11:30 June 16, 2011 the comments were made in the past 4 hours.

Nice to know that trolls never sleep.

Interesting that the article is from 2008, and as of 11:30 June 16, 2011 the comments were made in the past 4 hours.

Nice to know that trolls never sleep.

There's only one *&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!# out there who would post on a three-year-old article.

My guess is he and his 'co-conspirator' avoided prosecution since there are no follow-up articles.

Top Bottom