Major League coaching job by Claeys

metrolax

Reaction score
First-rate job by Claeys and his staff. No arguing that.....beyond dispute.

Agreed. Coaching staff and players really brought it all together against major adversity.

The defensive staff deserves major props. The offense finally came alive a little bit late but was very mediocre in the first half. But all things considered the staff definitely deserves major credit for having the guys ready to play with all of the distractions in the weeks leading up to the game.

Pure brilliance. He chewed up the offensive genius and spit him out. That was a defense that would have been worthy of playing in Pasadena.

Tip of the cap to them for what they were able to get the kids to do.
I never thought we'd beat Wazzu. Congratulations on a job well done.

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

There has never been any doubt that Tracy can really coach 'em up on defense. Tonight was a true test, and he (& team) passed.

Having said that, I'm still not convinced he's truly head coach material. However it comes out, I can live with it. Would hope we can find a way to keep him & Sawvel around. Very impressive tackling, and guys were flying to the ball. Ski U Mah!

Defensive backs out, o lineman out, Durr goes down, Richardson goes down...unbelievable effort.

I remember Gopher 028 and many others calling for Sawvel's head early in the year. Where are the critics now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There has never been any doubt that Tracy can really coach 'em up on defense. Tonight was a true test, and he (& team) passed.

Having said that, I'm still not convinced he's truly head coach material. However it comes out, I can live with it. Would hope we can find a way to keep him & Sawvel around. Very impressive tackling, and guys were flying to the ball. Ski U Mah!
He just went 9 and 4. Won 2 straight bowl games. What must the man do to "convince you he's head coaching material?"

He just went 9 and 4. Won 2 straight bowl games. What must the man do to "convince you he's head coaching material?"

Win a rivalry game. But honestly, Tracy was stuck with the guys Kill recruited on offense, so I'll give him a pass for how bad Mitch was and how awful our offensive line and receiving corps are. It was a heck of a game tonight and they deserve to enjoy this win for a good 24 hours. I assume we'll know by Friday if Claeys is out or not...

Win a rivalry game. But honestly, Tracy was stuck with the guys Kill recruited on offense, so I'll give him a pass for how bad Mitch was and how awful our offensive line and receiving corps are. It was a heck of a game tonight and they deserve to enjoy this win for a good 24 hours. I assume we'll know by Friday if Claeys is out or not...
Really. He must win a rivalry game to be considered "head coaching material." I'd say that someone that has gone 9-4 in the Big10 is most definitely head coaching material. If you want to argue what level of head coach he might be, I'd understand. But, head coaching material? That's suggests perhaps he shouldn't even be considered as a head coach, which is rediculous.

This team was prepared to win today. Defense was incredible given the suspensions, and in game injuries.
I can't think of many wins I've been prouder about.

This team was prepared to win today. Defense was incredible given the suspensions, and in game injuries.
I can't think of many wins I've been prouder about.

Agreed. Proud of the team and their effort tonight. Didn't say that much this year, but certainly tonight. They went out with purpose and won the game against some odds (according to vegas).

Proud of the players and coaches and effort and no thanks to the University President. This was a big foam middle finger shoved up chicken bleep President Kahler butt. The same chicken bleep who got his way because all he cared about was bringing in that bowl check to the conference and the revenue sharing. I hope he choked on and had to spit up some of the free food on his suit he enjoyed at the Holiday Bowl luncheon. Would have served his self righteous butt right.

Not many folks other than diehard fans and themselves wanted them to win. None of the predictors predicted they would. Well done!'

This is the signature win up to this point for Claeys! Basically a depleted defensive backfield, turmoil, vs a top passing team... and not only do you hold them under 20 points, but you beat them. I have always thought he'd be a good coach in a year or two, but maybe he is getting the hang of it now. I say keep him and give him some time!

Top Bottom